Can anyone confirm this Stats? Is this true at all?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Can anyone confirm this Stats? Is this true at all?

Post by furiously frank »

How many Nigeria players do we have in Turkey?

I know of Raphael Chukwu aka Chukwu Ndukwe, Uche Okechukwu.......

'Let's Worship God, Praise Nigerians, We Have A Nation'

By Adeleke Adeseri and Emma Eke

The Guardian (Lagos)

"Enyimba did all of us proud," said the President. "I know some of you may say, 'Oh what is this man talking about. Football ke? Of course, football ke! In Nigeria, you cannot say football ke. I have told a story and it is a story, which nobody should take offence. If two Nigerians are quarrelling and exchanging blows and somebody suddenly says there is a game of football, they will drop their quarrel, watch the football and when they finish watching, they will resume their quarrel.

There is this story; you know this Super Eagles supporters club, wherever they go with their superb drum and they sing all sorts of songs. There was this occasion that they were singing: 'We have a God who never fails, we have God who never fails...' everybody was singing and by that time, Super Eagles was down one nil, and then everybody was a bit agitated and all the same dancing, again they came to 'amen Jesus never fails' and everybody was singing and there was Alhaji Aliyu singing 'amen Jesus never fails.' Somebody then tapped him on the shoulder and said Alhaji Aliyu, 'Jesus is a...'

"He said 'forget it, let me finish this song' and by the time they finished 'Jesus never fails', the Super Eagles scored one goal and he continued and the story had it that Super Eagles later won that match (laughter).

"Now football has become a national game and a game I see as a unifying event anywhere it is played. It has also put us on the map of the world in the race. I went to Turkey, you know Turkey is the border between Europe and Asia and the President of Turkey said five Nigerian players are in their league. And he said they want more. I said 'don't worry', provided you pay them well you can have more."

The President then insisted: "If we can achieve these success in international events, if Enyimba can achieve what it has achieved; if we can launch satellite into space and a satellite that we can call our own. If we can plan to really have communications satellite in the next few years, I hope we will be able to have our own communications.

"If we can increase agricultural production by seven percent this year and if our total GDP can be increased by over five percent as experts have said, if we can have the relative peace that we seem to be enjoying now, then I believe the future will be really bright
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

These are the players that play in Turkey as far as I know.

1. Mutiu Adepoju - Samsunspor
2. Ike Shorunmu - Samsunspor
3. Uche Okechuckwu -Istanbulspor
4. Ndukwe Chukwu - Rizespor
5. Mohammed Lawal - Elagzigspor (or Genclerbirligi) He was loan at one team last team but I don't know if he went back to his mother club this season.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

So the president of Turkey was right afterall..
Btw, does it then mean no Nigerian in the lower division?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

I thought Patrick Pascal was still playing in Turkey...
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Okuns:

I thought Paschal was now coaching in NIgeria. I might be wrong.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Enugu II,

I like your signature.

this signature will Chikelue Iloenyosi's day.

I will tell when I speak to him next.

He is still having prolems to get his clearance from his Libyan in order to continue his career.

The last time I spoke to him a week ago, he said that he has found a club in Hamburg and will resume training with them on Jan 9th after the winter break.

Will keep you posted.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Larry:

Extend my greetings to him and let him know that I wish him well. That quote came from one of my favorite interviews in recent times. Interview was done by Enechi and I often go back to read it and I find quite quotable.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Enugu II wrote:Okuns:

I thought Paschal was now coaching in NIgeria. I might be wrong.
Thanks... This where "The Gidi File" could have come in handy to sort out this uncertainty.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Enugu II,

Chico or Chikelue Iloenyosi is a character and what you see is what you get with the man.

Good friend indeed.

You have met him and you know what I mean.

Chikelue Iloenyosi is always asking about you.

Will send him your regards.