Westerhof Tips Eagles for Cup Glory

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Westerhof Tips Eagles for Cup Glory

Post by Shownoja »

http://www.thisdayonline.com/news/20040202tun01.html

Former Super Eagles coach Clemens Westerhof believes that the team is now good enough to go all the way to repeat the feat of the last team he took to Tunisia and win the cup.

Commenting on the performance of the Eagles after they whitewashed South Africa 4-0 Saturday to jump start their Nations Cup campaign, Westerhof said they showed their true character, which was conspicuously missing in the opening match defeat by Morocco.

"Ha, they showed that they are in Tunisia for business. I told you in the first match they did not play with any character or fight but now they did and you can see the result 4-0!"

He also backed Christian Chukwu's decision to expel the players from camp insisting that without discipline the team would not be able to do well in the competition.

"You need discipline to be able to get the best out of the team. No discipline. No team!"

Westerhof, who was the first coach to qualify Nigeria for the World Cup at USA'94, was also full of praise for two-goal hero Osaze Odemwingie describing him as a 'very good player'.

The Dutchman, who said he angered South African TV when he was asked if the Bafana Bafana could end their losing streak against Nigeria and he told them no.

"They (South African TV) were very angry with me when I was asked if their team could beat the Eagles and I replied no that they would lose 3-0!"

He said he latter celebrated the win at a local pub near his Cape Town house with some other Super Eagles supporters.

On Nigeria's chances in the competition should they come up against the defending champions Cameroon in the quarter final, Westerhof's reply was short and sharp: "No problem!"

According to the Dutchman, Chukwu was his former assistant and as such would know what to do to win.

"Chukwu was with me at Faro. I think has prepared the team right, they have the right players and more importantly the attitude has improved. Should they play like they did against South Africa I can't see them losing to Cameroon. But first they have to reach the quarter finals!"
To stop trying is to start dying
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

this guy na passenger. when the going was bad, he was bad-mouthing CCC, and saying he needs a boss, but now, CCC is good. the team is good, and can get to heaven. he's a crazy man.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Take this story with a pinch of salt.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Westerhof come to our rescue after ANC
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

cchinukw wrote:Westerhof come to our rescue after ANC
i am actually thinkin we shud give the guy a post as director of football ...
NaijaOlu
Egg
Egg

Post by NaijaOlu »

Which of these Naija Journalist is on Westerhof's Payroll ?
He's getting too much attention.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

The story was decorated and presented by Cybersaint and Ezechukwuorjinta.......Any story that will make CCC look good is the hand writing of the two CCCAmigos.....trust me.....
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

every tom d#$% and harry have their rationale
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

suck-up