Udeze siad that he would have made the difference

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

authority
Egg
Egg
Udeze siad that he would have made the difference

Post by authority »

Udeze out of South Africa's tie
•••Says he would have made the difference
By Ade Ojeikere in Monastir

Ifeanyi Udeze has been ruled out of the South Africa versus Nigeria's second game in Monastir on Saturday as a result of the red card that he bagged in the last qualification game against Angola played at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin-City last year.

In a letter sent to the Nigeria football Association NFA in Monastir on Thursday morning, the Confederation of Africa Football CAF stated that Udeze would be eligible to participate in Nigeria's third game against Benin in SFAX adding that the match referee recommended a two-match ban for the player for the offence that he committed during the game against Angola last year.

But when NewAgeSports sought Udeze's view on the Moroccan game, he said: " I would have struggled to level up the goal if I had played. I would have taken the risk to complete my overlapping runs to score the goal.

" From where I sat, I saw plenty of space that I would have exploited to bury the Moroccans because they created plenty of openings that have ruined them if I had played.

Asked if that was not an indictment of Celestine Babayaro, he said: " No way, we have different styles. We read the matches differently. He may not have seen the loop hole that I saw from the stands and that is football for you.

Babayaro is a very good player, very much exposed than I am and to say that he did not play well would be an unfair comment."

Home | Subscribe | Members | Archives | Chat Room |

For General Enquiries, send a mail to : [email protected]

© 2003 - 2004 Century Media Limited, All Rights Reserved
Terms under which service is provided · Read our Privacy Policy
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

He might find his #$% on the bench a lot more. If I were the coaches, I will not interupt the chemistry of Lawal and Ekwueme on the left.
To stop trying is to start dying
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Shownoja wrote:He might find his #$% on the bench a lot more. If I were the coaches, I will not interupt the chemistry of Lawal and Ekwueme on the left.
Word! That left side was tight as. And Udeze surely cannot hit the ball like Lawal can.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg
Re: Udeze siad that he would have made the difference

Post by Dog Bruno »

authority wrote:

But when NewAgeSports sought Udeze's view on the Moroccan game, he said: " I would have struggled to level up the goal if I had played. I would have taken the risk to complete my overlapping runs to score the goal.

" From where I sat, I saw plenty of space that I would have exploited to bury the Moroccans because they created plenty of openings that have ruined them if I had played.
Take it from a baller himself.
You are Your Own Dog
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Did we get behind the defense from the left side?
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Osaze's first came from the left side.
To stop trying is to start dying
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Shownoja wrote:Osaze's first came from the left side.
:D :D , men you're funny. Maybe you didn't understand my question. Did we get behind the defensive line on the left side?, i.e did lawal or ekweame beat their marker down the left and put in a ball into the box like Udeze do?
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Talk IT wrote:
:D :D , men you're funny. Maybe you didn't understand my question. Did we get behind the defensive line on the left side?, i.e did lawal or ekweame beat their marker down the left and put in a ball into the box like Udeze do?
Lawal had one good shot on goal towards the end of the match.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Naija fan wrote:
Talk IT wrote:
Lawal had one good shot on goal towards the end of the match.
:D :D
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Udeze needs to go and learn to control his temper and refine his game; this is the third crucial game he's missed due to a red card;

Two games now no cautions except for Yobo; he should learn from that; football is not just about skill but dicsipline and maintaining composure; if it were some other coaches, the fact that he is ineligible for two games would've made them drop his #$%.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

did u guys see his mean mugg on the bench??? :mrgreen:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

This further confirms that babayaro is way better than this guy...Udeze no get sense at all..kai...this guy is just not polished....he would have done what!!!!!!!! thank God it was baba that played LB when the mugu aiyegbeni refused to track back...at it been Udeze the left would have been wide open
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

ugly boy wrote:This further confirms that babayaro is way better than this guy...Udeze no get sense at all..kai...this guy is just not polished....he would have done what!!!!!!!! thank God it was baba that played LB when the mugu aiyegbeni refused to track back...at it been Udeze the left would have been wide open
The space would have been greater than when Moses parted the Nile
Larry Ashagbe
Re: Udeze siad that he would have made the difference

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

authority wrote:Udeze out of South Africa's tie
•••Says he would have made the difference
By Ade Ojeikere in Monastir

Ifeanyi Udeze has been ruled out of the South Africa versus Nigeria's second game in Monastir on Saturday as a result of the red card that he bagged in the last qualification game against Angola played at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin-City last year.

