Berlin trial Ochei

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

qwerty
Egg
Egg
Berlin trial Ochei

Post by qwerty »

Berlin trial Ochei
Monday, 02 February 2004

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 68&cpid=22

Teams:

Hertha Berlin

Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin have taken promising Nigerian striker Michael Ochei on trial.
The forward has been in impressive form for his club side Enyimba this term and has now caught the eye of Berlin after a string of match-winning performances in the African Champions League.

Enyimba have reached the final of the competition, with Ochei having scored the winner in the semi-final.

No Nigerian club has won African's premier club competition for 35 years and Ochei's impressive performances could earn him a move to Europe.

The robust striker has scored two goals in a friendly for Hertha's reserves so far in his trial spell.

Hertha Berlin are currently languishing at the basement of Die Bundesliga and having scored a paltry 15 goals in 18 league appearances this term, the club are desperate to improve their goal-power.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

God be with him. Hope he secures a deal in the next 10 minutes before the window closes.
To stop trying is to start dying
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Berlin is going down this season. Dude will play in the Regional Liga if care is not taken. I wish him success in Berlin though. They are a decent team. Their forray in Europe must have affected their performance in the Bundesliga this year.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Berlin trial Ochei

Post by wiseone »

after a string of match-winning performances in the African Champions League.
that's a bit of an exaggeration....he hardly played and only got into the team because the two regular hit men (Joetex Frimpong and Victor Ezeji) were injured. He is yet another small and nippy striker with zero aerial threat. Aggressive little guy though....he's small but he has a fiery temper on him. I hope he makes it.

Enyimba's all conquering team continues to disintegrate.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

This story seesm to have been written PRIOR to the African CL finals, so how long has he been on trial and is it confirmed that he has been signed?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Dodo, I think it is recent, coz the Germans just had their winter break. I think his trial was in this period. Not sure though.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Ochei is back in Nigeria. This story was written weeks back.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Thanks for the clarification KOC
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

KOC thanks