Baba, Yak & Agali were out all night

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

Dis one na shocker...na so so yansh bobos dey chase instead to dey focus on match. I don shame as these boys suppose know wetin dem suppose do when we dey major competition. So called professional....I no surprise with Babayaro as I dey here about 'im exploits for Jand. NFA suppose fine these boys HEAVILY, becos to dey short 3 for dis kind competition dey tough. Anyway, I go jus siddon watch ball and hope sey better go come out of this adversity!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

how can they Fine baba when they owe him money? hence the only solution was to kick them out
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

oloye wrote:omotori

let me tell you this a genuine fan will and should be hurt not only by the result of matches, belive me. As a player my joy was the joy i was able to bring to the fans, when we lose we cannot even walk the streets. I see a lot of people pour out their grief on these forum, a friend called from Yankee almost weeping because of this loss, and y'know what the principal actors dont even give a hoot.
Losing this competition is not what the fans should be afraid of right now, it is the future, because if we dont lay that foundation, this problem that always arises in the camp in the middle of important competitions will keep on raising it's ugly head and the fans will keep on being the loser.
Check the history of the following competions
US94 total disater in the camp the eve of Italy match, the distraction was such Westerhoff wanted to move camp, total revolt, players refuse to move, girls all over, how ironic we lost painfully, i still live with that nightmare of 2 mins to go.
France 98 , same story, all the camps in the SE decided to settle it with each other, the Kaduna and Abacha boys vs the Aba boys, Denmark capitalised on that destroying us within 15 minutes, Denmark when we have already beaten Spain for God's sake.
Mali02 : Player power vs Goverment power ably led by Ekeji , we lost to a team that should not beat us.
NO my appeal to the fans for us to have a better SE we must be willing to sacrifice, we will never have our cake and eat it as well. Let us sacrifice this one, we lost it before we came here, we were defeated before coming to Tunis, let us take it from here.
Oloye I could not have said it better.

All this talk of indiscipline in the past why start now? WHY NOT START SOMEWHERE! GEEZ.

Comparison is the cancer of teh soul.. get with the program. OIf you want to call them scapegoats thats fine.. sometimes it's not what you do but WHEN you do it. Sometimes common sense is just NOT common.

MYMIND as always
papa kojo
Egg
Egg

Post by papa kojo »

the yemster said:
Well, if they broke camp rules and showed no remorse, then they should be sent home;

It's not like we were even gonna go far with them anyways.

i totally agree with him .There is no alternative to discipline.
Who said Onigbide's eagles was "JUNK"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:omotori

let me tell you this a genuine fan will and should be hurt not only by the result of matches, belive me. As a player my joy was the joy i was able to bring to the fans, when we lose we cannot even walk the streets. I see a lot of people pour out their grief on these forum, a friend called from Yankee almost weeping because of this loss, and y'know what the principal actors dont even give a hoot.
Losing this competition is not what the fans should be afraid of right now, it is the future, because if we dont lay that foundation, this problem that always arises in the camp in the middle of important competitions will keep on raising it's ugly head and the fans will keep on being the loser.
Check the history of the following competions
US94 total disater in the camp the eve of Italy match, the distraction was such Westerhoff wanted to move camp, total revolt, players refuse to move, girls all over, how ironic we lost painfully, i still live with that nightmare of 2 mins to go.
France 98 , same story, all the camps in the SE decided to settle it with each other, the Kaduna and Abacha boys vs the Aba boys, Denmark capitalised on that destroying us within 15 minutes, Denmark when we have already beaten Spain for God's sake.
Mali02 : Player power vs Goverment power ably led by Ekeji , we lost to a team that should not beat us.
NO my appeal to the fans for us to have a better SE we must be willing to sacrifice, we will never have our cake and eat it as well. Let us sacrifice this one, we lost it before we came here, we were defeated before coming to Tunis, let us take it from here.
Oloye:

God bless you dia one taim! I heard the rumors about WC '94, and about how Westerhoff wanted to move the guys to a different hotel as the players were busy partying and "prostituting", but players with clout like Amo, with the backing of Bonfrere didnt let Westerhoff succeed.

As a former player and insider, is there any truth in the rumors that our pre-98 WC losses under Bora were an intentional act of sabotage from some quarters who didnt approve of Bora?

Anyway, it's never too late to start disciplinary measures. The question is: can we, and will we keep it up? would CCC have sent them home if we had won the first game and everyone was happier? Should we not also send Kanu and Okocha back to continue helping their respective clubs, since they have suddenly become too big for Nigeria and skipped Faro?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

Alright, make dem send them back to their clubs.....if that's the only option, then so be it. Dis na the chance to blood the upcoming guys...maybe their determination will bring us better results. Perharps, dis na blessing in disguise as CCC will NOT have the option of fielding 4 centre-forwards in any match again!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Without prejudice to the fundamental right to be heard as to their defence,for once,a standard is being upheld.Considering the referenced players are supposed to be "senior" players who should show leadership,considering Agali and Babayaro were literally begged to return to the team,considering ALL three reported very late to camp,then the right thing has been done.We have hosted and played in ANCs in the past,and some latter day soccer "stars" dare not put the country below their nocturnal dalliance!
Meanwhile,let me go and check the rule books as regards the possibility of replacing at least one of them(Babayaro,because of his reported starined hamstring)on medical grounds.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ayo Odumade
Egg
Egg

