Bad news: babayaro injured

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omonoba
Egg
Egg
Bad news: babayaro injured

Post by omonoba »

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bad news: babayaro injured

Post by theYemster »

O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Lawal is not a bad replacement.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Infact! our 'balls'-(in yourba 'epon') is bursted! :mrgreen:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Oh my where things fall apart every seconds. First they told us he wasn't injured and now he is injured.... Udeze suspended and Lawal is the obvious choice to play left back hahahahahaha... God help us...
Soldier of Fortune...
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Hopefully the replacement will sparkle with his talent! 8)
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

If Chukwu ask Garba Lawal to play left back,he might as well ask Okocha to be the goalkeeper and Enyeama to replace Aghawonder upfront.
Last edited by Ekorian on Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
papa kojo
Egg
Egg

Post by papa kojo »

I HOPE BABA WILL BE BACK FOR THE MATCH. HOWEVER,THIS MAY BE LAWAL'S OPPORTUNITY TO SHAME HIS CRITICS . THE GUY WILL SURELY PERFORM IF CALLED TO DUTY.
Who said Onigbide's eagles was "JUNK"
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Baba will still play
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I sincerely hope Baba will still play.

But then this is the more reason Udeze with 2-match ban shouldn't have been on that team ahead of someone like Melkam.

If youare putting toomuch hope on Lawal, you might been in for a greate shocker that SE/Koln 'MOM' Okoronkwo gave us. Faro camp reports are nothing to be depended on. As far as I'm concerned the last time I watched Lawal in Mali, he gave away the goal that gave Senegal the victory over us.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Ekorian wrote:If Chukwu ask Garba Lawal to play left back,he might as well ask Okocha to be the goalkeeper and Enyeama to replace Aghawonder upfront.
EKORIAN:
Lawal has played left-back for Nigeria at full international level before...and Ekwueme is also a pretty useful left-back.

If Babayaro is unavailable to play, I can envision BOTH Lawal and Ekwueme playing together on the left-side.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Gotti wrote:
Ekorian wrote:If Chukwu ask Garba Lawal to play left back,he might as well ask Okocha to be the goalkeeper and Enyeama to replace Aghawonder upfront.
EKORIAN:
Lawal has played left-back for Nigeria at full international level before...and Ekwueme is also a pretty useful left-back.

If Babayaro is unavailable to play, I can envision BOTH Lawal and Ekwueme playing together on the left-side.
Gotti, I believe Lawal played left back against Brazil in Abuja...
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Anointed,

For that 2nd goal from Senegal in CAN 2002, yes, Garba Lawal lost the ball to Senegal in the midfield but there were still Taribo and Okoronkwo in the defence who were beaten by a 1-2 move before Diao scored against Shorunmu.

I too will like to see the combination of Lawal and Ekwueme on the left. If it is true, then Babayaro's injury must be a kajor blow because as far as I am concerned, he was our MoM against Morocco.
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

that has to be the quote of the year! 8)
khalela

Post by khalela »

So can someone please explain why CCC took Udeze whom we know has a 2 match ban and then dropped Melkam?
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

For the love of God, why would we invite someone who is carrying a 2match ban to such an important tourney?Didn't anyone find out?Or have we taken it for granted we'll come out of this group?

Why should it be at the detriment of a very useful player like melkam, who incidentally plays in a better league with a better club?It is only in Nigeria that such things happen, believe me.So Udeze is indispensable, abi?

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

The cookie starts to crumble
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

mister dolly wrote: Gotti, I believe Lawal played left back against Brazil in Abuja...
MD:
Lawal has also played left-back under both Bora and Bonfrere.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Lawal has played left back for the Eagles before and should be able to do so competently on saturday. The key is of course giving him adequate protection by the midfielder playing wide left as lawal isn't the fastest guy. Putting Aiyegbini in that position again will be a disaster as zuma will have a field day
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Incidentally,Lawal stepped in to play left back at the 2000 Olympics when Babayaro was red carded,and he acquitted himself creditably.He was already set to start in the left midfield against SA.Now I envision Ekwueme playing the left midfield(though I'll like to correct the assertion above that Lawal played left back against Brazil-Udeze played the full game in that position,with Lawal playing in midfield ahead of him).
...And Ekorian,it might interest you to know that Enyeama plays as a striker for the University of Uyo team,and is quite efficient in front of goal.Like most young Nigerians,he started out playing as an outfield player and later took up goalkeeping after he displayed the talents and at the encouragement of his Dad,who is still the Chief Coach for the University of Uyo team.He's also a good penalty taker(he's scored several for Enyimba in the Nigerian League).
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

obong itatex wrote:Incidentally,Lawal stepped in to play left back at the 2000 Olympics when Babayaro was red carded,and he acquitted himself creditably...
He also played at left-back under Bora (particularly in the game against Yugoslavia in Belgrade) in the run-up to France '98 when Babayaro's injury status was still uncertain and the only cover available was Ganiyu Ajide (who was subsequntly replaced in the final squad by Iroha), and did very well indeed.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

thats good news sef, at least we can have a left back who is more determined like udeze.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

For all I know, if a one legged player is not good for anything he should be able to defend with his left leg, as nobody will disturb his right feet! :mrgreen:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!