Rogba, please tell us why...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rogba, please tell us why...

Post by Its a Goal »

...the forum went down. It will be nice to know the exact cause and any possible remedy to prevent future occurance.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

Its very serious. In a nutshell the database can't handle over 3000 users posting at the same time. I'll update you with the full low. There is an option that is currently being laid to me. When i get the full low, i'll inform you guys. Its unfortunate that i was out for a length of period yesterday coz often the response time to fix the problems is very fast. I will be giving azuka the contact details soon for future events since i can't guarantee i'll always be around.
With God all things are possible
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Thanks Rogba - Babanla Admin :mrgreen:
To stop trying is to start dying
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

rogba wrote:Its very serious. In a nutshell the database can't handle over 3000 users posting at the same time. I'll update you with the full low. There is an option that is currently being laid to me. When i get the full low, i'll inform you guys. Its unfortunate that i was out for a length of period yesterday coz often the response time to fix the problems is very fast. I will be giving azuka the contact details soon for future events since i can't guarantee i'll always be around.
Do we have up to 3000 users?
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

During Naija matches we could get over a million hits. The 3000 is not just memebers but people logging pn at the same time and posting. It's a question of Bandwith

Talk IT wrote:
rogba wrote:Its very serious. In a nutshell the database can't handle over 3000 users posting at the same time. I'll update you with the full low. There is an option that is currently being laid to me. When i get the full low, i'll inform you guys. Its unfortunate that i was out for a length of period yesterday coz often the response time to fix the problems is very fast. I will be giving azuka the contact details soon for future events since i can't guarantee i'll always be around.
Do we have up to 3000 users?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Did we know about this limitation before? Maybe we should have made arrangements to handle it before the ANC...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I believe a suggestion was made to members but the those dropping by cant be controlled
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

1 million hits? I assume that we are talking about total traffic here. Where would that put the number of unique sessions and is there a breakdown of where folks are logging in from?

Perhaps this might be reason for akamization!
Rogba
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogba »

YUJAM,

Thats total traffic daily. Normal days are 500,000 hits and game days are 750,000 - 1,000,000

nanijoe, We couldn't have known about this limitations until now.
With God all things are possible