Ogunjobi calls, begs players to go to Faro!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

geminikoat
Egg
Egg
Ogunjobi calls, begs players to go to Faro!

Post by geminikoat »

Culled from Yahoosports!

Nigerian players urged to attend Portuguese training camp

ABUJA, Dec 29 (Reuters) - Nigeria have implored players to attend a training camp in Portugal for next month's African Nations Cup after some failed to turn up due to the Christmas holidays.

"I have been making contacts with players in Lagos and also phoned others (outside Lagos) begging them to report to our camp in Portugal," NFA secretary-general Taiwo Ogunjobi told Reuters on Monday.

"It's difficult getting them for the camp because of the Christmas holiday."

A depleted squad of 10 from 41 invited players began training before Christmas in the Portuguese resort of Faro but Ogunjobi said the number had now increased to 20.

The African Nations Cup starts in Tunisia on January 24.

Nigerian players in the English premier league had a deadline of January 11 to report to the camp in line with a previous decision taken by the NFA to avert a country-versus-club row over the release of players.

Ogunjobi said Germany-based striker Victor Agali would also be allowed to join the squad by the January 11 deadline following the recent death of a relative.

Agali is set to return to the side for the first time since the 2002 Nations Cup in Mali, where Nigeria came third.

Nigeria, winners in 1980 and 1994, are drawn with debutants Benin Republic and former tournament champions South Africa and Morocco in the first round group of matches.
...but with God all things are possible...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

chei, Nigeria don pari finish :cry: :cry: :cry:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I wonder why Ogunjobi does not say something about when martins will report to camp. My broda something dey go on.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I can't fault the NFA SG; his job is on the line here. The players however need a break and to see their families during this festive period. But this "trickle in camping" is gonna do more harm than good. Whatever happen to team cohesion and understanding? This is not achievable under these prevailing circumstances.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Jiggerman21 wrote:chei, Nigeria don pari finish :cry: :cry: :cry:
Na so we see am o my broda!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ogunjobi and Chukwu Job is on the line. Both of them will leave after the ANC.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I just hope when they do show up they are not fattened up from eating Xmas goat meat and out of shape. This would put a wrench in CCC plans for the camp. I shall continue to hope that we succeed and do well in Tunisia!
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Sir V wrote:I wonder why Ogunjobi does not say something about when martins will report to camp. My broda something dey go on.
I have given up on that broda man! I don't think he'll show so we might as well look somewhere else. JAG is in camp I heard so that's good for me; I hope Martins is getting good advice from the people around him tho.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

c how these guys r holding us to ransom
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Ijapa wrote:c how these guys r holding us to ransom
Same way we gonna hold them hostage like Cote d' Voire did after Mali '02 should they fail to measure up. Ogunjobi and CCC might as well make their new homes in Tunisia. I heard the weather is beautiful over there. :D :D
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

We really have to thank Allardyce for not allowing JJ out of Bolton, who knows the guys might have weigh 600 pounds after all the okporokpo and the ......wey he usually do at Ogwashi Uku every Christmas
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Wow why shouldn't i be surprised by all of this and i see no NFA loyalists have come here to defend them at all cost. At the 11th hour now there is a rush rush to get everyone to camp while other countries are already prepared and ready to get go.

Ogunjobi should be ashamed of himself especially everyone at the sports ministry and glass house. Up until now we don't even know how many players really in camp because there is so much confusion everywhere... Wow Gold help us...
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sirv,

Yes on the Martins issue something is going behind the scenes. It's looks fishy...

Sir V wrote:I wonder why Ogunjobi does not say something about when martins will report to camp. My broda something dey go on.
Soldier of Fortune...