THE PUNISHMENT OF YAK, BABA & AGALI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

omotori wrote:MI5, no mind dem. I know exactly what you are saying. Also, the players are speaking up now. Even Yobo of all people condems the expulsion.

At this stage, I do not know how any reasonable person can look back & say it was the best decision to expul those rascals.
I don't know why you guys act surprised that the players are condeming the expulsion. What do you guys expect? Players will always supports their team mates no matter what. But that doesn't change the fact that rules were broken and punishments had to be dished out. The people in charge had to make a call and they did. You know it is amazing how players and even the general public of Naija fans are fighting for these guys and not even one of them have endevour to come out and make a public apology for their behavior. What a crying shame.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Charlie,
I have never been in the military but my limited knowledge of military training tells me that the objective of such training is to break the individuals individual identity and mould him into part of an effective fighting unit which works fine for killing other people. One of the last things you want from a group of footballers is fear, the thing you want most is confidence. Fearful people are not confident.
My feelings on the subject are not influenced by whether it was carried out by a foreign coach or local coach but by the simple fact that the particular form of punishment weakens the whole team.
I also detect from your tone and from others on this site that the punishment was deserved b'cos we lost the opening game.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

SCHILLACHI, Golden Boot winner

Forget this rotten maggot of a human being he is even worse than a hypocrite. He will say something turn around and lie about it so quickly even before the next seconds click. Trust me with anything related to CCC he lies so much you'll think Cows can really fly....

This is a devil who unfortunately calls himself a saint who not only wrote lies here but tried to steal and make up lies saying CCC won the U-17 in China'85, won the ANC in Tunis'94, CCC won the Atlanta'96 Olympics because his players played in it, made up lies that will make even CCC wonder who is doing this PR for him.... :roll: CCC has been involved with every glory that Naija has won in soccer... Yabbed Amodu during ANC in Mali 2002 and turns around to say he supported him wow, supported the appointment of Robson only to turn around to say he never did wow and i won't be surprised if he is back to his ways of saying something first then when the water reaches boiling point he changes his story... He even supported Baba Oni and comes around to yab him because he doesn't come from where he comes from shame....

SCHILLACHI, No worry he does this very well and i am surprised no politician has called him yet to make up lies for them... After the ANC he will tell us CCC wasn't there. This was a devil saint after the team lost to Morocco he went underground and only came out after they won... You can't leave CCC all alone by himself he needs you....

Cyber Saint wrote:
omotori wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:et u etu, IAG. Even you, IAG
I expected more from you, f'real. I mean, it's one thing to hear some airheads like Omotori blowing such hot air but to hear you condone such indiscipline is disturbing to say the least.
A rule that isn't gonna be enforced is useless. None of those 3 players is a dummy. They are professional and ought to do the right thing. If they cannot do such in their various clubs, I can't see why they would even think about it when playing for their country.

O pari
You are a double mouthed numbskull. When Ayo posted the info that the 3 players got re-instated, you started to hail Chukwu for making common sense prevail.. Now u don begin yan anoda tori..
Yo see, CyberSaints hypocricy knows no bounds

SCHILLACHI, have you contracted MI5 disease? You're twisting my words, and I don't think I like it.
I dare you to show me where I've EVER supported reinstating the 3 players. I've always maintained that the punishment fits the crime.
Please, locate the so called Ayo's thread and prove me wrong on this assertion. Thanks for your cooperation.
Soldier of Fortune...
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

MI5 wrote:Charlie,
It's very simple and i said what i have to say. You can quote me all you want it doesn't matter. The problem with guys like you is which is typical among naija's is you choose to do things only when you want to and not based on anything else. All this nonsense and all with players reporting to camp late, partying were all going on but CCC you love and NFA you choose to support decided to look the other way. Now all of a sudden things goes AWOL in camp and they try to show they are in charge, pls give me a break who do you think you could decieve with all you spinning and theory you are trying to add ot it? If you take time well to read my popst on this issue instead quickly trying to respond back without seeing things clearly i stated no one is above anyone in camp and all players should abide by the rules set but when you have a governing body who are career law breakers themselves and never really punished anyone from the get go and all of sudden they decide to take action then soemthing is wrong. What Cele, Agali and Yak did was wrong and i do not support it. But knowing naija there is more to this story than what those useless NFA officialas and their pad naija journalists are printing for the public to read and see on what happened behind the scenes.

You know what MI5, It is no longer any fun picking holes in your logic, because I am having problems even figuring out what point you are trying to make.

In the absence of any logic in your argument, I asked you two simple questions, giving you the opportunity to state your point clearly:
Charlie wrote:So are you suggesting that in the interest of consistency, the NFA should have let the Babayaro, Agali, Ayegbeni situation go unpunished?....Please respond to this question!
Charlie wrote:Just answer this simple question for me then MI5. When is the best moment to start clamping down on indiscipline like the kind showed by Celestine and the two others?

But obviously you are more interested that yapping away blindly than having a proper debate.
Take a hint from Its A Goal, and learn how to present your ideas, using your head and not your emotions.

But before I go, let me clarify one of statements. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to agree with someone, without having to support them blindly. In other words, because I agree with CCC & the NFA's actions in this instance, doesnt mean I always take their side. Can you say the same for yourself? When was the last time you actually agreed with the NFA or CCC? Or are they always at fault in your eyes? Is it just possible that sometimes, they could be right and you are just to blinded by anger to admit it?

I assure you it is possible agree and disagree with someone over different issues.

Its called objectivity and you could do with a good dose of it.

Any, I am through arguing with you, dont bother answering the questions, you obviously have already made up your mind about the whole issue, lets just leave it at this...Case Closed!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Charlie,

I can't even understand your points because you only base your points on current events. I talk and write from an overall point of view. The reason you don't understand what i am writing here is because just like others you only see things from you own perspective and nothing else. When things like this happens i look at everything from top to bottom, but seeing how you and others have debated on this issue it shows where you stand on it. Hey it's an open forum where opinion and views will always differ but the fact remains CCC, Ogunjobi, Galadima and the whole entire setup needs a overhaul themselves. If you can't understand that part then to bad stay away from my postings it's that simple. Afterall i can't tell you not to support NFA and CCC since you guys can't stand for anything except trying to twist things all over.. to much theory on this issue doesn't reflect the overall matter on what happened or took place behind the scenes....

charlie wrote:
MI5 wrote:Charlie,
It's very simple and i said what i have to say. You can quote me all you want it doesn't matter. The problem with guys like you is which is typical among naija's is you choose to do things only when you want to and not based on anything else. All this nonsense and all with players reporting to camp late, partying were all going on but CCC you love and NFA you choose to support decided to look the other way. Now all of a sudden things goes AWOL in camp and they try to show they are in charge, pls give me a break who do you think you could decieve with all you spinning and theory you are trying to add ot it? If you take time well to read my popst on this issue instead quickly trying to respond back without seeing things clearly i stated no one is above anyone in camp and all players should abide by the rules set but when you have a governing body who are career law breakers themselves and never really punished anyone from the get go and all of sudden they decide to take action then soemthing is wrong. What Cele, Agali and Yak did was wrong and i do not support it. But knowing naija there is more to this story than what those useless NFA officialas and their pad naija journalists are printing for the public to read and see on what happened behind the scenes.

You know what MI5, It is no longer any fun picking holes in your logic, because I am having problems even figuring out what point you are trying to make.

In the absence of any logic in your argument, I asked you two simple questions, giving you the opportunity to state your point clearly:
Charlie wrote:So are you suggesting that in the interest of consistency, the NFA should have let the Babayaro, Agali, Ayegbeni situation go unpunished?....Please respond to this question!
Charlie wrote:Just answer this simple question for me then MI5. When is the best moment to start clamping down on indiscipline like the kind showed by Celestine and the two others?

But obviously you are more interested that yapping away blindly than having a proper debate.
Take a hint from Its A Goal, and learn how to present your ideas, using your head and not your emotions.

But before I go, let me clarify one of statements. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to agree with someone, without having to support them blindly. In other words, because I agree with CCC & the NFA's actions in this instance, doesnt mean I always take their side. Can you say the same for yourself? When was the last time you actually agreed with the NFA or CCC? Or are they always at fault in your eyes? Is it just possible that sometimes, they could be right and you are just to blinded by anger to admit it?

I assure you it is possible agree and disagree with someone over different issues.

Its called objectivity and you could do with a good dose of it.

Any, I am through arguing with you, dont bother answering the questions, you obviously have already made up your mind about the whole issue, lets just leave it at this...Case Closed!
Soldier of Fortune...
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

toyin133 wrote:Charlie,
I have never been in the military but my limited knowledge of military training tells me that the objective of such training is to break the individuals individual identity and mould him into part of an effective fighting unit which works fine for killing other people. One of the last things you want from a group of footballers is fear, the thing you want most is confidence. Fearful people are not confident.
My feelings on the subject are not influenced by whether it was carried out by a foreign coach or local coach but by the simple fact that the particular form of punishment weakens the whole team.
I also detect from your tone and from others on this site that the punishment was deserved b'cos we lost the opening game.
I hear you toyin and trust me, neither should you want fear to be the dominating emotion, even in a military unit.

Fear on its own is of no use as it paralyses the senses and impeeds judgement. In the military, Fear only proves its use when it can be channeled positively other emotional attributes, like humility, caution, respect for the enemy, and most importantly, a constant awarness of ones own limitations.

All these are positive elements that allow you to maintain an upper edge in very even combats.

I argue that the same applies to football, because the character traits I mentioned, humility, caution, mutual respect and self awarness are all attributes of great footballers and great teams.

In my humble opinion, those three players obviously lacked these characteristics, otherwise they wouldnt have done what they did.

Now, it all depends on how the NFA and the coach decide to manage things from now on. They have succeed in installing a level of fear that can help the team maintain their focus. But fear on its own as I said before can have a very negative effect.

PS: From what I heard, the NFA forgave the players and asked them to continue with the team, but the players had already left with Porthsmouth private jet. I think the players concerned have shown that humility and the ultimate outcome of the tournament doesnt take priority over their pride, so I say, let them go and show no regret over the incident.

The Show Must Go On