Post by Ayo Odumade »

If what they did is true then they deserve to be sent home! No excuses. A fine or dropping them will not suffice. It is a matter of principle even if we do not qualify! These players need to realise who is in charge and that they are ambassadors of Nigeria at all times!
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Nigeria does not need this. You certainly have to question the commitment of players who go out partying during a competition, especially after a defeat. It seems harsh and damaging to the team's long term prospects, but they probably deserve to be going home.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

Well done CCC.
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

We do not know how the players reacted to being rebuked for their irresponsibility....perhaps they reacted negatively, hence were kicked out. I am amazed that some of the very same ppl who have made a living on this board complaining about player indiscipline and lack of proper authority from our coaches are the ones blasting CCC for this decision. Let's be consistent for Chrissakes.

Lastly, how many of you would be riding the coach as hard over this decision if he was a white coach? :?:

I support whatever our coach decided.....after all, we all like to say no player is too big for Nigeria, therefore let the coach do his job.
Dombraye
Egg
Egg

Post by Dombraye »

All the people here suggesting that those players should'nt have been sent home ought to be ashamed of yourselves. The palyers involved have decided to put themselves before the team.

There is no way this kind of indicipline should be allowed. The NFA did the right thing, and they should be applauded for having the guts to stand-up to a few selfish, arrogant, and unpatriotic brats
Eagles Will Rise Again
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

the players did not return back until friday morning-now you have a match on saturday,how stupid can these players be?? now they will probably be disciplined by their clubs as well because it puts them in a bad light-i hope they play with the reserves till the end of the season-i blame CCC for all this anyway-how can he allow 3 players to walk into the camp on the eve of the tournament and grab a jersey from other players that had been in camp for a month-if they were made to fight for thier jersey,they probably will not have screwed up-let this be a lesson to other players who think they are above the law-they have to apologise to all nigerians-but they are probably too arrogant
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

They behave childishly. We would not tolerate indiscipline and childish behaviuor. How many times are we going to go through this bigmanism. Enough is enough. As far as I am concerned they should be gone for good. Younger players should not be learning this nonsense behaviour from them. Any forumer that disapproves is not putting the interest of the nation at heart.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
alaye wrote: MI5, it's true that the NFA was never built on discipline but it ois never too late to start.
How convenient to start just after Okocha and Kanu (captain and assistant), committed their own monumental sins and got away scots free; not even so much as a slap on the wrist or fine;
Bottom line is it has to start somewhere. The past is the past. We should be looking to move forward toward the right direction without dwelling (Like yourself, MI5, just to mention a few) on the past.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ChiefOgbunigwe
As far as naija football is concerned, there will always be selfish inetest an egos to be mssaged. I remeber soemtimes in the 90's when i was still actively engaged, i was sitting down in a friend's office who was close to the corridors of power (nfa) back then, a reporter sauntered in saluted my friend, and he started going on about an information they have with which they could blackmail Sanni Torro, with well the way they were going about it, it occured to me they have been doing it for a long time. To say i was sad is to say the least, and that is why when i see all these confusion i am no longer troubled since i know where they are coming from.
Isaid sometimes ago, the only people who will benefit are the agents for the next FC, when i heared the rumours yesterday about the possibility of a new coach i just laughed, that is typical. With regards to Frnace98, while i cannot say if that was the case, i can safely volunteer that the truth will not be far from it.
Has anybody asked why they drove the most succesful coach away from naija, simple, they realise Westerhoff was sitting on a gold mine . transfer of players, but that is another issue.
Coming back to the boys sent home, i dont slate players, but i will not condone indiscipline especially acts that i know they will not dare commit with their clubs. I appreciate the efforts of these players, everytime Baba plays for Chelsea my head swells like one drinking guiness, the only reason i watch the team called Portsmorth is because of Yakubu, as for Agali i dont really know him that much, but i was one of those who felt his exclusion from the WC was not fair. For these 3 players to have been involved in the latest saga , shows that sometimes our sympathy lies in the wrong place.
They have erred seriously, they deserve their punishment, what if they apologise mmm that is a tricky one, i dont bloody care about their apology, let them go for now , there is another time if they still want to play for Nigeria. The key should those who want to play, not those who feel they are helping the nation by turning up, untill that mentality changes we aint seen nothing yet.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Yes this is the first time we have had a tournament which is not invitational with CCC in charge. I played street soccer with CCC when he was just a primary school kid/a secondary school kid and he doesn't tolerate indiscipline, not to talk of when something is at stake. He was quiet and cool but he was strict among other kids if they misbehave; always telling them there is time for business and there is time for pleasure.

Let's face the truth, our players behave childishly. We would not tolerate indiscipline and childish behaviuor. How many times are we going to go through this bigmanism. Enough is enough. As far as I am concerned they should be gone for good. Younger players should not be learning this nonsense behaviour from them.
Any forumer that disapproves is not putting the interest of the nation at heart. You may be a friend of one player but there comes a time when you should look him face-to-face in the eye and tell him off. JJ should do so himself, otherwise the younger ones will copy the same actions and they will never learn better.