PLAYERS SHOULD PRESSURE MARTINS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
PLAYERS SHOULD PRESSURE MARTINS

Post by Ugbowo »

Why can't some of our Eagles pressure this useless boy? JJ should play a prominent role in this as captain and tell him what it is to play for ur country! The whole thing just dey vex me!!!
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

The guy is so scared stiff about loosing reckoning @ Inter......but he may live to regret this decision, especially If Nija does very well @ the competition.If he gets dropped @ Inter thru injury or otherwise, it will be a difficult time for him. The likes of Older players: Keshi, Amo, JJ, Kanu, Ribo have all found solace in SE when they were getting ruff times on the bench @ their clubs. International comp and National teams are always there to get urself back into reckoning. Whoever locked this guy up in such a RIGID viewpoint is doing a disservice to him and Nigeria. " Remember to greet the people you meet on your way up, cos you may meet them on your way down"......words of wisdom.
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

it's just a damn shame! We will be OK without him....more than OK. I think he's idiotic self is dumb enough to know that he is and will not be first choice at Inter, not now and not in 2months.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

The only way we will need this guy in future is if we dont do well in the ANC. If we do well the his only chance will be the u-21 in 2005. I wish this guy has good foresight.
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

There is a Yoruba that says "whoever pours water before him/herself will inevitably walk on wet ground". I wish this boys father can interprete this proverb to him.
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

somebody U need to take your bitterness and dump it in a thrash can.This is the ebst decision this boy has made.None of U here knows his status at Inter Milan,if U were in his shoes and thought wisely all of U will make the same decision.The truth is he is not needed so bad for Nigeria,Supereagles dont need him we have enough fowards already.He can settle with any of our youth teams.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Aniefiok Abrakpan
Egg
Egg

Post by Aniefiok Abrakpan »

Martins is smart, he knows where his bread is buttered. He is the only one that can judge his position at Inter. Let him take the right decision for his future because it is the right decision for Nigeria. We need to start thinking of 2006 instead of yeye ANC.

Patriotism does not figure in this situation. Say one thing Nigeria has done for the boy. Frankly, if Nigeria cannot cope without one teenager then they don't deserve to win jack ( like with JAG at CAN2000 )
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THIS BOY CALL OBAFEMI MARTINS, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HIM.... AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN NOW, MARTINS CAN GO PLAYING FOR THE MOON TEAM.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Something tells me Martins will live to regret this decision, irrespective of the outcome of our adventure in Tunisia.
Bell

Post by Bell »

NO NEED FOR SENIOR BOYS TO "PRESSURE" MARTINS

The decision to play/not to play should be made freely. Just like the senior boys and others did.
Bell
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

I feel nobody should be pressured to play fo their country regardless of the
situation. Nigeria has A lot of talents to choose from. My only regret is the
lack of A good youth system that can monitor and groom unbiased talent
regardless of where they play.our players should be the ones fighting tooth
and nail to impress the right authorities on why they should be invited to
fight for a position on the national team,And not the other way round.
who no know go know.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

They cant and wont pressure him, because they realise, if they could turn the clock back they may well have taken the same route.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

omey2k4 wrote:somebody U need to take your bitterness and dump it in a thrash can.This is the ebst decision this boy has made.None of U here knows his status at Inter Milan,if U were in his shoes and thought wisely all of U will make the same decision.The truth is he is not needed so bad for Nigeria,Supereagles dont need him we have enough fowards already.He can settle with any of our youth teams.
I hate when this happens, but I so agree with Ome here. You guys cry too much. The guy needs to make a balanced decision. Personally, in his shoes, I'd only go if I felt I had a chance to make a difference, not just to go for the sake of it. He has many years ahead of him.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

There's absolutely no ned for players to pressure Martins. No one is bigger than a nation. If his heart iss not in it, then he should be left alone. It's Martins decision. Naija will survive without him.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

waka-man wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:somebody U need to take your bitterness and dump it in a thrash can.This is the ebst decision this boy has made.None of U here knows his status at Inter Milan,if U were in his shoes and thought wisely all of U will make the same decision.The truth is he is not needed so bad for Nigeria,Supereagles dont need him we have enough fowards already.He can settle with any of our youth teams.
I hate when this happens, but I so agree with Ome here. You guys cry too much. The guy needs to make a balanced decision. Personally, in his shoes, I'd only go if I felt I had a chance to make a difference, not just to go for the sake of it. He has many years ahead of him.
If Nigeria and the Fans are calling for him, it is because regardless of his youth, we are all convinced that his talent will make a difference in the Super Eagles.
After seeing him perform wonderfully this year, it is hard to disagree.

However, you guys are right about one thing. If making a balanced judgement is all about what is best for myself, then Obafemi is right not to let patriotism be an issue.
If his desire is to represent his country of origin in Africa's Top Football Tournament is not there, then he is probably doing us all a favour by staying away.

Let us not forget folks, the ANC is all about Heart. To win this tournament, you MUST put your country before yourself.
Its all about sacrifice, and that is what true Hero's are made of.

As far as I am concerned, his story is a close case. His kind have come and gone.

Only those that play for prizes bigger than their egos, live on forever in our Hearts.

Good luck Super Eagles. Good luck Nigeria
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg
Re: PLAYERS SHOULD PRESSURE MARTINS

Post by sunshinestar »

Ugbowo wrote:Why can't some of our Eagles pressure this useless boy? JJ should play a prominent role in this as captain and tell him what it is to play for ur country! The whole thing just dey vex me!!!
Yes o.Does anybody know his e-mail address,let's ard his box by giving him reasons he must play in Tunisia.His phone number could do as well,this is where KickOffChief comes in.
rfijai
Egg
Egg

Post by rfijai »

didn't mr. scribe come back to say martins was going to play for naija. i dont understand all the 'holla' about his delay to reinforce what mr scribe had said. unless this mr scribe is a tongue in the cheek kind of person and anything that comes out his mouth is rubbish.

however, martins must be a fool not to play for naija. there have been better players before him and these players give it all to their fatherland whenever they are called upon.