Kanoute Opts for Mali!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

*(&^$ the Euro leagues. Up Africa! :twisted:
Where does he think is going? We are struggling in the league and he's going to the nations Cup. He better sit his bonny behind down and score some goals.

Does he like getting relegated or something?

Post by Eagle Winged »

ikwerreman wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:If Kanoute goes, then dont be surprised if he never plays for ColdSpuds again. Thats certainly what plenty of fans are calling for.
This is a stupid move from Kanoute.

Are u a spud fan?
Why would you call KAnoute's a bad move but hail the move to get MArtins to agree to Super Eagles move?
IF KAnoute goes to the ANC and does well, he may not even need to lace his boots for SPuds any more.
Please let us hail his move and hail other moves by African players to play for their countries
Ikwerreman, please stop spouting ignorant nonsense. I'm not one of those clamouring for Martins to play at the ANC. If anything, i've been opposing it. Which if you read through my posts on the subject, would realise.

And Kanoute's and Martins' cases are completly different, nevertheless.

Not need to lace his boots anymore? He hasnt even been there half a year. He wouldnt just be able to sign for another club streaight away, it'd be like Uche but worse.

Yes, lets hail Africans to play for their country. But Kanoute is only an African and Mali is only his country as a fallback.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Rogermilla wrote:Yujam add Seidou Keita. That is my best Malian player. Kai that guy has got skills.
NO man! Basala Toure na the best. Reminds me of Amunike!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

I hope we don't meet them! :evil:
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Yujam, your sentiments are again somehow misplaced. This guy has probably never felt anything for Mali. He would rather jump into the French ship than lace his boots for Mali. But since he's door has neveer been knocked by the French, he now sees fit to deny some poor soul that has represented Mali with blood and tears his place. Personally I think he should show some honour and remain at spurs

From his West Ham days, he was always injured and never contributed much to their struggle but getting paid weekly. He could have shown his allegience and stayed with them but jumped ship to Spurs. Again, he's been injured on and off and now Spurs are struggling, he wants to go and play in in the Nations Cup.

How can you trust a player like that regardless of the fact that he's answering the Mali call.

I for one know for a fact that if the French include him in their squad, Mali will not get a courtesy call.

YUJAM wrote:***** the Euro leagues. Up Africa! :twisted:
Where does he think is going? We are struggling in the league and he's going to the nations Cup. He better sit his bonny behind down and score some goals.

Does he like getting relegated or something?
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Yujam:

You must cop the remix to that tune... (An excerpt)

You can be a black man
And come from India
Sri Lanka, or even Bangladesh
And can be blacker than Black...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Gutsy move by the guy, more grease to his elbow and some in his eye if Mali meets the SE in Tunisia
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

okuns wrote:Yujam:

You must cop the remix to that tune... (An excerpt)

You can be a black man
And come from India
Sri Lanka, or even Bangladesh
And can be blacker than Black...
I love it :mrgreen:.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Will they ever do something to correct this row.. I doubt it the more good player coming the better fo sho do
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

PaJimoh wrote:From his West Ham days, he was always injured and never contributed much to their struggle but getting paid weekly. He could have shown his allegience and stayed with them but jumped ship to Spurs. Again, he's been injured on and off and now Spurs are struggling, he wants to go and play in in the Nations Cup
Come on now. You expect this kind of comment from a guy in the stands who is on 5 quid a week, boozed up and can't think through issues logically. I've read your many comments on CE - I know that you know better than this.

Where did Kanoute get injured? At home? No? He got injured in training and in games ie on the job. Abi you don't believe that a factory worker should get paid when he gets injured on the job? Lets get real.

But that has nothing to do with the issue of him paying for Mali. He grew up in France and it seems that he would rather play for them, but he has given up and decided to play for Mali. Either way, he's doing it and its in his heritage. As we saw at last ANC, Malian team is very close to WC level. It needed a legit # 9 and another defender or two to be credilble, so clearly Kanoute will fit in well.

Its not today at ANC time alone that he decided - he's obviously tried things out beforehand because its known that he's previously played in a friendly game for Mali.

Spurs knew all this when they signed him. And apparently they were still willing to sign him. No doubt it has more than a little to do with the fact Kanoute would have cost more like £10MM if he was English. So no crocodile tears please.

I'd still give Kanoute more credit and respect than Obafemi. Whatever the reason, Kanoute will turn up and will push further not only the tradition of the ANC, but also Malian and African football with his efforts and participation. Not to mention that in the future, I'm sure that there are more youngsters in France that will think be more open minded about their choice of intl football when their time comes.