In a letter sent to the Nigeria football Association NFA in Monastir on Thursday morning, the Confederation of Africa Football CAF stated that Udeze would be eligible to participate in Nigeria's third game against Benin in SFAX adding that the match referee recommended a two-match ban for the player for the offence that he committed during the game against Angola last year.

Asked if that was not an indictment of Celestine Babayaro, he said: " No way, we have different styles. We read the matches differently. He may not have seen the loop hole that I saw from the stands and that is football for you.

Babayaro is a very good player, very much exposed than I am and to say that he did not play well would be an unfair comment."

Home | Subscribe | Members | Archives | Chat Room |

For General Enquiries, send a mail to : [email protected]

© 2003 - 2004 Century Media Limited, All Rights Reserved
Terms under which service is provided · Read our Privacy Policy
Ade Ojeikere is a funny journalist.

How could a player say he would have made all the difference?
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Why did CCC play Yak in such a role. Kai!
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

After reading what Udeze said im kinda scared about his comming off the bench...he is not a striker he is a defender..i dont know what he is saying about levelling up the game...I think agsint retarded oppostion like benin we should try and play Udeze as LB and lawal as the LW...lawal and ekueme played a very conservative game on the left aginst SA...but when u combine Udeze's risky style of play with lawals conservative then we might get a good combo...
i have not been impressed with our strikers so i wouldnt mind Udeze comming in....Ekueme had good positioning but he was never given th e chance to show what he can do...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

according to the ducth schol of Thought, which is Total Football, attacking is teh best form of defense
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

according to the ducth schol of Thought, which is Total Football, attacking is teh best form of defense
and what does this school of thought say about losing the ball and being on the recieving end of a counter attack...?
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Blakes wrote:
and what does this school of thought say about losing the ball and being on the recieving end of a counter attack...?
na CCC school of thought be that :D but seriously speaking, when a player overlaps like that, normally the DM or midfeild player gives a temporary cover or stays back to twat such counter attacks
Fegwu

Post by Fegwu »

I am most comfortable with Udeze as our LFB. I hate seeing Babayaro back there because I do not suscribe to his style. IMO he has lost it and he may never get it back (as far as the SE is concerned). He is in no way 'safer' than Udeze and he is no better as far as the Super Eagles is concerened.

The only thing going for Baba and many of his naive fans around here is that he plays for Chelsea. But many here forget that the likes of Baba, Okocha, Kanu and co went to Europe when the going was better. I consider them the lucky generation who went to Europe during the boom. That era has ended and many well deserving Nigerians will or may not ever enjoy those kind of opportunities anymore - in fact they have to work even harder to get recognition (see JAG). This is why a 4th division player like Abbey is better (at least in the SE uni) than say a Rabiu. It is good to play at the highest level but in many cases where you play does not really reflect how good one is (see Baba).

Anyway sha - I am happy to have the great Udeze back. My joy knows no bounds and I strongly believe HE WILL MAKE SOME TANGIBLE difference the Web-feet Babayaro could not conjure up. Welcome back Ifeanyi.
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

Fegwu you made a good point , indeed, where a player is playing does not really tell the whole story . To me Udeze is better defender than Baba. Baba usually give strikers a lot room to play . Otega took him to school because of this . Udeze has better speed and always on strikers skin .Although he tends loss his cool alot and committs alot going forward.This can be corrected by CCC. Roberto Carlos does the same thing but has good players to cover for him.
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

Most of us fell in love with Baba from his 96 olympic performance. That was his peak. 8 years ago. Since then he has steadily declined.

Udeze on the other hand brings to the table what Baba does and more. First of all, he is a tought marker and wins just about every 50:50 ball despite his size. Baba on the other hand backpedals rather than contest for the ball. Udeze doesn't tire and hustles back when he overlaps. Baba spares his energy so he doesn't tire. Udeze takes on defenders when he pushes forward. Baba keeps it simple with elementary square or backward passes. The main negative for Udeze is his feisty nature which obviously has given him more than his share of cards.

Udeze is really the real deal at LFB. Make an honest appraisal when he starts against Benin and you'll have to agree.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Bull crap. I don't even believe the write-up. I say JUNK!!!