The Egyptian Referee on Saturday.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Makanaky
Egg
Egg
The Egyptian Referee on Saturday.

Post by Makanaky »

I thought this guy was supposed to be one of Africa's best? Well he made 2 horrible decisions that tipped the scale in the game. The penalty awarded in favour of Kanu and the one denied Zuma at the other end. Overall though the standard of referee's has improved.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

The referee is from U.A.E and he is one of FIFA's best referees. What the defender did was wrong and if you guys have been following and listening to the game long enough, referees and FIFA are clamping down on plays like handling the ball if the referee doesn't blow is uncalled for..
Soldier of Fortune...
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

MI5 wrote:The referee is from U.A.E and he is one of FIFA's best referees. What the defender did was wrong and if you guys have been following and listening to the game long enough, referees and FIFA are clamping down on plays like handling the ball if the referee doesn't blow is uncalled for..
The guy is from Egypt of this I am sure. So what about the decision against Zuma?
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Robbynice
Re: The Egyptian Referee on Saturday.

Post by Robbynice »

Makanaky wrote:I thought this guy was supposed to be one of Africa's best? Well he made 2 horrible decisions that tipped the scale in the game. The penalty awarded in favour of Kanu and the one denied Zuma at the other end. Overall though the standard of referee's has improved.
Ol'boy we have beaten this issue dead. Where have you been? Anyway the Penalty awarded to Nigeria was a penalty. There is no two way about it. The one not called against Nigeria was questionable but please no Cameroonian should come in here with a straight face and start complaining about officials. Maroc 88 final still comes to mind when you talk about bad officiating. Not only was the mesmerizing and scintillating goal scored by Henry Nwosu for Nigeria disallowed but also a foul, which happened outside the 18-yard box, was called a penalty for Cameroon. Please don't get me started. :x
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Robbynice wrote:
Makanaky wrote:I thought this guy was supposed to be one of Africa's best? Well he made 2 horrible decisions that tipped the scale in the game. The penalty awarded in favour of Kanu and the one denied Zuma at the other end. Overall though the standard of referee's has improved.
Ol'boy we have beaten this issue dead. Where have you been? Anyway the Penalty awarded to Nigeria was a penalty. There is no two way about it. The one not called against Nigeria was questionable but please no Cameroonian could come in here with a straight and start complaining about officials. Maroc 88 final still comes to mind when you talk about bad officiating. Not only was the mesmerizing and scintillating goal scored by Henry Nwosu for Nigeria disallowed but also a foul, which happened outside the 18-yard box, was called a penalty for Cameroon. Please don't get me started. :x
Listen to yourself this is 2004 and you are talking about 1988, I wasn't even born then. :lol:
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

He is from U.A.E you don't even know where he is from. Zuma shouldn't be holding on to the ball players are doing that nowadays and it has to stop one way or the other.... That practice has to stop.

Makanaky wrote:
MI5 wrote:The referee is from U.A.E and he is one of FIFA's best referees. What the defender did was wrong and if you guys have been following and listening to the game long enough, referees and FIFA are clamping down on plays like handling the ball if the referee doesn't blow is uncalled for..
The guy is from Egypt of this I am sure. So what about the decision against Zuma?
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Culled from the BBC....

Nigeria: 1-Vincent Enyeama; 2-Joseph Yobo, 5-Isaac Okoronkwo, 15-George Abbey; 11-Garba Lawal, 10-Austin Okocha, 14-Seyi Olofinjana, 7-John Utaka, 4-Nwankwo Kanu (20-Peter Odemwingie 67); 21-Ifeanyi Ekwueme, 17-Julius Aghahowa (13-Pius Ikedia 84)

South Africa: 16-Emile Baron; 2-Thabang Molefe, 3-Jacob Lekgetho, 4-Aaron Mokoena, 7-Mbulelo Mabizela; 13-Benson Mhlongo (8-Bennett Mnguni 46), 19-John Moshoeu (11-Jabu Pule 86), 18-Delron Buckley, 15-Sibusiso Zuma (10-Stanton Fredericks 74); 14-Siyabonga Nomvete, 21-Patrick Mayo

Referee: Ali Bujsaim (United Arab Emirates)
Soldier of Fortune...
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

MI5 wrote:He is from U.A.E you don't even know where he from. Zuma shouldn't be holding on to the ball and others like that. That practice has to stop.

Makanaky wrote:
Did you watch the game?I am talking about when Zuma was bought down in the Nigerian box, by okoronkow i think .
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Makanaky wrote:
MI5 wrote:He is from U.A.E you don't even know where he from. Zuma shouldn't be holding on to the ball and others like that. That practice has to stop.

Makanaky wrote:
Did you watch the game?I am talking about when Zuma was bought down in the Nigerian box, by okoronkow i think .
We can debate these decisions until we are bloue in the face but the fact remains that what is done is done. If you notice Makanaky, I have NEVER complained about refereeing decisions in 1988 or 2000.

Once a game is over, it is over.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yes i saw the game and it's a 50/50 call which went to the benefit of the attacker.

Makanaky wrote:
MI5 wrote:He is from U.A.E you don't even know where he from. Zuma shouldn't be holding on to the ball that practice has to stop.

Makanaky wrote:
Last edited by MI5 on Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The penalty call WAS NOT kanu's fault. I watched that replay over 10 times and you could clearly see him getting his left foot caught on the grass which caused him to trip. kanu was about 2 steps away from him
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

Makanaky wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Ol'boy we have beaten this issue dead. Where have you been? Anyway the Penalty awarded to Nigeria was a penalty. There is no two way about it. The one not called against Nigeria was questionable but please no Cameroonian could come in here with a straight and start complaining about officials. Maroc 88 final still comes to mind when you talk about bad officiating. Not only was the mesmerizing and scintillating goal scored by Henry Nwosu for Nigeria disallowed but also a foul, which happened outside the 18-yard box, was called a penalty for Cameroon. Please don't get me started. :x
Listen to yourself this is 2004 and you are talking about 1988, I wasn't even born then. :lol:

If you weren't born yet in 88 then you should not be talking soccer when people like Robby are talking soccer. Robby has been watching sccer since the early 50s. :lol:
Ikranky
Egg
Egg

Post by Ikranky »

I'm tired of hearing about the kanu penalty. Kanu did not touch the defender at all. Everybody should review that game before commenting.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Makanaky, Did You WATCH the game?

Kanu, did not touch the defender, the guy fell down and grabbed the ball anticipating a call... both the lines-man and ref did not call it a foul against Kanu because it was not a foul against Kanu... rather it was a deliberate handling of the ball by the defender... he should have been carded as well!

On the Yobo challenge... that should have been a penalty. No if, and or but about it... we got a break on that one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Kanu, did not touch the defender, the guy fell down and grabbed the ball anticipating a call... both the lines-man and ref did not call it a foul against Kanu because it was not a foul against Kanu... rather it was a deliberate handling of the ball by the defender... he should have been carded as well!
The real question I have about that play is..how on earth did Kanu allow that guy to just accelerate past him?
khalela

Post by khalela »

nanijoe wrote:
The real question I have about that play is..how on earth did Kanu allow that guy to just accelerate past him?
Please brother,be kind to him.Age is no more on his side so he can not sprint again 8) :lol:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Why are we arguing with makanaky, he was not born in 88 when Cameroon first stole the nations cup, how do we expect a dude that is under 16 years old no know anything about officiating? The dude is still in diappers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!