Legislator warns Chukwu over final list for Tunisia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Daily Independent Online. * Tuesday, December 30, 2003.

By Jacob Salau

Special Correspondent, Lagos

Mr Tunde Salau, deputy chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Sports, has warned Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu, not to allow undue influence or sentiment to override his sense of judgement in his final selection for the Nokia Nations Cup. He said it would be suicidal for Chukwu to compromise the expected standard when drawing the final team list for the nation’s flag bearer at the biannual championship.

“I must confess that I am not particularly happy with the level of preparedness of our darling Super Eagles,” Salau said, adding, “ I am alarmed about some names in the provisional list of 42 players that are currently camping in Faro, Portugal. I suspect foul play somewhere and that is why I am using this opportunity to appeal to Chukwu not to allow himself to be used by some selfish people who are hell bent in seeing some of their boys make the final 22 to Tunisia.” The lawmaker who spoke in Lagos warned that if the Super Eagles handler failed to put his foot down in terms of listing a formidable final 22 players for Nigeria, he would find himself to blame at the end. “I just hope Chukwu knows what he is doing because he would have himself to blame at the end. No one would want to listen to any cock and bull stories he may have to tell at the end of it all. “We know we have the players to win this championship for us on paper but then if he (Chukwu) allows any form of influence in the choice of players that would make the final team, then he should kiss the trophy good bye. And I am sure he knows what that means,” he said.

“Chukwu is not a green horn in this job, so I expect him to be very firm in his choice of players. I know pressure will come from some quarters for him to list some players but then it would be up to Chukwu to put the interest of the nation first by selecting the very best.” Salau added.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Well said Mr.Tunde Salau.
Also I hope you guys pass that Legislation---EDUCATIONAL GRANTS FOR OUR YOUNG NIGERIAN BOYS AND GIRLS.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:D :D :D :D :D cheii from all corners dem jus dey fire CCC left and right kaii where are the CHC boys, CCC brigade of guards when you need them? they are probably sleeping right now not knowing the heat is on their oga cheii Naija ohh....

Deputy chairman it is already happening now as CCC unfortunately doesn't have the final say and is just a caretaker. There is nothing a caretaker can do except caretake :lol: :lol: :D The pressure from all quaters are coming now already and even me sef i don dey pressure dem make dem add me to the team list :lol: :wink: :D
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote::D :D :D :D :D cheii from all corners dem jus dey fire CCC left and right kaii where are the CHC boys, CCC brigade of guards when you need them? they are probably sleeping right now not knowing the heat is on their oga cheii Naija ohh....

Deputy chairman it is already happening now as CCC unfortunately doesn't have the final say and is just a caretaker. There is nothing a caretaker can do except caretake :lol: :lol: :D The pressure from all quaters are coming now already and even me sef i don dey pressure dem make dem add me to the team list :lol: :wink: :D
M15, You nor Well o! Image Image Image
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vndave,

Na so e bi ohhh :D :D :D abi efen me sef i sabi caretake well well :lol:

VINDAVE wrote:
MI5 wrote::D :D :D :D :D cheii from all corners dem jus dey fire CCC left and right kaii where are the CHC boys, CCC brigade of guards when you need them? they are probably sleeping right now not knowing the heat is on their oga cheii Naija ohh....

Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote:Vndave,

VINDAVE wrote:

M15, You don play COLLEGE BALL before? Oh sorry, I mean to say whether you don play Street or monkey post ball before??? Pls. stay clear of the Eagles camp cus Anti-graff people deh watch o! Abi you wan make them carry u go like Afolabi...? I LOVE YOU FOR CE.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

Yes i don play i don play street ball and monkeypost well well the good old days hahahahahaha.... :lol: :D with all the ball wey persin play for Lagos for Itire and Lawanson dat wan dey enough to qualify me for SE camp abi i lie :D :lol: No worry i get Bright Omokaro 10/10 skills for leg so anyone wey come near me na Maroc'88 treatment dem go get :lol: :o :)

No worry and i get to represent CE as the first CE player to play for SE :lol: :D :)

VINDAVE wrote:
MI5 wrote:Vndave,

VINDAVE wrote:

M15, You don play COLLEGE BALL before? Oh sorry, I mean to say whether you don play Street or monkey post ball before??? Pls. stay clear of the Eagles camp cus Anti-graff people deh watch o! Abi you wan make them carry u go like Afolabi...? I LOVE YOU FOR CE.
Soldier of Fortune...
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

"I am alarmed about some names in the provisional list of 42 players that are currently camping in Faro, Portugal. I suspect foul play somewhere and that is why I am using this opportunity to appeal to Chukwu not to allow himself to be used by some selfish people who are hell bent in seeing some of their boys make the final 22 to Tunisia.”

