Did we ever loose to Togo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
Did we ever loose to Togo

Post by Player »

I seem to remeber us loosing 1-3 to Togo in Lagos some years ago but i am not sure, can someone give me more information
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

they used juju but i think the game was played in togo
Egg

Post by DaNinja »

Yes we lost 2-5 and the Goal keeper was christened Agbonibasket after that game!
I come in peace....
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

this one was about 6 or 7 year ago in Lagos
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I remember watching that game and it was a game Nigeria totally dominated.In the 2nd half we had like 23 corners and 0 for Togo.JJ Okocha played in that game,Duke Udi & Wilson Oruma also played that game.I think that game spelt the end of Emmanuel Babayaro because he was at fault for some of the goals.We scored first but they went ahead and scored 3 goals in the last 15 mins.The game was played in Nigeria.it definately was a shocking loss.People thought we were gonna flop so bad because when the Dream team played 3SC of Ibadan they outclassed our dream team.Dream team won that game 2-0 but great saves by Dosu helped him get into the team.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Cyber Saint wrote:YIPPPEEEEE

The Patriots 7 The Panthers 0

And there's still a long way to go

:?: :?: :?: :?: Na wa for u
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

People thought that we were going to be dumped out of Atlanta 1996 because the loss happened shortly before he start of the competition.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Omey2K

yeah i think its that the one, i remeber duke Udi wa pretty good, he had on white boots, and i think the third goal they scored was a 1 on 1, anywayz Benin can do the same if we dont take care
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

DaNinja wrote:Yes we lost 2-5 and the Goal keeper was christened Agbonibasket after that game!
heheheheh just like zimbabwe keeper! hehehehehe
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

i remember watching a game back in '88....Chuwkwu kept. it was to get us into the 88 olympics...we beat them 2-0, i must say togolese play well. this is the only account i remember but we have clashed a lot............ :wink:
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

6 or 7 years ago would make it it 1997 or 1998. We never played Togo. Check your Calendar, we did not. And you can take it to the bank. However, in 1996 the under 23 team that won the Olypics played their last friendly match before leaving for the US and they lost 2-3 to Togo. Bonfre Jo did not want them to play because several players including Amunike had a flu.
Gotti
Re: Did we ever loose to Togo

Post by Gotti »

Player wrote:I seem to remeber us loosing 1-3 to Togo in Lagos some years ago but i am not sure, can someone give me more information
The Atlanta Olympics-bound U-23 team (with the full complement of West, Okechukwu, Babayaro, Kanu, Dosu, Babangida, Amokachi, etc) lost to Togo 1-3 in Lagos in the final warm-up friendly before the 1996 Olympics Games.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

The Atlanta Olympics-bound U-23 team (with the full complement of West, Okechukwu, Babayaro, Kanu, Dosu, Babangida, Amokachi, etc) lost to Togo 1-3 in Lagos in the final warm-up friendly before the 1996 Olympics Games.
Ah kanu ...when i hear kanu and Atlanta 96 in the same sentence i get all warm and tingly inside...when i hear kanu and ANC in the same sentence i get pissed and start looking for a Kanu shriner to attack :evil:
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
odobolawin
Egg
Egg

Post by odobolawin »

The super eagles (Green Eagles) also lost to Togo in the 80s , this was when Chief Onigbinde was first in charge , I believe the coach of Togo was at that time a fomer coach of Julius Burger of Lagos :lol:
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

odobolawin wrote:The super eagles (Green Eagles) also lost to Togo in the 80s , this was when Chief Onigbinde was first in charge , I believe the coach of Togo was at that time a fomer coach of Julius Burger of Lagos :lol:
From what i remember SE beat Togo 9-1 in Lagos and by a wide margin in Lome. This was during the 80s. I cant recall any SE team losing to Togo in the 80s and 90s. Apart from the friendly match which was not SE, it was our olympic team.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

dem use drink garri
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Togo beat us 5-2 in the early-mid 80s in the inaugural WAFU Nations Cup held in Ivory Coast I think. It was during one of those numerous 're-building' periods.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did we ever loose to Togo

Post by omey2k4 »

Gotti wrote:
Player wrote:I seem to remeber us loosing 1-3 to Togo in Lagos some years ago but i am not sure, can someone give me more information
Gotti i remember watching that game and West ,Uche,Kanu,Dosu and Amokachie never played that game.Emmanuel Babayaro was the goal keeper in that game(vs Togo).Joseph Dosu never made the U-23 team until they played 3SC in a friendly before heading to Atlanta.Joseph Dosu's peformance against 3SC granted him the U-23 shirt as the 2nd choice goalie.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Togo beat Nigeria 5-2 in the mid-eighties
that game was a WAFU cup match i think
Wilfred Agbonavbare was in goal and that was the match that changed his name to Agbonivbasket
fadatiko
Egg
Egg

Post by fadatiko »

I hope you don't think Togo and Benin si the same country. More importantly I hope CCC does not think so.