Nigeria striker play for Benin

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kclion03
Egg
Egg

Post by kclion03 »

It amazes me how people on this forum render random insults with no regard. With all the education most of us claim to have, we still have failed to cultivate simple etiquette.

Omeoko, nobody on this site has suggested that there are no indigenous Yorubas in Benin. All I intended to point out is that Ogunbiyi (himself) was quoted on BBC as saying that he will seek vengence against SE for not being called up to our national team. He also alludes to the fact that he is Nigerian.

Now even if you have attempted to dispute this, and hence, educate this forum, you must learn to do so in a non-hostile manner. Being an adult, I am sure that you know that sometimes in life, it is not what you say but how you say it. Please learn to disagree without being disagreable.
Don't let your past dictate your future, but let it be part of whom you will become.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

kclion03 wrote:It amazes me how people on this forum render random insults with no regard. With all the education most of us claim to have, we still have failed to cultivate simple etiquette.

Omeoko, nobody on this site has suggested that there are no indigenous Yorubas in Benin. All I intended to point out is that Ogunbiyi (himself) was quoted on BBC as saying that he will seek vengence against SE for not being called up to our national team. He also alludes to the fact that he is Nigerian.

Now even if you have attempted to dispute this, and hence, educate this forum, you must learn to do so in a non-hostile manner. Being an adult, I am sure that you know that sometimes in life, it is not what you say but how you say it. Please learn to disagree without being disagreable.
Oga, speak on it, speak on it..
khalela

Post by khalela »

[quote="THE FAN"]Well, we can not complain ..... after all, Aghahowa and Odemwingie are from "Benin". :wink:

Ha ha
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Muri would just love it love it to score against team mate Enyeama
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Omoeko is a moron. Pure and simple. I have evidence of this, and anybody who wants more info on this can contact me by email

[email protected] :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Malandro
Egg
Egg

Post by Malandro »

ukblack wrote:
juventuss wrote:doesn't a certain part of brazil speak a weird form of yoruba ?
Bahia

Here a link http://cultures.surfwax.com/files/Yoruba_Culture.html

They also nice resorts and the girls there are so FINE 8) 8)
This is true but the average bahian speak portuguese and not yoruba. Really, the only time yoruba is spoken is when they have their religious yoruba ceremonies (its called candomble over there). There are a few yoruba word that have been left over in everyday lingo. For instance people greet each other with axe (ashe), they exclaim Ie! (ye!) to draw attention to something. And they buy acaraje (acara) from street stalls.

I actually have a recording of a bahian song sang entirely in bahian yoruba and it is almost unintelligible to me.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

It may be that they the "Bahian Yoruba" contains remnants of an older form of Yoruba language from older times - then mixed with Portugese. Whereas, modern Yoruba that you speak today has been constantly evolving since their ancestors left left.

Therefore, there may be more things in there that you don't recognize between the time gap and the mixing of that older stuf with Portugese.
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Chief Goza
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Goza »

KickOff Chief wrote:About a quarter of the Benin players are Nigerians. Ogunbiyi, Oketola, Djaffo, Latuonji, Oladikpikpo, Moussoro.

And there are more who failed to make the squad.
KO,

Ogunbiyi's case is well documented. I'm not sure about the rest on your list, but I doubt that Laurent Djaffo is Nigerian. I stand corrected though if you prove me wrong.
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

as you know we share a border with Benin + Yorubas are not only in Nigeria, they are in Togo, Ghana, Benin, Cuba...
Go and look at the map of Nigeria and you'll see why.
I know beacuse as a kid I spent many summer holidays in Benin Republic at my uncle's wife's mother's house, who by the way is yoruba.