What The S Africans Are Saying!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

omonaija wrote:theYemster,
I actually believed what Dolly is saying and I think what you are saying is right likewise. It used to be our birth-right knowing who we are gonna beat but at this ANC...I really don't believe in just saying this is what is going to happen, prediction has been shattered at this ANC! Just imaging Cameroon played 5-3 game against Zimbabwe?? Infact there are no more super powers in Africa....I will probably want to see what is going to happen tomorrow against Kenya vs Senegal!
That isn't what I was saying; Dolly forgets we have a liability on the bench; someone that can make any opponent look better than they actually are;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

We just have to beat South africa, i really don't care how we do it.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Frenchie
Egg
Egg

Post by Frenchie »

anybody with a workable gameplan can beat the SE
Ain't that the basic rule of the game. It works for any team, not Naija especially.
FRENCHIE FOR PRESIDEnT IN 2007
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Bell wrote:INTERESTING

Here's what the SA assitant said:

"After watching Nigeria, I think we can beat them..." - he did not respect his opponent.

"I said to them 'here you are - the cream of the crop - and you're making elementary mistakes PSL players make'.”
- he was publicly dissing the players.

I read I read this report and I was expecting a few posts criticizing the coach but saw none. C3 did very much the same thing and there were pages of cyberspace covered all with criticism for not respecting the opponent and blaming his players.

Bell
Difference = they won, we lost.
He was speaking from a position of strength and encouraging his boys to play better
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
khalela

Post by khalela »

Why them no go yarn.God help us so that they will not demystify us.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Who can blame them? Benin sef go get the same mentality :mrgreen:
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

I think the eagles will pull this one out, but it will be difficult. SA has a great tactical and emotional edge. They know that if they can hang on for 30-40 minutes, desperation will begin to creep into the Nigerian game.

But they better not sit back and allow Nigeria to pour forward, because they will be overwhelmed.

Ironically this is the game that makes sense of Chukwu's previous line-up.

Despite all the Yak-bashing on this forum, I don't think Utaka is superior as an all out striker. But if Yak's departure allows Ikedia to play on the right wing, the eagles will be more potent. I presume Udeze will play left-back which might add more aggression going forward, but puts a world of pressure on the central defenders and Olofinjana.

In all Nigeria should make this thing a shootout ala Cam-Zimbabwe, because in those type games the superior athletes tend to prevail.