CCC sends out dead line

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

authority
Egg
Egg
CCC sends out dead line

Post by authority »

Report on Jan. 6 or forget Nations Cup * Chukwu gives Tunisia deadline to players, exempts Okocha & co.

By Onochie Anibeze
Tuesday, December 30, 2003

NFA Secretary-General Taiwo Ogunjobi is busy going round Nigeria asking players to report to their Faro camp for the Nations Cup in Tuinisia.
Coach Christian Chukwu appreciates that but he has fired a warning from Portugal.
“Except those playing in England, any player who does not arrive the camp on or before January 6 should forget the Nations Cup. I mean it and I will not receive players who report after that date. Only those in England are exempted because they are playing. I don’t have problems with those playing but they must still come in good time for us to blend.”
There are reports that the likes of Julius Aghahowa, Ifeanyi Udeze and a host of other big names are holidaying in Nigeria. They may deserve the winter break rest but Chukwu is saying that they have overstayed.
Chukwudi Victor Agali, according to Ogunjobi will join camp January 11. Christian Chukwu who had earlier wanted to visit Agali in Germany to ensure his return to Eagles welcomes him back but says that the January 11 is not acceptable to him. Agali told Ogunjobi that he would return to the Eagles after the NFA scribe met him in his FESTAC house on Sunday.
“Agali has a match on January 3. I think that he should report immediately after the match. It is important that they come now. I want them to train and play one or two friendly matches before we leave for Tunisia. I’ll not, therefore, receive players after January 6. That is my decision. Only players in England are exempted. There must be discipline and team work not stars who are no team.”
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :o :D :) :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :? cheii which kin deadline bi dis :lol: :D another Amodueque kind of deadline :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soldier of Fortune...
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

So if a player turns up after the 9th, they wont have the 50% off? CCC is becoming rutheless in his cap selling. A real businessman.
These guys better hurry up and get to Faro, unless they want to miss the January sale.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D cheii it's called the final sale before the team leaves for Tunis cheii :lol: efen me sef make i go hurry up before sale ends...

Eagle Winged wrote:So if a player turns up after the 9th, they wont have the 50% off? CCC is becoming rutheless in his cap selling. A real businessman.
These guys better hurry up and get to Faro, unless they want to miss the January sale.
Last edited by MI5 on Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is rubbish and to be expected from Goebells Onochie. I know the players have told the CCC and the NFA that they will show up according to the rules as stipulated in FIFA regulations. The players are the mercy of the clubs and they do not want to have their contracts terminated. Besides where were the NFA when they were looking for contracts?

CCC should also know that, the ten day break given to most of the players is exactly that - a break, it is not a holiday. It is a time to recharge their batterries. The players cannot go to Faro before the date as stipulated by FIFA without the clubs giving them the permssion to do so.

No point issuing threats, even when camp was held at Otta, the result has always been the same.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Waffiman,

CCC wan make us know sey e dey in charge while crooks like Anibeze will serve as servants...

Waffiman wrote:This is rubbish and to be expected from Goebells Onochie. I know the players have told the CCC and the NFA that they will show up according to the rules as stipulated in FIFA regulations. The players are the mercy of the clubs and they do not want to have their contracts terminated. Besides where were the NFA when they were looking for contracts?

CCC should also know that, the ten day break given to most of the players is exactly that - a break, it is not a holiday. It is a time to recharge their batterries. The players cannot go to Faro before the date as stipulated by FIFA without the clubs giving them the permssion to do so.

No point issuing threats, even when camp was held at Otta, the result has always been the same.
Soldier of Fortune...
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Good point. But beggers have no choice. If am a player i will make sure i get there on time for my own good. Who no wan play for nations cup?
Waffiman wrote:This is rubbish and to be expected from Goebells Onochie. I know the players have told the CCC and the NFA that they will show up according to the rules as stipulated in FIFA regulations. The players are the mercy of the clubs and they do not want to have their contracts terminated. Besides where were the NFA when they were looking for contracts?

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

IS Okoronkwo among the England based players who are still playing matches?
authority
Egg
Egg

Post by authority »

I seconded CCC because team wins games not talents alone . We discovered this against Ghana, Liberia then at Freetown when our big boys used to arrive a day before any game and still command a shirt. As a good player myself I will close the door to those players that are not doing anything at present. Udeze and company are now enjoying themselves at home .I remembered when Udeze was fighing for shirt , he used to be in camp before everybody : like Obodo is doing now.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ikwerreman: Isaac is still expected to be there at Wolves. He is a squad player who, apart from p[laying in reserves games, might be called up if there are injuries or suspensions.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

You don don forget sey now Udeze is now a "SENIOR PLAYER" :wink: he part of the big boys now... Times to do change...

authority wrote:I seconded CCC because team wins games not talents alone . We discovered this against Ghana, Liberia then at Freetown when our big boys used to arrive a day before any game and still command a shirt. As a good player myself I will close the door to those players that are not doing anything at present. Udeze and company are now enjoying themselves at home .I remembered when Udeze was fighing for shirt , he used to be in camp before everybody : like Obodo is doing now.
Soldier of Fortune...