Only significant change will be Ikedia for Aiyegbeni

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Only significant change will be Ikedia for Aiyegbeni

Post by waka-man »

I'm 99% sure our line-up agaisnt SA will beanother CCC special:
----------------Enyeama---------------
Abbey----Yobo-------Okoronkwo------Lawal
-----------------Olofinjana------------------------
--Ikedia------------------Okocha----------------
----------------Utaka---------Kanu
------------------------Agaghowa-----------------

What it is, I don't know. CCC has actually invented a new one: 4-1-2-2-1. Against Morocco it was 4-1-1-2-1-1. Even if you don't get math, you can see why our team was stretched - CCC stretched it himself. Key observations:

Negatives:
- At least Ikedia gives the middle area some mass. Kanu, Utaka, Aiyegbeni and Agaghowas kept running into themselves against Morocco. At least Ikedia will stay out of their way
- Lawal and Okoronkwo will get so badly raped on the left side somebody will have to call the national society for the prevention of cruelty to defenders
- The space between Yobo and Okoronkwo will continue to be big enough to drive five lorries, side by side right through.
- Seyi will once again curse the CE's who spread the false rumour the he is a "DM".

Positives
- Okocha should actually find some space down the left side
- Utaka will not have to pretend to be a winger
- Kanu might actually get a shot on goal. Aiyegbeni was in his way the other day
- We might get more than one cross in.

My prediction: The only team that has more problems than us will succumb to a single moment of genius from one of our superstars.

Nigeria 1 : SA 0 But it ain't gonna be pretty
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: Only significant change will be Ikedia for Aiyegbeni

Post by Shownoja »

waka-man wrote:I'm 99% sure our line-up agaisnt SA will beanother CCC special:

What it is, I don't know. CCC has actually invented a new one: 4-1-2-2-1. Against Morocco it was 4-1-1-2-1-1. Even if you don't get math, you can see why our team was stretched - CCC stretched it himself. Key observations:

Negatives:
- At least Ikedia gives the middle area some mass. Kanu, Utaka, Aiyegbeni and Agaghowas kept running into themselves against Morocco. At least Ikedia will stay out of their way
- Lawal and Okoronkwo will get so badly raped on the left side somebody will have to call the national society for the prevention of cruelty to defenders
- The space between Yobo and Okoronkwo will continue to be big enough to drive five lorries, side by side right through.
- Seyi will once again curse the CE's who spread the false rumour the he is a "DM".

Positives
- Kanu might actually get a shot on goal. Aiyegbeni was in his way the other day

My prediction: The only team that has more problems than us will succumb to a single moment of genius from one of our superstars.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Shownoja on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To stop trying is to start dying
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

South Africa will beat any team with Kanu starting.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Osaze Odenweinge should start this match ahead of ONE TOUCH WONDER KANU! Again, use Kanu 20-25 minutes just LIKE WENGER DOES.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

GUEST wrote:Osaze Odenweinge should start this match ahead of ONE TOUCH WONDER KANU! Again, use Kanu 20-25 minutes just LIKE WENGER DOES.
Not a bad shout at all.
To stop trying is to start dying
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Positives

Another C3 special :lol: , i like that ...but anyway i have a problem with your positives, they almost look like negatives to me....okocha find some space down the left? the same space he found in the morroco game which caused him to start lobbing long balls from that left wing?? the same left that pushed him so far back that he was constantly in front of baba?

Kanu did get a shot on goal...lol..it was like the 2? minute..it was low and off target...

We might get more than one cross?...Abbey crossed so much he looked like a winger, utaka had a few and Ikedia had a few...even Ayebegni had a few and one was on target but JAg headed wide...we had a lot of crossing in that game...i was even suprised...i think this clearly showed C3 trying to use his wing play game plan...crossing was definately there, it just didnt work..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Blakes, I hear you. Aprt from the one nodded wide by Agaghowa though, the rest of our crosses were passes to the gaolie.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

Negatives:

Positives

I am 99% SURE Ikedia isn't going to start. Ekwueme will start with Lawal in defense.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Negatives:

Positives

You are so ignorant, it makes me wanna cry!!!

Cheers.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:[

Cheers.[/quote]

although i don't hold brief for waka man, I have to ask u what was ignorant about that post.
papa kojo
Egg
Egg

Post by papa kojo »

Osaze Odenweinge should start this match ahead of ONE TOUCH WONDER KANU! Again, use Kanu 20-25 minutes just LIKE WENGER DOES.
good talk. kanu should come in after the match must have been won.
Last edited by papa kojo on Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who said Onigbide's eagles was "JUNK"
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

old_obsession wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:[

Cheers.

although i don't hold brief for waka man, I have to ask u what was ignorant about that post.[/quote]

I will tell you. Whenever players under-perform, automatically you blame the coach, especially if he's a coach you don't like.

A more relevant question would be, what was wrong with CCC's strategy against Morocco? For me, all I perceived was five extremely good ball holders infront of five very capable defenders. Doesn't sound to me like there's anything wrong with that strategy.

The only problem I see here is that well groomed professionals decided to leave their game at home and you think it's apprporiate to blame the coach. Well, that's ignorance!!!

Cheers.