we are all hypocrites & we will be punished too

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omotori
Egg
Egg
we are all hypocrites & we will be punished too

Post by omotori »

when Martins again declined an invite (for the third or fourth time), WITH NO VALID REASON, the best excuse given on this board against the NFA taking action against him (i.e. a light suspension) was that there are other precedents for players refusing to appear for questionable reasons too. Hence saying it is OK to keep inviting him. Anyway we have seen Osaze. nobody begged him but some will continue to beg Martins for the fifth sixth & seventh time.

when Kanu gets permisiission to go to Tunisia but sneaks into Lagos to milk a cash cow, nothing happens & he gets his starting shirt, no action takem. hence a new precedent is set.

but when a bunch of guys sneak down to frollick with some babes in the same hotel, they are scape-goated, humiliated before the world & sent home. there are lots of precedents that show this punishment is too harsh. but again the excuse given on this board is the NFA must start somewhere.

if the NFA is going to start, why did they not start with Martins or Kanu or other prior incidents.

and even if they chose to start with Baba/Agali/Yak, what is the point of such a harsh punishment that is guaranteed to divide players & fans.

the clubs are looking at the NFA as fu.uls after begging the clubs to release the players, then they humiliate them. There is nothing new in what the players did. And such a heavy-handed punishment shows the NFA lacks consistency & was merely looking for scape-goats.
Enugu II
Re: we are all hypocrites & we will be punished too

Post by Enugu II »

omotori wrote:when Martins again declined an invite (for the third or fourth time), WITH NO VALID REASON, the best excuse given on this board against the NFA taking action against him (i.e. a light suspension) was that there are other precedents for players refusing to appear for questionable reasons too. Hence saying it is OK to keep inviting him. Anyway we have seen Osaze. nobody begged him but some will continue to beg Martins for the fifth sixth & seventh time.

when Kanu gets permisiission to go to Tunisia but sneaks into Lagos to milk a cash cow, nothing happens & he gets his starting shirt, no action takem. hence a new precedent is set.

but when a bunch of guys sneak down to frollick with some babes in the same hotel, they are scape-goated, humiliated before the world & sent home. there are lots of precedents that show this punishment is too harsh. but again the excuse given on this board is the NFA must start somewhere.

if the NFA is going to start, why did they not start with Martins or Kanu or other prior incidents.

and even if they chose to start with Baba/Agali/Yak, what is the point of such a harsh punishment that is guaranteed to divide players & fans.

the clubs are looking at the NFA as fu.uls after begging the clubs to release the players, then they humiliate them. There is nothing new in what the players did. And such a heavy-handed punishment shows the NFA lacks consistency & was merely looking for scape-goats.

Omotori:

Sure, the NFA must start somewhere. I was one of those that called for the punishment of Martins and taking up of Bolton, Arsenal etc. Unfortunately, the nFa failed to take action and it will surely comeback to haunt Nigeria. However, that should not be enough reason not to take future action on violations.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

EII,
precisely but why start with such a harsh, divisive & publicly-humiliating punishment when there are other options.

and lets not forget at least two of these guys have wives at home. how can it be right to humiliate them in such a public way. these kinds of things happen every day in every sport but is dealt with in a much quieter way.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

omotori wrote:EII,
precisely but why start with such a harsh, divisive & publicly-humiliating punishment when there are other options.

and lets not forget at least two of these guys have wives at home. how can it be right to humiliate them in such a public way. these kinds of things happen every day in every sport but is dealt with in a much quieter way.

Omotori:

I will agree with you that the public disclosure of what had gone on is not okay but the punishment is not harsh in my opinion. The step needed to be taken. Now, what I will consider harsh is if those three were banned from playing for Nigeria for a year. However, dismissing you from a tournament is not harsh, in my humble opinion. It could have been worse. Remember this same NFA banned a few players FOR ONE YEAR from the U-23 for requesting "training bonus" (?).

Just an aside, "wow, I didn't know they had wives/". I guess they should have taken that into consideration before taken the type of actions that they got themselves involved in. If they were reasoning properly they would have known that they could be caught.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

the whole thing was bungled by CCC/NFA. the players can see it for what it is - scape-goating. it will come back to haunt us all.

this is not how you build discipline in a team. you cannot have discipline unless you have fairness & consistency.

its not too late for Kanu to be sanctioned/fined for defying the rules & going to Lagos for milk. but it will never happen. so much for discipline.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

omotori wrote:the whole thing was bungled by CCC/NFA. the players can see it for what it is - scape-goating. it will come back to haunt us all.

this is not how you build discipline in a team. you cannot have discipline unless you have fairness & consistency.

its not too late for Kanu to be sanctioned/fined for defying the rules & going to Lagos for milk. but it will never happen. so much for discipline.
You cannot go back to that. Iguess if you want then we should never punish players if the SE had never taken an action on Godwin Opara's escapades at the WC 1998. We may even go back further to the 1960s if I follow your logic. Only if we punish all the things in the past can we then justify punishing these guys. It does not work that way.

You simply have to start somewhere. Now if Kanu or Obafemi's actions came after this punishment and the NFA turns a blind eye then I can understand your logic. Not if they occured BEFORE the NFa decided to begin a stamp out of indiscipline.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

Not if they occured BEFORE the NFa decided to begin a stamp out of indiscipline.
if you think this happened because the NFA decided to begin to stamp out indiscipline (in the middle of a tournament - brilliant timing) then I have a bridge for you at Ojuelegba.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

omotori wrote:
Not if they occured BEFORE the NFa decided to begin a stamp out of indiscipline.
if you think this happened because the NFA decided to begin to stamp out indiscipline (in the middle of a tournament - brilliant timing) then I have a bridge for you at Ojuelegba.

Omotori:

I will gladly take the bridge at Ojuelegba. Thanks. :lol: :lol:
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

let me just say I would be disgusted in an NFA that continues to beg (for the fifth, sixth .. time) a player who has shown no interest in playing while TRUE PATRIOTS LIKE BABA, AGALI & YAK are scape-goated humiliated & abandoned for standard offence that happens in every sport in every club every day. meanwhile, a player (Kanu) who missed the whole Faro camp, meandered off to Lagos for a few days for milk money & is rewarded with a starting shirt.

GOOD LUCK BABA, YAK & AGALI. ALL WILL BE WELL. BY SCAPEGOATING YOU, THE NFA HAS MADE YOU HEROES. EVEN THE CROWD AT POMPEII WENT WILD WHEN YAK APPEARED.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Screw the NFA & CCC,i can guarantee if itw as Kanu & JJ this stuff would have been kept on the down low.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
cutmen
Egg
Egg

Post by cutmen »

CCC clearly has no form of respect for the three players. The matter should have been resolved privately. He need not have made it public. I bet you, that this was what did with Kanu after his milk round.

All he has managed to do is abuse his position and it shall back fire as the NFA shall only reward him with at best the sack or even worse a demotion for Mr Robsin after this competition is over.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

cutmen wrote:CCC clearly has no form of respect for the three players. The matter should have been resolved privately. He need not have made it public. I bet you, that this was what did with Kanu after his milk round.

All he has managed to do is abuse his position and it shall back fire as the NFA shall only reward him with at best the sack or even worse a demotion for Mr Robsin after this competition is over.
Which "Mr. Robsin" [sic]? Hopefully, not the same one that is suggling to keep Bradford in the second division?!
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

omey2k4 wrote:Screw the NFA & CCC,i can guarantee if itw as Kanu & JJ this stuff would have been kept on the down low.

Yeah...Favoritism 101...................na so dem dey do...we no go see betta with this attitude!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: