cameroon 0- Egypt 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
cameroon 0- Egypt 0

Post by marko »

o-0 so far
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1307: Mboma misses a golden opportunity when Geremi's free-kick is flicked on inadvertently by Egyptian defender Abdel El Saka, but the tournament's top scorer sidefoots his volley over the bar as he stretches to connect on the edge of the six-yard box.

1305: Cameroon's Patrick Mboma has his first run on goal, but Abdelwahed El Sayed comes out quickly and well to smother the danger.

1304: Egypt, wearing red shirts, white shorts and white socks, have started brightly, keeping Cameroon, in their traditional green shirts, on the back foot in the early exchanges.

1300: From the roars of the crowd, it is clear that the Pharaohs boast a sizeable number of supporters in the stadium.

1259: Egypt get the critical Group C clash in Monastir underway.
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1313: Mido injures himself when challenging Kameni for a loose ball in the box and is stretchered off, looking in some discomfort.

1310: A well-worked Egyptian move ends with Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam neatly played in by Ahmed Fathi but the tall Marseille striker, who has been disappointing at Tunisia 2004, snatches at his strike which dribbles towards Cameroon goalkeeper Idriss Kameni.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1315: Timothee Atouba fires in a brilliant free-kick from range which the Egypt defence does well to glance behind for a corner. From the corner, Mettomo heads Atouba's cross wide

Marko
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

any body actually watching the game?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1318: Ahmed Fathi nutmegs Atouba and the Egyptian fans in the crowd roar their approval.

1315: Timothee Atouba fires in a brilliant free-kick from range which the Egypt defence does well to glance behind for a corner. From the corner, Mettomo heads Atouba's cross wide

Marko
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Is Mido coming back or is he kaput?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1325: Play has yet to restart with Kameni receiving treatment in the Cameroon goalmouth.

1321: Egypt win a free-kick in a dangerous position, and as Mido challenges with Kameni to meet a whipped cross in the Egyptian catches the Cameroon keeper very late. A pack of Indomitable Lions surround Mido who is correctly booked, despite his protests, for his late tackle. Should Egypt reach the quarter-finals, the forward will now miss the tie given his earlier yellow card in the tournament.

1318: Ahmed Fathi nutmegs Atouba and the Egyptian fans in the crowd roar their approval.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1326: Geremi fires a long-range free-kick at goal but his Beckham-like attempt just fails to bend round into the top right-hand corner.

1325: Song takes the free-kick near the Cameroon penalty spot given Kameni's

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1329: Song fires a loose ball straight at Egyptian keeper Abdelwahed El Sayed from 30 yards out, but the strike lacks venom.

1327: Egypt's Tarek Said is lucky to escape a booking for his late tackle on Geremi

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1335: Despite all their possession, Egypt have yet to get behind the Cameroon defence. Meanwhile, Mboma and Samuel Eto'o have rarely touched the ball at the other end.

1332: Geremi catches Tamer Abdel Hamid very late and the Cameroonian receives his first yellow card of the tournament. Abdel Hamid gets back gingerly to his feet.

1329: Song fires a loose ball straight at Egyptian keeper Abdelwahed El Sayed from 30 yards out, but the strike lacks venom

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1337: Ahmed Fathi is played into the box by an exquisite ball from Hossam Ghali but Fathi can't keep the ball in play and there was a shortage of Egyptian players in the box even if he had done.

Marko
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Fatih just missed a glorious chance just now from an Egyptian pressure.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1339: Ahmed Fathi shoots wide of Kameni's right-hand post from just inside the penalty area after Egypt quickly break in the Cameroon half

Marko
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

The egyptians have been pressurizing Cameroun for the past 15 minutes and will finish the half the stronger of the two teams.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1344: The fourth official signals four minutes of stoppage time at the end of the half.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

344: Ahmed Hassan volleys straight at Kameni from outside the box when surrounded by three defenders after being found by a brilliant first-time pass from the heart of the Egyptian midfield.

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

seems like this match is heading for a draw

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

1346: Egypt almost score a ludicrous own goal after Geremi's throw is flicked on by Wael El Kabany and Abdel El Saka draws a save from his own keeper. Cameroon are finally forcing some pressure on the Pharaohs' defence as the half nears its end

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1344: Ahmed Hassan volleys straight at Kameni from outside the box when surrounded by three defenders after being found by a brilliant first-time pass from the heart of the Egyptian midfield.

