Can you feel it yet?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Can you feel it yet?

Post by waka-man »

Its coming.
I can feel it.
Not sure what it is, but it smells like a game on grass. African style.
I smell dust. Lots of it. I can hear runninig. Hard running. Big men, bigger muscles and even bigger hearts doing it the way only Africans can.

If you aren't getting heart flutters yet, you're a harder man that most - or you just don't get the magic of the occasion.

Why. I don't know, but my mind keeps going back to Marco 88. In arguably the best tourney of recent years, you probably don't remember Okwaraji's thunderbolt against Cameroun; you don't understand the magic of a marathon penalty shoot out between Nigeria and Algeria where the players, punch drunk from 120 are literally begging each other to miss and end the suspence; you didn't dance when Nwosu put the ball in the net in the final, only to find it had been disallowed for "off-side". You didn't scream blue murder when Cam got a penalty for a foul outside the box, to which even Milla seemed to be saying "non". Your heart didn't sink when the great man still put the ball comfortably past a flailing Rufai.

Or maybe you are taken by the stupid side shows; in which case you are missing the point. You see, what I'm feeling is bigger than what kit we're wearing. Its bigger than whether we camp in Faro or Aro. We're not gonna remember the Martins will-he-come-will-he-not-saga. We won't care whether Agali plays or not; whether Kanu breaks his duck or not; whether CCC invited 22, 42 or 102 players; whether he made the final list or whether it was sent in OBJ's handwriting; whether JayJay realises his destiny; whether we finally discover a keeper to deal with crosses; whether Jag plays centrally or on the right; whether we play 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or 1-2-3-4...

You can start as many threads as you like on each issue. Call each other names. Be a basher. Be a shriner. Be a bashing shriner, or even a shrining basher. Come up with 10 point strategies. Deisgn a better kit. It's your right, but I'll tell you, none of it really matters.

What matters then?

Only this. In just a matter of days, Africa's best, most willing, classiest amabassadors will get together to do their thing. It might not be the biggest show on earth, some of the football will be 2nd rate, naive defences will be breached, many refs will be sub-standard. Whatever. It sure as hell is the most exciting thing to come out of Africa, and, if there is one thng we Africans can do, it's "exciting". The thing is bigger than tribal strife and ethnic wars, its more importnat than Mugabe and Gadaffi, its outlived Mobutu, Abacha and Amin. Fights will stop; Enemies will call a truce and combatants will lay down their arms.

Because just under 9 months ago, the gods that make stars retired to their bedrooms to make love. So rest assured, soon, a star be born. Don't know who, don't know what country, don't know what position.

But I tell you, I can smell something, I can feel a weakeness in my bones, and even in this cold, wet british winter, i wake up at night in a hot sweat, dreaming I've just scored the winning goal on a dusty field in Umuahia.

It can only mean on thing: The Nations's Cup is coming.

Can you feel it?
Last edited by waka-man on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I can feel it coming :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

I can feel it!!

I can feel it!!!

I can feel it!!! :twisted:
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

hopefully this time we will see more goals scored, and they wont embarrass us with all that juju magic nonsense
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Waka man the only thing I am feeling presently is that the EPL has turned from a three-horse race to a two-horse one :mrgreen:
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Africa the GReat :twisted:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

I can feel it.

I can touch it.

It is coming ... :roll:
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

I can feel it o! Nervous fever dey catch me already!

Meanwhile, was it Roger that scored that penarity or was it Emmanuel Kunde? That was one of the most painful football moments along side Baggio's pen in 1994.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Anyone else feeling it yet?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I am feeling it like it was next to me. I am feeling it's breath on my shoulders, boy I am feeling it.
To stop trying is to start dying
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I can feel it, i dream it, i smell the BO and the brown grass, i see hard nuts spoiling for a bone crunching tackle, the heart is fluttering just like when a girl walks by with hard nipples

i cant wait, i cant wait, muscle spasms, colds, two week bereavement just some of the excuses i am thinking about to miss work
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I aint feeling nothing!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

omey2k4 wrote:I aint feeling nothing!
Na your selenge be that. :x

waka man, I can feel it and I can't wait. :)
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

PREACH IT BROTHER...I CAN FEEL THE SPIRIT MOVING.......though on a rather sad note i hope i can catch our opening match as i get my fellowship exams for leeds that day and man i hope say i go fit dash back to scarborough on time cos me i no trust all this british railing system
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
shola4la
Egg
Egg

Post by shola4la »

I sure can feel it!!!. I'm also looking forward to go to work 7 days a week so I can watch all the games LIVE !!!! on ART.

UP EAGUS!!.
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

I'm feeling it !

It's getting hotter every minute.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

:D :D :D :D

The Doctor wey go treat you no yet born.

Im feeling it and lovin it
omey2k4 wrote:I aint feeling nothing!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

The feeling is real.
who no know go know.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

My Generator just spoil for house.The back up sef Kolo yesternight.To fix am go cost plenty money.Now NLC wan start strike for Lagos.My generator repairer don tell me say na my wahala be that one.

Now, how will i watch the ANC?Cos NEPA dey go strike too!!!!!!!!!!

I can feel it though.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Boy i don feel sorry for you no be small. i beg go buy yasef soler powered TV, put it out in the sun all day and watch it at night. I beg remeber to keep one eye on it while you dey charge it :D :D

La Reussi wrote:My Generator just spoil for house.The back up sef Kolo yesternight.To fix am go cost plenty money.Now NLC wan start strike for Lagos.My generator repairer don tell me say na my wahala be that one.

Now, how will i watch the ANC?Cos NEPA dey go strike too!!!!!!!!!!

I can feel it though.

La Reussi
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I will not feel it till the end of my work week - which will be this Thursday!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I feel it!!!!!!!
Sangalo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sangalo »

U know I'm feelin' it Man; Kare, ride on, there's nothin like the way we do this game. "Emotion and passion growing stronger everyday. The skills on display; I can't believe my eyes. This is the way we love the world to play. Aller, Aller (Youssou N'dour)."
"You do me, I do you, God go vex well well O!"