Kanu is Back ???????????? Agali in 2nd team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fishward1
Egg
Egg
Kanu is Back ???????????? Agali in 2nd team

Post by fishward1 »

Will we ever learn? Haba he is in the first team again.!!!!!!!!

News » African Nations Cup
Knee injury sidelines Utaka
Adeolu Johnson, Monastir, Tunisia
SUPER Eagle play maker, John Utaka, is nursing a knee injury following a rough tackle on him by the Moroccans during the match last Tuesday.

The injury which is on his right knee prevented him from having a full work-out with the rest of the team during a training session on Wednesday afternoon.

The doctor told our correspondent that he hoped the FC Lyon striker would regain his fitness before Saturday when the Eagles will face South Africa in Monastir.

He disclosed that the player who scored high marks against the Moroc-cans was responding well to treatment. However, other members of the team trained under the watchful eyes of Coach Christian Chukwu with the Nigeria Football Association Chairman and Secretary-General, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima and Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi respectively, in attendance.

The first team trained at one side of the pitch while the second team, including Pius Ikedia and Victor Agali, trained at the other side of the pitch.

Before the training, the players, the coaching crew and Ogunjobi held a meeting behind closed doors to sort out some differences. Our correspondent gathered that the coach carpeted the players for their dismal performance against Morocco and asked them to sit up or get the boot.

– The Punch, January 29, 2004

Story posted: 1/29/2004 7:33:56 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 20 Stories | All superEagles.com stories

Get a Super Eagles Jersey

Super Eagles Jersey 1998
Genuine Nike Dri-Fit fabric team jersey for the Super Eagles. 100% polyester. Size XL. Made for the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France. (Shipping product may not contain player's number)
Only $49.95*
Buy now! | Find other products

World Cup Matches!
Get match videos!

@SuperEagles.com
Get yours for life!
Subscribe!
Get SuperEagles.com Mail Update FREE.Simply enter your e-mail address:

Don't have email address?
Get yours FREE for life!

Don't have email address?
Get yours FREE for life!

African Nations Cup!
Get match videos!

Super Eagles Profiles
Nigerian football league
Nigerian Football Assoc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELATED LINKS
TourNigeria.com | Media Productions | Tunisia 2004 | 8th All Africa Games | Korea/Japan 2002 | Mali 2002 | Sydney 2000 | France '98 | FIFA | FIFA Rankings | The Official AFC Ajax website | Nigeria National Data Bank

SuperEagles.com is designed, produced and published by Media Productions, Nigeria. Webmaster: Jossey Ogbuanoh. Copyright 1998-2004 Media Productions. Please read Copyright Notice and Privacy Statement. Correspondence about this website to the Webmaster.
MADE IN NIGERIA
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

The teams train differently? Hmmm this is interesting.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

"Carpeted"?????????
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Did I miss it or was there any part in that report that stated Kanu will be in the lineup again?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Its a Goal wrote:Did I miss it or was there any part in that report that stated Kanu will be in the lineup again?
:D :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I can do a better report than this.And who told that mumu Utakka is a play maker that plays in Lyon FC?
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

He does not know what a playmaker means or where Lyon FC is! Just one of those wannabe palmtree journalists.
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

Its a Goal wrote:Did I miss it or was there any part in that report that stated Kanu will be in the lineup again?
He is not in the second team therefore he is in the first team
easy mathematics!!!!!!11111 :lol: :lol:
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

I wouldn't loose any sleep should Kanu start again.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Baii, why?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

B/c It is SA that we are playing. They sure know how to remove additional passenger from the cab, if you know what I mean.
On a serious note the game against SA should be different from that of Morocco in that Kanu might be the key.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Kanu must start in the midfield again! He is an embarrasingly gifted player!