Lawal and Ekueme are CRAP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Maybe they should both have gone charging forward and allowed the opposition to attack down their flank and score a few goals. Surely, that would count as good play in some peoples' books.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Playa and Chima, I guess your idea of a good midfielder is someone that dribbles aimlessly, puts his head down and runs at pipul, tries to show he has skill at every opportunity?

For the first time in a long time, they actually played guys that UNDERSTOOD their roles...

Nah Wah!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Some people never seize to amaze me. We did not concede a goal, we were much betterthan our first game. Lawal and Ekueme did what was required of them, but someone is not happy about their offensive play.

If you're not happy with these 2 guys because of their offensive play, how do you feel about the offensive play of the strickers?

We should look at it as a plus that none of our strickers scored and we still end up with 4 goals, but no: Not Nigerians. There will always be one form of critisnm or another as fi our opponents are not human. They don't deserve to win games either.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

We should look at it as a plus that none of our strickers scored and we still end up with 4 goals, but no: Not Nigerians. There will always be one form of critisnm or another as fi our opponents are not human. They don't deserve to win games either.

Is that a plus? abi a big minus....If midfielders and defenders are comming to score then u knnow there is real Wahala on the team. That means somebody is doing more work than they are supposed to and somebody is doing less i.e kanu...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Abi lawal still de for SE

Post by ANC »

that man must have some powerful God Father for that una country.
Me i know say i better pass that guy!
Larry Ashagbe
Re: Lawal and Ekueme are CRAP

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Player wrote:I saw the game yesterday and most people in this forum are saying how good Lawal and Ekueme was, but i am not sorry 2 say, they both were crap, the only reason they looked good was that SA did not exploit that left side, they based most on their attacks on straight long balls from defence, Lawal had about 4 or 5 chances to deliver good balls into the box, but the guy cant even cross, yes he did some hustling, but only cos he new this was his last tournament for naija, Ekueme was also crap, every time he got the ball he had so much space to run and make the cross, but the angel* turned back and passed it to okocha, every single time, trust me if we play against bigger teams and we cant exploit the wings, we will fall, did u all notice how most of our chances came from the right? if our left is not used as well, we will be in for a surprise
You critisism is a bit harsh but you are entitled to your opinion.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Nobody expect them to be charging forward especially lawal. But if he finds himself in an advance position near the corner flag and there is room to cross shouldn't he put a good cross in? He is already forward anyway? Why pass back all the time? If he knows he will be passing back why get to that advance position in the first place? I can understand that of Lawal because he was a left back, but that of Ekweame was just annoying. I also didn't see Ekweame win any tackle.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

I think ekeueme was playing a cautious game...he didn't want to make silly mistakes...basically he was trying to maintain his starting position...if only the man could get some of osaze's confidence...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Chima
Egg
Egg

Post by Chima »

Blakes wrote:I think ekeueme was playing a cautious game...he didn't want to make silly mistakes...basically he was trying to maintain his starting position...if only the man could get some of osaze's confidence...

Ekwueme kept making errant passes, perhaps due to his being overly cautious. Hopefully he improves as we move forward.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I can't remember a single dangerous attack by South Africa down our left flank. That was as water tight as I've seen any flank for Nigeria in years, if not ever. After a while, SA stopped even bothering.
Case closed.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

ekwueme had a good game, lawal did his job