Sacked players, not pardoned- GALADIMA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sacked players, not pardoned- GALADIMA

By china acheru
Contributing Editor
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Chairman of the Nigeria Football Association, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima says Celestine Babayaro, Victor Agali and Yakubu Aiyegbeni have not been pardoned.

After the match against South Africa, Sports Minister, Musa Mohammed said that the players would be pardoned after the game against Benin Republic, but in an interview with the football boss, Ibrahim Galadima declared that the players have not aplogised and there should not be talk of the boys been pardoned.

"I met the Minister after the match and he did not tell me anything about pardon for the boys.”

" They have not sent any letter of apology and it is only when we see a letter that we can even think of forgiving them for the offence for which they were punished.”

Ibrahim Galadima that every player must abide by the rules and regulations governing the camp and that the association did everything possible to make the boys obey camp rules.

Journalists and  football fans are waiting to see if the boys would actually be pardoned after the Benin
match as the three players have since left Monastir.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni on the reserve bench of Portsmouth in last Saturday in the 0-0 draw against Wolves.

Eagles move to Sfax

Players and officials of the Super Eagles Monday morning moved to Sfax, the venue of the last match against Benin,which comes up on Wednesday.

Coach Christain Chukwu has said that the team would train in the evening to get ready for the all important game.

The players are expected to get a feel of the Stadium and settle down to concentrate on the game which they must win by a large margin.
-----------------
Face saving from Galadima. Ifr the minister said they are pardoned they are. He is just embarassed because they told him to stuff his pardon and left.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

every day another dollar for the k leg the story takes
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

The boys were pardoned.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:The boys were pardoned.
As far as there is no concrete evidence, this remains purely in the realm of speculation.
To stop trying is to start dying
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Shownoja wrote:
As far as there is no concrete evidence, this remains purely in the realm of speculation.
Shownoja
Be a man and admit you're wrong on this one.
Okocha also said they were pardoned in his interview
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Talk IT wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Shownoja
There is a difference between an intention to pardon after the Benin game and an actual pardon. If you read what Galadima said you cannot come to any other conclusion but that there was no pardon. All we have is people saying the minister had an intention to pardon, even JJ's interview said that was his understanding.

The only direct quote to go by is that whcih came from Galadima and he said there was no pardon.

I hope that is clewar enough for you TalkIT
To stop trying is to start dying
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Pardon or no Pardon, bottomline is that they aint in Tunisia any longer and they are likely not going to be back any sooner.....end of tory!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Shownoja wrote:
Does that mean they will be going back to Tunisia?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Naija fan wrote:
Does that mean they will be going back to Tunisia?

not a chance!!!! They would never have left in the first place!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

How can you paardon someone who shows no remorse?
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

HAWKEYE wrote:How can you paardon someone who shows no remorse?
I wonder. Till tomorrow I am still waiting for them to issue a public apology if not to the NFA but to the fans.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

It's naijas loss.. :lol: :lol: What a waste? After Ogunjobi went begging all over the world, now this. we're back to square one.

LET THE EXPERIMENTS BEGIN..... CCC OYA,, ANY CAB DRIVERS IN TOWN? :(
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Shownoja,

When is NFA going to make you a board member? Pls let us know so we can celebrate with you....

Shownoja wrote:
Talk IT wrote:
Shownoja wrote:
Shownoja
There is a difference between an intention to pardon after the Benin game and an actual pardon. If you read what Galadima said you cannot come to any other conclusion but that there was no pardon. All we have is people saying the minister had an intention to pardon, even JJ's interview said that was his understanding.

The only direct quote to go by is that whcih came from Galadima and he said there was no pardon.

I hope that is clewar enough for you TalkIT
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

When is NFA going to make a grand apology for what they've done to naija soccer?

Robbynice wrote:
I wonder. Till tomorrow I am still waiting for them to issue a public apology if not to the NFA but to the fans.
Soldier of Fortune...
khalela

Post by khalela »

MI5 wrote:When is NFA going to make a grand apology for what they've done to naija soccer?

Robbynice wrote:
Bros,
For that one,we go wait until thy kingdom come oh!!They do not even feel like they owe us an apology and like the boys-they show no remorse!!!!