This is the time for Okocha to step up as a leader

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
This is the time for Okocha to step up as a leader

Post by ugly boy »

and kill any type of doubts in camp...he and kanu need to gather the boys together and motivate them...tell them this is their time to play and put all the bullsh!t aside...Naija is bigger than Babayaro, Agali and Aiyegbeni....I fancy the players didn't mutiny cause of the people being decamped...I don't think the players fance Baba and Agali much...they may have resisted if it were Aiyegbeni and two others....I am almost sure a mutiny will be doused easily.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

well if they win against SA then they will prove that we dont need the big boys , but if they lose, then Oliseh will be laughing at his base in Hamburg saying" they cant do without us, look how they suffereed at the world cup and now the ANC"
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

in the middle of all this, lets not lose sight of the fact that what the eagus really need is two DM's behind JJ & Kanu on the bench.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

He is not a leader am sorry. Big mistake making him the captain. We need someone on the pitch who is ready to shout on those not playing well. Someone like Roy keane type. Okocha at most can only inspire his team with good play.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

I no dey too sure about the motivating qualities of Jay-jay...I have never seen him as a natural leader like Amokachi (although 'im never carry captain arm band) or Keshi....we all know that Kanu was the figure-head captain of the 1996 Olympic side while the real force on the field was Amokachi.....just my opinion though, so beg no curse me!!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

omotori wrote:in the middle of all this, lets not lose sight of the fact that what the eagus really need is two DM's behind JJ & Kanu on the bench.
true talk....

well what kind line up we go use ?

Olofinjana for one and who else ?

Since garba lawal might be playing LB ?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Talk IT wrote:He is not a leader am sorry. Big mistake making him the captain. We need someone on the pitch who is ready to shout on those not playing well. Someone like Roy keane type. Okocha at most can only inspire his team with good play.
I agree but theres no other person that can be captain for naija..the other players respect okocha to much to be shouting at him or anyone else he's the only one with the clout and he was captain by necessity...if u say he's not the best captain then I agree with u...we need a vocal no nonsense guy like oliseh that tells everyone where to stand during freekicks e.t.c.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

eru.bugzy wrote:I no dey too sure about the motivating qualities of Jay-jay...I have never seen him as a natural leader like Amokachi (although 'im never carry captain arm band) or Keshi....we all know that Kanu was the figure-head captain of the 1996 Olympic side while the real force on the field was Amokachi.....just my opinion though, so beg no curse me!!
I agree o!! we are missing those type of players....when senior players na them they break rules pass....baba and co....we can't make olofijana or yobo the captain yet.....
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

ugly boy wrote:
Talk IT wrote:He is not a leader am sorry. Big mistake making him the captain. We need someone on the pitch who is ready to shout on those not playing well. Someone like Roy keane type. Okocha at most can only inspire his team with good play.
I agree but theres no other person that can be captain for naija..the other players respect okocha to much to be shouting at him or anyone else he's the only one with the clout and he was captain by necessity...if u say he's not the best captain then I agree with u...we need a vocal no nonsense guy like oliseh that tells everyone where to stand during freekicks e.t.c.

If professional footballers need to be told what to do like where to stand during freekicks, then they need to be sacked.