Duncan Ferguson is he a racist ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Duncan Ferguson is he a racist ?

Post by skillful »

I heard he was amotaxi best mate at everton and even attended amo's wedding.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 68,00.html

ANGRY ... Luis Boa Morte will take on Duncan Ferguson

RACE ROW SHOCKING SOCCER
• He's not human
• Pain of Dunc victim
• He's a nutter, not a racist

EXCLUSIVE

I'll sue 'racist' Dunc

By MARK IRWIN

LUIS BOA MORTE will sue Everton hitman Duncan Ferguson if the FA fail to act on his allegation of racist abuse.

And Fulham have pledged to back their striker in his fight for justice.

Boa Morte claims he was called a “black ****” during the FA Cup clash at Goodison Park last Sunday.

Ferguson vehemently denies the allegation.

Fulham boss Chris Coleman said: “If Luis said this happened, then I’m in his corner 100 per cent.

“It’s a very serious allegation and there’s no way he is going to make up something like this to cover his own back.

“He is an emotional type of guy who is very passionate about his football and gets into a little bit of trouble on the pitch.

“We found out about this last Monday and have been trying to get to the bottom of the matter ever since.

“To be honest, we tried to persuade Luis not to talk about it until we had got all the information.

“I don’t think having this matter blasted all across the papers is the right way to go about it.

FERGUSON ... centre of race row

“But that is out of our hands now. It’s out there and we have to deal with it.

“The danger now is that this will only fuel bad feeling ahead of next week’s replay. And the last thing we want is another incident.

“I’ll make sure my players don’t react in the wrong way.”

The claims came just days after Boa Morte, 26, was charged with misconduct by the FA for inciting Everton fans during the Premiership clash at Loftus Road three weeks ago.

The Portuguese international has a history of confrontation with the Merseyside club.

Yet Coleman insists he has no intention of leaving the tricky winger out of next week’s potentially explosive fourth round rematch.

He said: “I don’t see why I shouldn’t pick him. If it’s true that these things have been said to him, it’s not his fault. So he’ll play.”

FA chiefs were still waiting for Fulham to make a formal complaint yesterday afternoon but will write to Boa Morte asking for an explanation of his comments.

Everton refused to comment on Friday.

But a spokesman for Ferguson said: “Anybody who really knows Duncan knows that he would never say anything like that.”
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

He was Amo's best man at his marriage.

One of Yobo's best mate at EFC.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

i dont think the guy is a racist, Boamorte is known 2 be a pain in the a**
Last edited by Player on Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

I severely doubt it.
He was probably calling Boa Morte "crap ****" :mrgreen:.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Dont pull out that tired hack line about who is friends with who. So what?

The world is full of white people who have black friends and have not problem pulling out the "n-word" when required. Just like there are black people with white friends who have no problem using the word "cracker" or "white bla bla ba" when they get pissed off. Including many people on this very forum.

Hell, even Lee Boeyer is a court-confirmed racial brutalizer and he has black friends. Apparently didn't stop him from participating in racial gang violence.

Duncan Ferguson may well have said what he is accused of. Abi you think Boa Morte has nothing better to do that run around making false accusation of race - in the newspaper and to the FA no less?

Go to Portugal - where the guy is from - and you will see racism that makes England look like utopia. Boa Morte is far from naive about this. For Boa Morte to come out in public with such a thing, I feel pretty certain that there has to be a good grounds for it.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Ziontrain, tell dem.

When a man makes a racist remark, why is it that we black folks defend oyibo, and immediately doubt the accuser? :shock: :shock:

Colo-mentality still dey!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Duncan Ferguson is a violent thug and in the past served a three month prison sentence for assualting a fellow professional player during a football game (when he played for Glasgow Rangers) becoming the first professional player to jailed for an offence committed on the pitch.

A lot of players think it is acceptable banter to use racially inclined abuse while playing, so I would not be suprised given his history if he done this.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."