Cameroun, Burkina Faso lose in friendlies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

CAMEROUN and Burkina Faso both lost to Spanish regional sides over the weekend.

Guardian sports today.

The Lions, composed mainly of young players based in Cameroun on the fringes of Nations Cup selection, went down 0-1 to a strong Community of Valencia side scattered with Spanish internationals.

Burkina's Stallions, meanwhile, crashed 0-4 to a modest Navarra outfit that was representing its region for the first time.

The only time Cameroun's goalkeeper Dominique Emane was beaten was in the 44th minute, from close-range by Atletico Madrid's Javi Moreno.

Otherwise Emane had an excellent game, topped by saving a penalty just after the break.

Another Lion who roared was midfielder Jean Blaise Bouli, who went close to scoring an early goal with a thunderbolt after 15 minutes and was a constant presence in the middle of the field.

Former Cameroun international goalkeeper Jacques Songo'o was on hand and saw much to be happy about from the candidates to become fully-fledged Lions.

"I am sure you will see many of these players featuring in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers," commented Songo'o, who is still on the books of the Spanish first division club Deportivo La Coruna.

Burkina's Stallions that faced Navarra were more like ageing war horses, with eight of the 17 who saw action on Sunday being survivors from Burkina Faso's famous charge to the 1998 African Nations Cup semi-finals.

Some may soon be sent to the abattoir after their poor display against a team of little known Spanish first and second division players.

Goalkeeper Abdoulaye Soulama conceded two goals before half time and was then replaced at the break by Mohammed Kabore.

The new man could not do any better and also let in two.

The humiliation could have been much worse as both men were continuously exposed by inept defending.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

...And some people will say that we are playing some waste pipes friendly!!!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Cameroon I could recollect lost most of their friendlies before the 1990 World Cup Finals.The results of friendlies don't count infact it is bad news to win warm-up matches because you won't see your mistakes.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

sunshinestar wrote:Cameroon I could recollect lost most of their friendlies before the 1990 World Cup Finals.The results of friendlies don't count infact it is bad news to win warm-up matches because you won't see your mistakes.
I wonder why Vindave is obsessed with all this meaningless propaganda.

Fact is, SE have NOT started preparing, with the bulk of the final 22 still absent from camp.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Jiggerman21 wrote:
sunshinestar wrote:Cameroon I could recollect lost most of their friendlies before the 1990 World Cup Finals.The results of friendlies don't count infact it is bad news to win warm-up matches because you won't see your mistakes.
I wonder why Vindave is obsessed with all this meaningless propaganda.

Fact is, SE have NOT started preparing, with the bulk of the final 22 still absent from camp.
Jiggerman21, Am sure you are just seeking for some attention, if it was to be my good old days, you would have found your head under my bed in the hostel - oloriegbe like u. Make u nor mind your business first... u this INFITRATOR.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

Vindave, no mind dem jare.Thanks for this piece of info.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

why do you always have to degenerate into personal attacks? no be true I talk?

Eagles camping has NOT begun in earnest and you appear to be trying to create the impression that it has. :x
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

The Cameroon side that played was the Olympic team (with MOSTLY home based players) that was being fine tuned. Here is the list of players that Cameroun used
Cameroon: Emane; Zorck, Ndongo, Ambassa, Bidzy, Bessala, Bouli, Monchare, Inogue, Belombo y Ze. Also played as substitutes: Essimdi, Nudjon, Edoa y Momo Epamde.
Seleccion Valenciana: Palop; Garrido, Ballesteros, Benja, Antonio López, Juanfran, Farinós, Parri, Vicente, Juan Sánchez y Javi Moreno. Also played as substitutes: Toño, Dealbert, Curro Montoya, Moreno, Javi Navarro, Luis Gil y Aitor Font.
“I can play with people’s emotions when I want to make an impact. It’s one way to get the best out of people.” Jose Mourinho (March 08, 2005)
"Again Mblack, I have no beef with you as I actually respect you a lot." SAwosika (May 14, 2005)
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

This is the kind of team that you beat in the LG Cup 3-0. So I will not place too much importance on it.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .