Were we that good? Or SA very poor?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gotti wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Robby,

I don watch the match twice and I dey watch the highlights again right now. It will no doubt confirm this....I no say Kanu na you boy and you no dey like hear anything about the guy...but na so e happen
Actually, the South African trip over his own legs, but I also believe that Kanu gave him an ever-so-slight help a few seconds before his trip. And we clearly got away with a penalty a few minutes later.
Gotti, na so I see am... the SA player accidentaly tripped on his own then tried to hold the ball to force the ref to call a foul on Kanu.. gambling that he won't dare call a hand ball... the rest is history... but on the other side, Yobo got away with a clumpsy trip that should have been a PK against the eagles... that may have brought them back 2-1.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

cic old boy wrote:I agree the scoreline did not reflect the game. But two workers (Seyi and Ekwueme) in midfield suit us fine. If Okocha steps up, we can go places.
Most objective assessment of the game so far...
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

i thought it'd end 3-0 to us. But i'll take 4.
That said,the RSA are IMO the worst prepared team alongside SE in the ANC this year and against a more solidly prepared bafana bafana the story might have been different.
But kudos to us for our determination,we can only get better from here. I'd like to see JJ and JAG show up in this tourney cos they've barely done much thus far.
Lastly,only a mad man dares predict the SE. Beware Africa.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

airwolex wrote:I expected a bit more from them. We deserved to win but we had massive breaks. No way was that a penalty. And they could have had one themselves. Thank God for that oyinbo boy! What fantastic goals.
Great. Your quite objective. Naija deserved the victory but not by 4 goals. I will never know where that penalty came from. Even Naija players were surprised at it.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Blakes wrote:give credit where credit is due and alot of it has to go to osaze..the boy was full of confidence and created 2 goals from nothing...if it wasnt for Osaze and and a stupid penealty we wouldn't have scored more than one...
.....if the South African defender did not clear Utaka's ball off the line, it could have been five.

.....if Okocha and Kanu were born in Cameroun, the team would have been different!

.....if we played with a square ball or smaller posts, the game would have been different!

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.......but it ain't!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

.....if the South African defender did not clear Utaka's ball off the line, it could have been five.

.....if Okocha and Kanu were born in Cameroun, the team would have been different!

.....if we played with a square ball or smaller posts, the game would have been different!
Haba.. lets be realistic..a clear chance is a clear chance..we had those aginst morroco and we missed them, and in this game kanu had one and he missed..I guess i have been watching the strikers on some of the other teams ie Kanoute,dos santos and Mboma and it just seems like we dont have any one like that...we just have a spectator in kanu and a hustler in in JAG..Osaze showed some flashes of brillinace...if JAG could take shots like that boy Osaze he would be a striker.....
so my point is in another game aginst a tuffer opponent i dont know if luck will be on our side like this..hopefully osaze will create again ...abi?
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie