Kanu and C . Oliseh are the Culprits

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kanu and C . Oliseh are the Culprits

Post by Talk IT »

This is not a fact but just my own opinion.
We all know kanu is very close to Martins. If you're Kanu would you advice Martins to go to the nations cup ? Absolutely not. The presence of martins in camp will stick Kanu's arse permanently on the bench since they are fighting for the same position.

Then we also have Churchill Oliseh who is obviously at loggerheads with the NFA. I admire him for discovering young talented players and sending them to europe but if this is the advice he is going to be giving them, he should be stopped. He is causing more problems than solutions.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Talk IT

For starters Kanu and Obagoal are not in direct competion. Kanu will land in Tunisia as a support striker/playmaker/attacking m/f. Martins on the other hand is a spearhead/finsher/goal poacher/pure no.9. CCC will start him on the bench and push Jag to the wing to add more fire power to the attack if need be.

Btw, If Martins features in Tunisia is will be more to do with Kanu than anyone else.

If the boy feels he is not ready to carry the weight of expectations of 100m soccer crazy fans then fine.

Churchill Oliseh doesn't feed Martins nor pay the boy's bills. In the same vein can not stand in Martin's way if he chooses to play for Nigeria. As much as the Everton gaffer wanted to sheild Rooney from playing for the national team, when it came down to it, he had no choice in the matter.

As sure as night follows day, Obagoal will lace his boots for Nigeria. You can that to the central bank of Nigeria.

It appears that a lot of people are trying to give a dog a bad name simply to hang it here.

Cheers
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

TIT,I feel Kanu,Julius and Martins can play at the same time.Kanu does better as an attacking midfielder and he is all Martins and Julius need to get the required goals for SE.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Guys why keep deceiving yourself? Kanu has been playing as one of the two striker for nigeria. Wether you call it support striker or attacking midfield, itdoesn't change anything. At the end of the day there will be two people upfront responsible for scoring goals. Do you see kanu listed in the midfield whenever the list is out? Please call a spade a spade. If Martins is in camp there will be a limited role for kanu.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Talk IT,

However you chose to look at it, Kanu or no Kanu, if Obagoal plays in Tunisia he will start the first 3 games on the bench and for the duration of the tournament be used as a super sub.

Kanu and Martins roles in the SE are mutally exclusive. QED

Cheers
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

If we loss or draw the first game there will be clamour for him to start the second game. Anyway i don't think any coach will leave such a player on the bench for long considering his expliots in inter
Mr Shows wrote:Talk IT,

However you chose to look at it, Kanu or no Kanu, if Obagoal plays in Tunisia he will start the first 3 games on the bench and for the duration of the tournament be used as a super sub.

Kanu and Martins roles in the SE are mutally exclusive. QED

Cheers
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Talk IT wrote:Guys why keep deceiving yourself? Kanu has been playing as one of the two striker for nigeria. Wether you call it support striker or attacking midfield, itdoesn't change anything. At the end of the day there will be two people upfront responsible for scoring goals. Do you see kanu listed in the midfield whenever the list is out? Please call a spade a spade. If Martins is in camp there will be a limited role for kanu.
I beg to disagree sir!Who else do you think we need in the midfield apart from Seyi,Jay Jay and Utaka/Obodo?
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

This post deserves the contempt it shall receive!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

RudeBoy wrote:This post deserves the contempt it shall receive!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

My take is KANU should be use the same way his Club uses HIM--15-20 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME--NO MORE NO LESS.
Talk IT, In one of your post you used the word Precedent--Well, Kanu in the Past 2 WC AND 2 ANC---He just can't put the ball in the net.
That is a Precedent the Coaches need to keep in thier thought Process.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Kanu can do a very goodjob of keeping the ball up when that is needed. I would take him to the ANC, but would keep him on the subs bench until the needs arise. He could also be useful with a team who is defending a lead and you need someone hovering around the area who can dribble players in tight spaces. JAG and Martins are not very good at this, for example, because they need wider, more open spaces.
Gotti
Re: Kanu and C . Oliseh are the Culprits

Post by Gotti »

Talk IT wrote:This is not a fact but just my own opinion.
We all know kanu is very close to Martins. If you're Kanu would you advice Martins to go to the nations cup ? Absolutely not. The presence of martins in camp will stick Kanu's arse permanently on the bench since they are fighting for the same position.

