HOW TO COPE DURING WORLD CUP '06

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
HOW TO COPE DURING WORLD CUP '06

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

It's not easy watching the World Cup with your country not participating. But I have found a trick that always works for me, i.e

Pick an African country and throw your 100% support behind them. If and when they lose, you jump to the next African country still left to support. Repeat this until we get to the 1/4 finals when there will be one African country left. Support them and let's hope Africa sends a team to the Semis. If all else fails, support Brazil. You can then brag to yourself that they have Blacks in their squad and you're one of them after all. It always helps.
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hehe, i like that

by your reckoning, the last WC must have been a supporter's disaster, as only 1 team went through to the KO phase.
But they did us proud, and if Bruno Metsu had used up his subs well, the Turkey game would have had a different outcome.

Anyway, onto '06.
Kenovski
Egg
Egg
Re: HOW TO COPE DURING WORLD CUP '06

Post by Kenovski »

General Ogolo wrote:It's not easy watching the World Cup with your country not participating. But I have found a trick that always works for me, i.e

Pick an African country and throw your 100% support behind them. If and when they lose, you jump to the next African country still left to support. Repeat this until we get to the 1/4 finals when there will be one African country left. Support them and let's hope Africa sends a team to the Semis.
Ol boy!! You've had a lifetime of practice eh? :lol: :lol:
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
refree
Egg
Egg
re

Post by refree »

Upper cut to General olodo :lol: :lol: :lol:
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

To limit the risk of a heart attack i always go into the world cup expecting african teams to be beaten while praying for the best. That way i dont get too disappointed

They excel when you least expect it Nigeria- Spain, Senegal- France and implode when you dont expect it Cameroon- Ireland

Supporting afrcan teams at the mundial should come with a health warning
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

tendai101 wrote:To limit the risk of a heart attack i always go into the world cup expecting african teams to be beaten while praying for the best. That way i dont get too disappointed

They excel when you least expect it Nigeria- Spain, Senegal- France and implode when you dont expect it Cameroon- Ireland

Supporting afrcan teams at the mundial should come with a health warning

Tendai101,

We are used to supporting African teams other than our own. Nigerians will have to learn again. I will be here to provide on-the-spot counselling while Angola meets Brazil, Spain etc...
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
Billybones
Egg
Egg

Post by Billybones »

I only pray that all African countries that qualify go there as a contenderz and not a pretenderz . There is nothing I hate more than an African country that is just happy they made it to the finalz, Allowing the Bloody Europeans to rape them anyhow and then the M**#%F***ing commentators + European coaches will start saying that Europe should get more spots at the expense of the naive NEGROES!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: HOW TO COPE DURING WORLD CUP '06

Post by paj »

General Ogolo wrote:It's not easy watching the World Cup with your country not participating. But I have found a trick that always works for me, i.e

Pick an African country and throw your 100% support behind them. If and when they lose, you jump to the next African country still left to support. Repeat this until we get to the 1/4 finals when there will be one African country left. Support them and let's hope Africa sends a team to the Semis.
...Olboy..quick question:Will Kenya ever make it into a FIFA Playstation Team List? :shock:
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Ogolo , i have to give it to you, you're one hell of a clown and comical relieve therapist
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln