AFTER WATCHING THE GAME AGAIN THAT PK WAS WRONG !!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

SUYA wrote:Men this is ANC....the gusy did not handle the ball intentionally........................thats the bottom line.
If you kill someone unintentionally, you still do time;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I agree with Robbynice! You do not pick up the ball if the ref hasn't blown!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I've replayed that part of the game several times and it was a very cose call. I dont think Kanu tripped the guy...but Kanu must have probably hacked him while he was overtaking him.

On the other hand, assuming Kanu was the defender and he fell in the box, do u think the ref wud have given him a card for diving?

Finally, i think the ref did a good job...do u realise that there was no card in the game?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Ijapa[/color] wrote:I recorded the match and watched it numerous time and I can confidently tell u that Kanu did not touch that guy.
Which angle(s) did you watch it from? You can't confidently tell us he was not pushed till you see it from overhead and underneath angles :P :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

nanijoe wrote:
SUYA wrote:Men this is ANC....the gusy did not handle the ball intentionally........................thats the bottom line.
H held on to the bal when the ref had not stopped play... there was only one logical way to resume play ..with a penalty kick
Word! :lol: :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

He held the ball in anticipation of a call and the call didn't come. The only logical way to start play was for a penalty to be taken. No two way about it.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Riche007 wrote:I've replayed that part of the game several times and it was a very cose call. I dont think Kanu tripped the guy...but Kanu must have probably hacked him while he was overtaking him.

On the other hand, assuming Kanu was the defender and he fell in the box, do u think the ref wud have given him a card for diving?

Finally, i think the ref did a good job...do u realise that there was no card in the game?
Ol'boy this na story story. IMO Kanu did not touch the guy but let just even assume that Kanu did touch the guy the bottom line remains that the ref didn't stop play and the South African didn't have the right to grap the ball. It is as simple as that.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Suya: "intent" does not come into configuration when there was no foul in the first place. The hall marks of every professional is to wait for the whistle fro the Ref before making conclusion. Btw, something of this nature cost Udeze is professional contract with WBA
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

Please don't Spoil Kanu's only Glory in an ANC u mean he did not touch the guy that means he is really totally useless and if he was not there the boy for fall by himself abeg give kanu passsenger some credit other wise them a throw his wastepipe self in the soccergarbage can no assist's no goaLS AND NO DIVING SKILLS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

how the defender got infront of Kanu is still a mystery
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Intentional handling of ball in the box = penalty

The SA defender handled the ball in the box intentionally. It doesn't matter if he thought he was fouled and therefore expected the ref's whistle.

From the point of view of the rule book, this is the same as a defender from Team A performing a volleyball like blocking movement with both arms to stop a Team B's striker's shot from going inside team A's net.

Intentional handling. Hand to ball. In the box, to boot. Piooo! Penal.

No two ways about it.

Wha choo looking at?!

Post by Guest »

Is it part of FIFA rules that a guy from a different continent can officiate in a continental tournament like the ANC. Can an Argentine referee be deployed to officiate a game in a Euro Cup like, say, Euro 2004? If CAF has to import referees for the ANC then, I would rather they pick them from Europe and South America.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Ijapa,

Either you are blind or you are lying. Kanu tripped the guy's foot. He did not push him with his hand but he clipped the guy's left leg with his left leg. That is what I saw....

It is not going to change anything so I don't understand why some people cannot be honest.

Ijapa wrote:I recorded the match and watched it numerous time and I can confidently tell u that Kanu did not touch that guy.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .