Yes!!!!! Expulsion suspspended!!!!!! - Exclusive

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Shownoja wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:On matters like this, Ayo will never post anything that is untrue.
That been what it is, I'll still rather wait for confirmation from a reliable source.
We wait
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Ayos release had only 4 points. If it was 10 points I would be very suspicious too :D
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How much did they drop?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

Waffiman wrote:A player was forced to apologise after he said unspeakable things to one of the coaches. It was the most remarkable expression of disrespect I have heard from a player towards a coach. Coach talk, them give five back, the whole place shake like earthquake. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Naija na wa oh, the way we use our emotions when clear heads and understanding is needed is just a shame. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

what do you mean 'them give five back' can u translate please waffiman?
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Smart strategy....and now CC and NFA have their scape-goats...wow i guess it always falls together for everyone...

...circa 1999...
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:The good thing be say Sports Minister dey see all of this, he now knows the players have no respect or regard for CCC.

The players, I mean all of them mutinied and demanded a revesal, they have worked an unworkable compromise for now IMHO.

The only good thing about this so far is that this has brought our players together, hopefully they will take this to the pitch tomorrow.
....another spin that even Ade Ojeikere would be proud of.

Only a foolish manager would remain impervious to the pleas and obvious desires of his ENTIRE squad.

English national team players "mutinied" and threatened to boycott the key Euro 2004 qualifier against Turkey when dope-test dodging Rio Ferdinand was suspended for the game until they wrought significant concession from the English FA on process and selection -- and not even the most deluded commentator saw it as a slight on Sven Ericksson (or the FA).

In fact, this development firmly places the proverbial ball in the players' court to justify their pleas with their performance on the pitch -- in much the same manner as the English reacted in Instanbul.

Sometimes, REAL LIFE outside the Internet actually offers a 'Win-Win' solution!
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Gotti wrote: In fact, this development firmly places the proverbial ball in the players' court to justify their pleas with their performance on the pitch -- in much the same manner as the English reacted in Instanbul.
perfect asessment.

the word "mutiny" is unnecessary. who would lead a mutiny. certainly not JJ. he is not that rash. why not be positive and see this as a sincere negotiation with the players making a commitment on behalf of the all including the offenders. thats most probably what it was. and its good news.

credit should also be given to Chukwu for listening & showing compassion.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Personnally i would have wanted them to be thrown out. There is no guarantee that we would go thru anyway.

Having said that however - if the players showed remorse and their team mates appealed on their behalf. The alleged compromise will suffice. As the saying goes - You can cut off your nose to spite your face. at least a stand was made and I dont think if the NFA continue in this mode anyone would ever break camp rules for years to come - (which will be a result so to speak)
YNWA
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

i doubt okocha led any mutiny in that camp waffiman
azuka

Post by azuka »

Gotti, much respect. But my opinion is that there is more to it than meet the eye. We have not been told the full story. Maybe we will hear that at the end of the competition.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

azuka wrote:Gotti, much respect. But my opinion is that there is more to it than meet the eye. We have not been told the full story. Maybe we will hear that at the end of the competition.
AZUKA:
As I noted on another related thread, it is quite inadvisable to draw conclusion without being privy to the full circumstances of these events. However, on the evidence thus far available, the conclusion of some herein is quite befuddling. COMPROMISE is not necessarily a dirty term.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

It's all CCC's fault! He is not a young man. No one messed with Onigbinde and they moaned and moaned... but only after the tournament!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

well I guess they'll have more time to party without having to go back to work in europe..
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

As far as I have been able to get from the camp, there has been no reprieve from the players. The Minister was the one the players' delegation went to meet, but he said he would stand by the decision.

As at 10:00pm Naija time (9:00pm), the situation remained the same. Portsmouth have even sent a chartered flight to pick Aiyegbeni and it is expected that he will feature for them at some point in tomorrow's game.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

KickOff Chief wrote:As far as I have been able to get from the camp, there has been no reprieve from the players. The Minister was the one the players' delegation went to meet, but he said he would stand by the decision.

As at 10:00pm Naija time (9:00pm), the situation remained the same. Portsmouth have even sent a chartered flight to pick Aiyegbeni and it is expected that he will feature for them at some point in tomorrow's game.
Thank you KOC. Ayo Akinfe again put to shame.
To stop trying is to start dying
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

what does this say about ayoakinfe's credibility?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

KickOff Chief wrote:As far as I have been able to get from the camp, there has been no reprieve from the players. The Minister was the one the players' delegation went to meet, but he said he would stand by the decision.

Ayo for the sake of everyone's sanity, please confirm your story
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

old_obsession wrote:what does this say about ayoakinfe's credibility?
Absolutely shot to pieces if you ask me.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

BBC have Efan Ekoku reporting direct from Tunis right now and he is saying their has been NO reprieve as far as he is aware.......
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

ok what is going on ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

if they are saying its the Ministers decision, you should know that it is all shakara.

CCC made the decision & asked for the Ministers approval. So its up to CCC to reverse it.

if the other players are begging for the offenders, expelling them would be too dangerous for morale. Thay will not be expelled.
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

juventuss wrote:ok what is going on ?
latest is they're going on strike: http://www.supereagles.com/
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Nothing new in the story. The part of the boycott is probably made up.