Gotti,
Please can you comment on Salau's statement?
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sir V,

Do not be surprised infact we are talking about a 50 player call up instead of 42 players initially called. The usual NFA smokescreen to cover all their lies

Sir V wrote: "I am alarmed about some names in the provisional list of 42 players that are currently camping in Faro, Portugal. I suspect foul play somewhere and that is why I am using this opportunity to appeal to Chukwu not to allow himself to be used by some selfish people who are hell bent in seeing some of their boys make the final 22 to Tunisia.”

Gotti,
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote:Sir V,

Do not be surprised infact we are talking about a 50 player call up 42 players was just a smokescreen... More to come... :wink:

Sir V wrote: "I am alarmed about some names in the provisional list of 42 players that are currently camping in Faro, Portugal. I suspect foul play somewhere and that is why I am using this opportunity to appeal to Chukwu not to allow himself to be used by some selfish people who are hell bent in seeing some of their boys make the final 22 to Tunisia.”

Gotti,
M15, But come to think of it, the list is already close or above 50 o with the inclusion of some ppl like Muyiwa et al.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

VINDAVE wrote:

Do not be surprised infact we are talking about a 50 player call up 42 players was just a smokescreen... More to come... :wink:

Gotti,
M15, But come to think of it, the list is already close or above 50 o with the inclusion of some ppl like Muyiwa et al.

Oshare,

Expect more than that, Chukwu and Ogunjobi mean serious business.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

I think we just have to admit, when it comes to Africa, football enters every fabric of society. I don't think the glass house will ever be free from political influence.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Sir V wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:

Oshare,

Big Oniovo, Mavor, how London now, hope u deh see waffiman for Highbury abi wetin be that town name self...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

Cheii that means there is a chance for me if the list goes up to 60 :lol: :o :) :D

VINDAVE wrote:

Gotti,
Soldier of Fortune...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MI5 wrote:Vindave,

Cheii that means there is a chance for me if the list goes up to 60 :lol: :o :) :D
I thought M15 already had a chance, abi u deh campaign for M16 b'cus, 5 & 6 close well well
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

VINDAVE wrote:

Gotti,
My broda make you start to dey shine your boots, i believe yu will make. It all depends.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

VINDAVE wrote:
Sir V wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:

Oshare,

Big Oniovo, Mavor, how London now, hope u deh see waffiman for Highbury abi wetin be that town name self...
Man dey, how P.H?, Waffiman deycool.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes all boots ready to go. I must play in Tunis.... :wink:

Sir V wrote:

VINDAVE wrote:

Gotti,
My broda make you start to dey shine your boots, i believe yu will make. It all depends.
Soldier of Fortune...
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Gotti,
SIR V:
Why do you think that this person's opinion has any more validity than anyone else's on this forum? Because he is a legislator?! What is his background in football, coaching or sports administration?! Probably less than you and I's.

Mr. Salau is just another football FAN (like you and I). Nevertheless, he should be more "alarmed" at some of the characters that he shares the legislative chambers with -- one is on trial for murder, while another is on trial for 419, and several cannot authenticate their purported educational qualifications.

And if he is worried about lists, he should start with the quantity and quality Mr. Obasanjo's bloated cabinet and coeterie of special advisers, senior special assistants and special assistants or with the Senate President's reported fleet of 32 official cars.

A major problem with Nigerian officialdom is that they will not let folks carry on with the business that they were appointed to conduct without undue interference and all manner of PROSPECTIVE second-guessing. Meanwhile, what has Mr. Salau (and his legislative colleagues) done about appropriating the necessary funds required to successfully prosecute the Eagles' ANC campaign.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Gotti wrote:

Gotti,
SIR V:
Why do you think that this person's opinion has any more validity than anyone else on this forum? Because he is a legislator?! What is his background in football, coaching or sports administration?! Probably less than you and I's.

Mr. Salau is just another football FAN (like you and I). Nevertheless, he should be more "alarmed" at some of the characters that he shares the legislative chambers with -- one is on trial for murder, while another is on trial for 419, and several cannot authenticate their purported educational qualifications.

And if he is worried about bloated lists, he should start with Mr. Obasanjo's bloated cabinet and coeterie of special advisers, senior special assistants and special assistants or with the Senate President's reported fleet of 32 official cars.
Gotti,
Really funny :D :D :D :D
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Prince wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti,
SIR V:
Why do you think that this person's opinion has any more validity than anyone else on this forum? Because he is a legislator?! What is his background in football, coaching or sports administration?! Probably less than you and I's.

And if he is worried about bloated lists, he should start with Mr. Obasanjo's bloated cabinet and coeterie of special advisers, senior special assistants and special assistants or with the Senate President's reported fleet of 32 official cars.
Gotti,
Really funny :D :D :D :D
Really funny indeed.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Akingbade
Egg
Egg

Post by Akingbade »

What do you expect from an inept local coach who's also a yes-man?
Don't throw stones if u live in a glass house and kindly use the pre-frontal lobe of your brain more often; scientists call it the seat of good manners...
Dombraye
Egg
Egg

Post by Dombraye »

This legislators are fulls. As if CCC does'nt have enough presure on him. My legislator, concentrate on the job.
Eagles Will Rise Again