Then we also have Churchill Oliseh who is obviously at loggerheads with the NFA. I admire him for discovering young talented players and sending them to europe but if this is the advice he is going to be giving them, he should be stopped. He is causing more problems than solutions.
TALK IT:
Your thesis fails on both of its legs:

(1) Kanu is not "close" to Martins -- they apparently met just after the Inter v Arsenal game (when Martins crowed that he was a big fan of Kanu's); and

(2) Chris Obodo is also a "client" of Churchill Oliseh, but apparently has no trouble reporting to the national teams (Eagles and U-23).
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

The other part of the story is someone has asked him to drop before he plays for his fathers land. That is the bottom line.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Gotti wrote:

TALK IT:

(1) Kanu is not "close" to Martins -- they apparently met just after the Inter v Arsenal game (when Martins crowed that he was a big fan of Kanu's); and

(2) Chris Obodo is also a "client" of Churchill Oliseh, but apparently has no trouble reporting to the national teams (Eagles and U-23).
thanks for setting that straight....
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:The other part of the story is someone has asked him to drop before he plays for his fathers land. That is the bottom line.
yyyyyyyaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn :?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:The other part of the story is someone has asked him to drop before he plays for his fathers land. That is the bottom line.
yyyyyyyaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn :?
I was never aware that obodo was also using the same agent as Martins...I personally thought C.Oliseh was responsible... but considering Obodo has the opposite attitude towards playing for naija I guess Obagoal is on his own here
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

So much for TALK IT and his blank opinions.

Gotti, thanks for the enlightenment.
You are Your Own Dog
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Gotti, you're wrong.
Martins have told the world in various ways that kanu is his Idol. Obviously in major decision like this it is only appropriate to seek advice from your so called idol whom you esteem so highly. Or do you think they don't communicate via telephone?

Secondly, that Obodo came to camp doesn't mean Churchill Oliseh did not advice him otherwise. At the end of the day its the players that makes the final decision.
Gotti wrote:

TALK IT:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Yep, the same person that asked Okocha to "drop"... oh I get it, it must be the same person that asked Kanu to "drop"... Dude, get a freaking life!

An asinine story like this gets a run because someone will actually think that Kanu would ask Femi Martins not to show up because they are in direct competition for a spot? (Because Kanu is Femi's Dad?)

Femi opens his mouth (allegedly) and say's I am not ready to play for Naija... TalkIT and Co hears a whole different thing... It does not matter what the guy says... we are going to hear whatever we want to hear...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Ol'boy e be like say your head no dey house. Hear this and hear well. Martins or no Martins, Papillo will be in Tunisia.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Talk IT: What an opinion. What's next? Elvis is alive and he's the new Oba of Benin?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Thanks Gotti.
What baffles me here is that respected members of this board like IAG and Talkit, are the one peddling rumours with reckless abandon, without care or thought on the impact of their allegation on folks like Churchill and Kanu.
If you had to based your argument on conjectures why don't you just leave out name-calling! Haba!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Kanu should not be in the ANC squad if we are really serious about moving forward. He has gone to 2 ANCs and 2 World Cups and has done JACK other than flopping all over the field and slowing down the attack.

He is not a good support striker. He is too slow to keep up with Aghahowa. he is too lazy to get into the box consistently to create opportunities for himself.

I wouldn't even put him on the bench. Instead I would take his position and give it to a hungrier player like Nworgu.

Kanu holds a place in the SE based on Atlanta '96 memories and one good season at Arsenal. We need to keep up with the times and play players that can play consistently.