Balde sounds confident of beating Mali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Balde sounds confident of beating Mali

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Balde hoping to stay

Tuesday, 03 February 2004

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 15&cpid=14

Bobo Balde has warned Celtic boss Martin O'Neill he is in no rush to hurry back to Glasgow from African Cup of Nations duty with Guinea.

The imposing stopper was reluctant to link up on international duty in Tunisia before the tournament started because of The Bhoys' run of games, but now seems determined to help Guinea all the way to glory.

Guinea have qualified for the quarter finals of the tournament for the first time since 1976 and he will now miss the Scottish Cup clash at Tynecastle against Hearts at the very least.

Balde told the Daily Record: "Everything is going well for Celtic and Guinea which is pleasing but I hope I will be out here for a little bit longer.

"It is 28 years since Guinea made it as far as this in the competition. You can imagine how pleased we were as well as the people of Guinea that we made it through the group stages."

Now Balde hopes his largely unfancied side can beat Mali.

He said: "There is no reason for us to have any fear ahead of the quarter final. We are a good team with great strikers and, who knows, maybe we can make it through to the semi-final."
fadatiko
Egg
Egg

Post by fadatiko »

Balde is right. I tip them to defeat Mali by the single goal.