My opinion: Osaze will not start in the next game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
My opinion: Osaze will not start in the next game

Post by waka-man »

Neither should he.

He could be a super-sub.

The team should start as against SA. If Kanu is injured, Ikedia should get his place and Utaka should play up front with Jag. If Kanu is fit, he'll get his 60 minutes.

Udeze should also start on the bench.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

we have no reason to change a winning strategy...but this time i think he deserves more time and kanu deserves alot less...because kanu is useless...incase anyone was wondering why i think kanu deserves less time
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

I think Udeze should start - to give him a game before the quaters. Also, it'd be nice to see Osaze start on the right, to show us all what he can do in a full game. Ikedia can come on for him in the second half...
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Why change a winning formula?
To stop trying is to start dying
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

i would leave it as it is
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

should be left as is
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Kanu might be nursing an injury though. Blessing in disguise I say. Pair Utaka with JAg and start Osaze/Pius on the right.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Here we go puting extra pressure on a young player again... we never learn... let the broda come of the bench a la JAG in 2000ANC.. with fresh legs, it's easier to run past the tired defenders and give us instant offense from the bench... plus there's less pressure on him than the starters... However, he may start the next game cause Kanu may be knicked up... that, I wouldn't have a problem with.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

green4life wrote:Here we go puting extra pressure on a young player again... we never learn... let the broda come of the bench a la JAG in 2000ANC.. with fresh legs, it's easier to run past the tired defenders and give us instant offense from the bench... plus there's less pressure on him than the starters... However, he may start the next game cause Kanu may be knicked up... that, I wouldn't have a problem with.
U hit the nail on the coffin.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:Here we go puting extra pressure on a young player again... we never learn... let the broda come of the bench a la JAG in 2000ANC.. with fresh legs, it's easier to run past the tired defenders and give us instant offense from the bench... plus there's less pressure on him than the starters... However, he may start the next game cause Kanu may be knicked up... that, I wouldn't have a problem with.

Actually here is what I expect the starting Line Up to be:

-----------------------------Enyeama------------------------------------

George-------Yobo------------Okoronkwo-----------------Udeze

Utaka/Ikedia---Olofinjana--------Okocha---------------Ekwueme

----------------------------Kanu/Utaka-----------------------------------

----------------------------Aghahowa------------------------------------

I believe Ikedia will start if Kanu is injured. This will move Utaka to Kanu's position. Ekwueme will start on the left of the midfield with Garba Lawal the odd man out inspite of his excellent performance against RSA.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Jobo Bonito. I noticed how the team started playing with a rhythm reminiscent of Atlanta 96 after scoring the 3rd goal. What Nigeria needs now is the opportunity to strengthen their fluency on the pitch without the pressure of being eliminated. The Benin match presents that opportunity.The only way to consolidate this rhythm is to start with the same 11 . Osaze belongs on the bench especially now that Agali and Yakubu have gone home. I didn't see why those two were there in the first place - their big boy status was always going to make it difficult to sit them on the bench. It would have been great if we got the younger payers like ileagu, Nworgu and Uche Ugochukwu who had played in so many friendlies and done well instead of these wastepipes.
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

My formation against Benin

.......................................Enyeama....................................................

Seyi..............Okoronkwo............Yobo...........................Udeze....
...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
Aghahowa...................................Okocha...................................Lawal
.............................Utaka.............................Ozaze...............................
.....................................................................................................................................................Kanu................................................

Aghahowa will run in against the defense from the right. Utaka will soften up the defense for him by tormenting them and doing a 1-2-1-2 with Aga. Lawal can run against the defense and free up Osaze for 1-2-1-2 and can cross the ball from the left for Osaze to shoot into the net with a one time shot. Osaze has excellent ball control skills and will trap the ball or shoot it without waiting to trap it. While it is still rolling to him, his legs are waiting to bulalah the ball into the net. If space is choked up, he can pass the ball to Kanu or Aga who would have run into the box 18 area. If we can use this formation and we attack from the start, Benin will regret ever coming for the ANC
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

in my opinion the team that finished the match should start the next game,young players fresh and hungry
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Nice one Waka-Man. Only in naija where no long term planning is in place and everything has to be done quick quick. If Ozaze starts coming off the bench and doesn't produce the same people who called for him to start will be the same ones bashing him at will naija style...
Soldier of Fortune...
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Chief Bambostic wrote:I think Udeze should start - to give him a game before the quaters. Also, it'd be nice to see Osaze start on the right, to show us all what he can do in a full game. Ikedia can come on for him in the second half...

You guys have started counting chickens again...abi? We never learn. Which quarters? Hmm...if we are not serious with those guys, we'll be talking about quarter to ten, when the the eagles plane will be leaving Tunisia.

Q