..A POST-MBOMA CAMEROON WOULD SUCK!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ofoje2
Egg
Egg

Post by Ofoje2 »

Maybe we should try eating Plantain like the CAMS, damn...some of the

power play against the Zims will not look out of play in a Rugby final.
Enugu Rangers Supporters Club
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

paj wrote:
Blakes wrote:
I disagree with U completely! E be like sey U need to go pay ya cable company..begin watch EPL instead of Yanki Idol! With Oga's form for EPL...and Kanu's experience...we for trash an Overhyped Moroccan team....but coaching and discipline is the difference between Nigeria and Cameroon... ..not age or calibre of players..
I also disagree with u completely ...If u read my post agian u will understand what im saying...I said we use our players "till they can no longer contribute to the team"....i didnt say they have lost form...okocha and kanu play thier hearts out for thier club but they no longer have the drive to do it for Nigerian soccer...u must remember that thier clubs pay them big money, in comparism they work for free in Nigeria...for thier clubs they have an incentive..for SE they dont...they have done all there is to do..and thats why OPkocha wanted to retire after the WC...Forget the coaching problem against MOrroco our players still didnt play thier hearts out.,..we had our chances but we screwed up...it not like we didnt have any chances at all because of the formation...
Oliseh and finidi still play top class soccer , but they wont give thier all if u invite them to SE..why? because there is no incentive, they have done all there is to do with the SE...the younger players like Abbey and co have an incentive.. and for most of them the incentive is to move to a bigger club earn more money and play in the big leagues...Kanu and okocha have done all this...
..assumption is the mother of all fokops! :evil: Why would U assume that a player would not GIVE their 100% after making all the preparations to make a team list?this is where U guys go wrong...it's like preparing for a date...U go go buy cloth...go shave ya byahbyah.....invest in cologne(in Cameroon's case..PERFUME!)....rent moto(if U no get one..)..pay for hotel....swipe mastercard for food..but when time reach to nak U go begin backpedal? :roll: a lot goes into a game..strategy and all..........since Westerhoff's days I never see Naija team wiff strategy....football is what they play day in day out..it's like being a doctor..even when U no dey office..the moment pesin sick ya instincts to spring in to do what U do naturally....I no see playa wey go enter field and no wan play football...total bs!They may not have the strategy to execute a winning performance...which is what's happening to us...but not from lack of love for the game or the country...

Pa
other factors apart from tatics matter in soccer...thats why when u put a young player u see him hussling his heart out...why? because he wants to play hard and impress...Since u are talking about EPL then i presum u watch okocha play for Bolton, can u compare his games for bolton to what he played against morroco? ok maybe thats not a good example ...if u watched the game against morroco it was very clear that our boys were not giving thier all, players off the ball were just watching the game as if they were not a part of it....a good example would be the goal ,yobo was just staring at the morrocon striker almost as if he was admiring him, by the time he regained concentration it was too late...there were no off the ball runs sef
If SE were giving thier all in that game then we will not go far in this tourney...even with that screwed up formation i think some bench players would have better represented the team...just look at kanu, how much effort did all his experince allow him to contribute? zero....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Achuman
Egg
Egg

Post by Achuman »

That Eto boy is just over hyped....i no go lie....Okocha wey no be striker go score in a 5 goals marathon....meanwhile, persin dey compare both of them....kai!
I agree 100% ol-boy.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

And Mboma is not even a Cameroonian. Wasn't he born in France or something? :wink:
Achuman
Egg
Egg

Post by Achuman »

Nothing beats experience and quality
well said Dodo.
And Mboma is not even a Cameroonian. Wasn't he born in France or something?
ohsee, that's why he can finish. E dey like say them no di teach how for finish for Cameroon.
Achuman
Egg
Egg

Post by Achuman »

I also believe that Naiga players are not motivated and are not giving their all. Who go get motivation for play under Chukwu? :twisted:
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Nothing beats experience and quality
True but sometimes raw talent and Complete determination can equal or surpass it and in the case of the match against Morroco I think raw talent and determination would have resulted in a draw... the old guns were not reved up to preform they had nothing to play for...
Mboma who plays in the jleague has an incentive to shine..he obviouslz want to mve to a bigger club in Europe..If garba Lawal and west had played for Nigeria im sure they would have out preformed everyone simply because of thier lack of good clubs...they also clearly have an incentive..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Did anyone notice the Cameroon coach abandon his 4:4:2 formation for the traditional 3:5:2 by benching Mettomo? Hope CCC realises he doesn't have the caliber of players he had with Westerhoff in 1994 and abandon playing 4 attackers who cannor track back. He needs to utilise the depth of his squad and forget 1994 system.

In view of this, a balance formation of only 2 strikers, 5 midfielders and three CDs will see the SE through. I think we need 3 CDs because Isaac is off form, and to play him and Yobo alone would be suicidal. CCC needs to play the trio of Yobo, Enakhire and Orjinta/Okoronkwo in central defence, two natural left sided midfielders of Baba, Lawal/Ekwueme; two right midfielders - Seyi and George (allows him to operate like Geremi) and JJ in the middle to support 2 strikers - JAG/ Uttaka & Kanu/ Agali.

P.S. I wonder the reaction here if OBJ had ordered a player included in the SE as tha Cameroon Presido did on behalf of Mboma. Talk of naija people speaking from both sides of the mouth.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS