Ayoakinfe: Is Mbami still the weakest link in the IL???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

abakwa
Egg
Egg
Ayoakinfe: Is Mbami still the weakest link in the IL???

Post by abakwa »

So are you going to bow down with your hats off to Mbami Mbami Modeste? Or does he need to play like Maradona to get props?
I'm sure I don't have to tell you who the weakest link is anymore.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

He played super today.... nice hustle... + 2 good goals... totally overshadowed his partner, Djemba, who also quietly did some good dirty work in the midfield... but no need to overhype or underhype good players. Bamendaboy, take note :mrgreen:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I must agree witn u, green-4life, that Jemba did his own good share of the dirty work. He did a very good job defensively. But attention was payed to those who made mistakes and those who scored or tried to score goals.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

now u r all coming out mouthing off after winning 5 - 3. Right
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

shaq, is 5-3 not a win. I know it is very uncameroonian game to score five goals, or to concede 3. But we won. Now after S.A knocks u out, u are welcomed to join us.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

No thanks. I'll stick with the SE. It's only a temporary situation we are in. CCC will soon be out, and hopefully things may get better.
But enjoy all the same. You guys did well today
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I might have been the one who called him the weakest link.

Having just watched Cameroon vs Zimbabwe, I am willing to eat my humble pie. 8)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Stop blaming the coach when the players don't do their job 2. I am not saying that the coach has nothing to do with it, but if the players don't do their job, don't blame the coach. So you are gonna blame the coach for Kanu and Oga coming late to camp huh?
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

bamendaboy wrote:Stop blaming the coach when the players don't do their job 2. I am not saying that the coach has nothing to do with it, but if the players don't do their job, don't blame the coach. So you are gonna blame the coach for Kanu and Oga coming late to camp huh?
Yes, i'll blame the coach. If he's worth his salt, he would stand his ground and give them a deadline or they'd be dropped.
He has the option of resigning if he feels he doesn't have the free hand he wants. But that is entirely a different story.
Perhaps, the players have a part of the blame too.
May be the fans too, but whatever man. Our time will come again.
You guys can enjoy now.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Abakwa, if I can remember, it was Yujam who called him the weakest link. At least Yujam has been humble enough to eat the humble pie well. Next is to accept that Diouf cannot even lick Raul's boots. :lol: :lol:
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Have guys seen how matured Mbami has become since the Olympics. That boy has a great future i can assure u that.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

YUJAM wrote:I might have been the one who called him the weakest link.

Having just watched Cameroon vs Zimbabwe, I am willing to eat my humble pie. 8)
Whenever I hype a player on this forum, Yujam and Ayoakinfe will seize the first opportunity to bash that player as a result of this trend Ayoakinfe and Yujam are sporting fully distended and distorted stomachs due to the excess humble pie they have been forced to swallow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note when I hyped Mbami on this forum and claimed that he might be the best player to come out of Cameroon since Milla, even my Cameroonian comrades were hesistant to endorse my hyping but this is just the beginning, mark my words Mbami will be the revelation of this tournament. He is a rugged defensive midfielder with the finesse of a playmaker, such a combination is very hard to come by at this time because the evolution of the two way midfielder is at it's infancy and Mbami embodies the concept.

Those who scoffed at my hyping please siddon look, the boy just begin.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

I am curious to hear what Ayo has to say about Mbami. He said Yeye Olofinjana is better than Mbami and Djemba put together.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Ayo please take back these words on Mbami, I have told you already he will be the revelation of this ANC and is perhaps the best player to come out of Cameroon since Milla.

"In midfield too, the penetration is not there. Neither Mbami nor Djemba-Djemba have the attacking capability to pose any threat,"

(9) Dropping either Mbami or Djemba-Djemba for a better passer of the ball like Olembe

I am sure you would agree that Mbami passed and penetrated his socks of yesterday. :lol: :lol:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Mbami had a great game,but no champagne should be poured over a non-descript Zimbabwean side that has no defence and midfield.Only Peter Ndlovu and the tall ,rangy left winger were worthy of note.Also,with Cameroun deploying a 3-5-2 formation(Djemba,Atouba,Geremi,Makoun,Mbami in midfield),Mbami had the full support against lightweight opposition.Another virtuoso performance against Egypt,then I will join in drinking the champagne.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"