Danger of complacency against Benin

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Look, as far as I am concerned, I hope the coach is drumming it into their heads that they have 4 must-winning matches to go. They have to keep that ferocity and determination and bury their chances. C'est finie. Right now, I don't care whom we play, all I know is that there are 4 victories to go before those boys can rest. They should all remember that. Play Benin like you are playing a World Cup final. If you beat them 8-0, fine. Just take it as practice. What would save us from other big teams is our ability to bury away chances and attack the game with ferocity and 110% determination. Each player, attacker or not, must learn to bury chances and score when they have the opportunity. If the Benin team are strong or not, we should take them seriously and play for every single second as if we are 2-0 down, even if we are leading by 10 goals.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

well said, my guy.
Unisol
Egg
Egg

Post by Unisol »

original skeepolah wrote:he was in his 40's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And he scored
Go Super Eagles - We taught the world to play Soccer.
BIG JAY
Egg
Egg

Post by BIG JAY »

Jimi wrote:Quick question, how old is kanu for real? Cos even the match commentators on Eurosport did not view him as a 90 min player anymore. If he is 27/28 like I think, he should be fitter and more active than he is right? At least I know when I turn that age in a couple of years, I should still be able to run up and down the field on the weekends. I think kanu will start, and then Osaze should come on at half time..Give that boy some playing time Mr Chukwu abeg..
Maami it's not about the age is about the mileage and lifestyle.
Kanu is a young kid. remenber, he just got facially mature in the last couple of years. even though he's young, he has played active soccer for at least 11 years, and remenber people respond to stress differently.
"pepper wey no pepper...., na Egusi"