1344: The fourth official signals four minutes of stoppage time at the end of the half.

1339: Ahmed Fathi shoots wide of Kameni's right-hand post from just inside the penalty area after Egypt quickly break in the Cameroon half.

1337: Ahmed Fathi is played into the box by an exquisite ball from Hossam Ghali but Fathi can't keep the ball in play and there was a shortage of Egyptian players in the box even if he had done.

1335: Despite all their possession, Egypt have yet to get behind the Cameroon defence. Meanwhile, Mboma and Samuel Eto'o have rarely touched the ball at the other end.

1332: Geremi catches Tamer Abdel Hamid very late and the Cameroonian receives his first yellow card of the tournament. Abdel Hamid gets back gingerly to his feet.

1329: Song fires a loose ball straight at Egyptian keeper Abdelwahed El Sayed from 30 yards out, but the strike lacks venom.

1327: Egypt's Tarek Said is lucky to escape a booking for his late tackle on Geremi.

1326: Geremi fires a long-range free-kick at goal but his Beckham-like attempt just fails to bend round into the top right-hand corner.

1325: Song takes the free-kick near the Cameroon penalty spot given Kameni's injury.

1325: Play has yet to restart with Kameni receiving treatment in the Cameroon goalmouth.

1321: Egypt win a free-kick in a dangerous position, and as Mido challenges with Kameni to meet a whipped cross in the Egyptian catches the Cameroon keeper very late. A pack of Indomitable Lions surround Mido who is correctly booked, despite his protests, for his late tackle. Should Egypt reach the quarter-finals, the forward will now miss the tie given his earlier yellow card in the tournament.

1315: Timothee Atouba fires in a brilliant free-kick from range which the Egypt defence does well to glance behind for a corner. From the corner, Mettomo heads Atouba's cross wide.

1313: Mido injures himself when challenging Kameni for a loose ball in the box and is stretchered off, looking in some discomfort.

1310: A well-worked Egyptian move ends with Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam neatly played in by Ahmed Fathi but the tall Marseille striker, who has been disappointing at Tunisia 2004, snatches at his strike which dribbles towards Cameroon goalkeeper Idriss Kameni.

1307: Mboma misses a golden opportunity when Geremi's free-kick is flicked on inadvertently by Egyptian defender Abdel El Saka, but the tournament's top scorer sidefoots his volley over the bar as he stretches to connect on the edge of the six-yard box.

1305: Cameroon's Patrick Mboma has his first run on goal, but Abdelwahed El Sayed comes out quickly and well to smother the danger.

1304: Egypt, wearing red shirts, white shorts and white socks, have started brightly, keeping Cameroon, in their traditional green shirts, on the back foot in the early exchanges.

1300: From the roars of the crowd, it is clear that the Pharaohs boast a sizeable number of supporters in the stadium.

1259: Egypt get the critical Group C clash in Monastir underway.

Team news

Cameroon make only one change to the team that beat Zimbabwe 5-3.

Lucien Mettomo, who played in the first game against Algeria, returns to the side in place of the ousted Bill Tchato.

Egypt boss Mohsen Salah makes three changes to the team that surprisingly lost 2-1 against Algeria last time out.

Abdelwahed El Sayed replaces Nader El Sayed in goal, while striker Hossam Ghali and Wael El Quabbani come in for Hani Said and Ahmed Belal.

The Pharaohs must win to have any chance of going through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameroon: 1-Idriss Carlos Kameni; 2-Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe, 4-Rigobert Song, 13-Lucien Mettomo, 5-Timothee Atouba; 8-Geremi Fotso Njitap, 7-Modeste Mbami, 19-Eric Djemba Djemba, 14-Jean Makoun; 9-Samuel Eto'o, 10-Patrick Mboma

Egypt: 16-Abdelwahed El Sayed; 3-Wael El Quabbani, 5-Abdelzaher El Saqqa, 15-Bechir Al Tabei; 7-Ahmed Fathi, 8-Tamer Abdelhamid, 13-Tarek El Sayed, 11-Tarek Said, 17-Ahmed Hassan; 9-Ahmed Hossam, 18-Hossam Ghali

Referee: Mohamed Ali Bujsaim (United Arab Emirates)
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Half time.Last gasp shot from Mboma forces a save from the Egyptian keeper.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Mboma just fired a wicked shot that was well pushed away by the goalie. Nice play from Cameroon.
To stop trying is to start dying
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

seems like a tough match