Enyimba register 30 for 2004 season •Champions League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Oluwole Josiah, Abuja - Punch today.

African Champions League winners, Enyimba Football Club of Aba, have started processing the registration of their players for the 2004 edition of the competition.

The team’s National Coordinator, Mr. Darlington Azubuike, was at the Nigeria Football Association Secretariat on Monday to submit a list and documents of 30 players for registration for the competition.

Azubuike told our correspondent that the list was subject to adjustments within the period of grace still remaining before the deadline for registration.

For this reason, the coordinator said it would not be possible to make public the list of players to be submitted.

According to him, some of the players who are out of the country for trials are not included, but may be included in the last minute if it turns out they cannot strike a deal with foreign clubs.

Azubuike was sure that the departure of some of the players would not affect the defence of the trophy, as there were enough of good players available to take their places.

He, however, noted that the players leaving for foreign clubs had been told to call as soon as it became clear that they could not sign contracts with the clubs.

He also explained that such a call would enable Enyimba make changes to accommodate them in the Champions League squad.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Did Enyimba sign the two Ismaila players, they claimed to be after (I think Toure abi na Traore and one other player)?
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

To date hey have signed Ejiogu, Ishola Shuiabu (perhaps the star of the Nigerian league) and Oge Eliagu. They have also signed a player from Benin whose name I now cannot remember.

They'd better sign some more players because I cannot see Orjinta, Nwaneri, Ogunsanya, Frimpong and Ezeji being around for long.
Kaizer
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaizer »

wiseone,
Is that Ejiogu as in Chijoke Ejoigu(Berger Keeper)

Dele Dele Aiyenugba needs to leave Enyimba to grow.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Kaizer wrote:wiseone,
Is that Ejiogu as in Chijoke Ejoigu(Berger Keeper)

Dele Dele Aiyenugba needs to leave Enyimba to grow.
Just to confirm that Enyimba has raided Julius Berger and signed their first choice goal keeper and their best midfielder.