still no goal from any striker after 2 games

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omotori
Egg
Egg
still no goal from any striker after 2 games

Post by omotori »

like I have always said, the eagus should count on the fact that their skilled/fast midfielders can score just as well as strikers.

which is why we should field a pure striker & a fast link-forward type (Utaka or Yak NOT KANU) who can hustle/track back & play midfield when the opponent has the ball ala Amokachi i.e. 4-5-1.

Osaze has the hot foot, so he should start. Kanu is cold & lacks a shot, no pace, no hustle. He may be a pretty passer but thats not even close to being enough.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

but we dont need more hustlers...we need more with finess like Osaze...a little finess, ability to create, positioning, hustling ability and finishing equals a deadly strker....Eto'o has all the above except for the fact that in this ANC his finishing has been suspect..
JAg just has the hustling and maybe positioning....everything else needs work..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

As long as we score, I dont care even if na Eyeama wey score
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

This strikes me as a case of Over analysis. We all know that every Nigerian is a tactician/analyst/politician/philosopher etc.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

This strikes me as a case of Over analysis. We all know that every Nigerian is a tactician/analyst/politician/philosopher etc.
well isnt that why most of us log on to this site..? to analyse,ploiticise etc....
-Biggie
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

The fact that our strikers have not scored is not all bad. From a statistical standpoint, JAG and Utaka are due to score, so it's all good.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Naija fan wrote:The fact that our strikers have not scored is not all bad. From a statistical standpoint, JAG and Utaka are due to score, so it's all good.
That's true. having goals come from around the team (including defenders) is actually a good thing as no one player is all important and can be marked out. There will still be confidence in the event of strikers' injury, suspension or even expulsion (Yakubu).

Consider this as one thing that makes Arsenal such a good thing as Pires, Ljunjberg, Lauren, Toure can always score when Henry doesn't.

JAg is known as our scorer from the last two tiurnaments and many teams are now wise to his danger.
Kanu isn't known as our scorer and few expect him to score. The issue here, therefore, is that JAg hasn't scored for 2 games.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

somebody wrote:As long as we score, I dont care even if na Eyeama wey score
Abi oh...anyways, a striker doesn't necessarily have to score to be effective; they can draw defenders out and create openings for other non-strikers to score;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

theYemster wrote:
Abi oh...anyways, a striker doesn't necessarily have to score to be effective; they can draw defenders out and create openings for other non-strikers to score;
so whats the point in playing two dedicated strikers if they are not scoring - instead, play one striker & use the other spots to stiffen the midfield as in 4-5-1
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

aghahowa was a distraction to the GK when Osaze scored the 4th goal. You guys should remember he was lurking around and the GK had to worry about his proximity
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

dont forget... SE has never depended so much from its striker to score goals for us.. apart the era of yekini which he was a fluck at the world cup... it will be a while before that would change.... i dont always expect strikers to score.... all i want his a win.... thatz all that matter.... that is one thing that baffles me when this so called nigerian strikers get a lucrative contracts in european clubs to go do what ????? i guess warm the bench or a trainin material
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

what if OKORONKWO scores against Benin ?
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

eeemmm,

Didn't Osaze come in as a second striker? From what i saw, he did!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Strikers are meant to score simple.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
ekene
Egg
Egg

Post by ekene »

what if OKORONKWO scores against Benin ?
[/quote]

If okoronkwo scores at least we will see some backflips since aghahowa seems to be not having his luck and since babayaro is gone home okoronkwo is the only hope.
My Guys
ImageAghawonder
Image AkonaUche
ImageNsofority
ImageTERMINATOR

Whos Yours?
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=147288
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

ekene wrote:what if OKORONKWO scores against Benin ?
If okoronkwo scores at least we will see some backflips since aghahowa seems to be not having his luck and since babayaro is gone home okoronkwo is the only hope.[/quote]

Okoronkwo dey backflip? this i cant wait to see.

PS Paveman and AJ guru , u better make ur way out of the stadium as i suspect this course of action might lead to an earth quake
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

we are having some problems up front and it is not secret..Our supposed goal king aghahowa has not even taken any onside shots on goal...at this rate when is he going to score...African defenses are better and it has now become diffucult for strikers who use the "GRA GRA, Hustle HUstle "technique to score...We need to take advantage of open space runs,one timers and outside shots....all of which Kanu ,Jag and Utaka do not do...
-Biggie
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Blakes wrote:we are having some problems up front and it is not secret..Our supposed goal king aghahowa has not even taken any onside shots on goal...at this rate when is he going to score...African defenses are better and it has now become diffucult for strikers who use the "GRA GRA, Hustle HUstle "technique to score...We need to take advantage of open space runs,one timers and outside shots....all of which Kanu ,Jag and Utaka do not do...
exactly.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Kanu and Jag were most of the time too deep and playing in midfield when when they should be upfront.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

My sentiments exactly!
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"