Tunisia '04: It is the Devil's Alternative for CCC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Tunisia '04: It is the Devil's Alternative for CCC

Post by azuka »

Looking at the complete fixtures of ANC '04, courtesy of the current edition of World Soccer magazine, i do not envy CCC at all. Right from the first match it is going to be tough all through the whole wire.
Our first match is against Morocco: Considering our epileptic preparation one would have wished for Benin. A certain win against Benin would have been a very good moral booster for the team as it evolves. But then the SE is thrown right into the deep blue ocean. After Morocco comes South Africa, and finally Benin.
Right from now, CCC should start considering his alternatives and what he will consider a success level.

Alternative A: Win our group:

Winning our group prevents a potential dicey encounter with Cameroun who on current form should top group C. This in all probability will setup a recast of Mali 02 where we met Senegal in the Semi-Finals. Senegal on form should make a mince meat of their group and whichever oponent in the Quarters. In this setting the worst case scenerio will be a fourth place finishing. That is, assuming we lose to Senegal and lose the third place match. A fourth place finishing will not be too bad considering all the uncertainities surrounding our preparation and CCC. But if we go this route, i believe the SE can more than handle the Senegalese and thus qualify for the final guaranteeing a certain silver medal at least. I feel by the time the SE gets to the final, the team will be in the mood to handle anybody the Camerounians inclusive. To me this is the route CCC should start thinking about right now.

Alternative B: Come second in our group:

This is a route i do not want to think about at all. Coming second ensures a potential explosive clash with our next door neighbours to the east. Men, it is scary. But if we do beat them at this stage, then the Cup is as certain as coming to Abuja at the end of it all. But can we? There is nothing in the SE preparation that gives one confidence that we can beat the Lions if we meet at the quarter-final stage, given their heads start against us.

Alternative C: Disregard our opponents - a la Onigbinde.

Here we just continue our lackadaisical preparation and hope that upsets occur in the other groups. This is like giving up without a fight. And thus leaving ourselves too open to the sucker punch.

Whatever way one looks at it, it is not going to be easy. All those dreaming of the cup should start thinking again. To me, a fourth place finish under CCC is not too bad given that hopefully things will be done right and a coach right and good enough for the SE will be appointed after the competition.

Good luck to CCC, 'cause he really needs it now.
Ikranky
Egg
Egg

Post by Ikranky »

We did not prepare. We do not have a team. We do not have a permanent coach. Our players are not motivated to play. Our president is only promising handshakes.

But we want to win the cup :D :D :D

God dey sha. Anything can happen.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

I know for sure the eagles will fly high in Tunisia. That is a familiar turf
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

If MI5 makes the team we will win the cup :D :lol: :P
Soldier of Fortune...