Osaze interview on BBC3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

i got the interview on tape as a prelude to today's game vs benin which hopefully i will be getting tape as well. i guess his accent is from his time in russia
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

OSaze is not the first player of mixed parentage to feature for Nigeria.
There was Rueben Agboola in the 90s, Tunji Banjo in the 80s, and of course George Abbey now
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Dodo wrote:i got the interview on tape as a prelude to today's game vs benin which hopefully i will be getting tape as well. i guess his accent is from his time in russia
Dod, which channel are you taping the game from? Is it going to be live?
To stop trying is to start dying
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Chief Bambostic wrote:
geminikoat wrote:Osazee is tha man!

God will bless that young looking guy for using his real age of 23. If na 100% naija, we would be looking at the next 17 year old wonderkid. I believe that because of his mixed upbringing (spent 3 years in the youth academy for CSKA Moscow from age 17), it would have been difficult for them to assign him a "football age"
Despite your misgivings some "100%" Nigerians (Whatever that means!!??) are honest law abiding and do indeed give their correct ages!
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

if Romanus Orjinta can claim to be 22, haba then i guess i was born only yesterday.
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Apart from osaze having mixed parentage, i believe you had john chidozie and Ruben Agboola to name a few(I may have been mistaken) :) :)
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Avayi
Egg
Egg

Post by Avayi »

Eclipse,

A minor correction, John Chidozie was not of mixed race.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

west is 53
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Avayi wrote:Eclipse,

A minor correction, John Chidozie was not of mixed race.
Yes he is! Half Igbo and half Ibo! :)
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

West should be about thirty four at least.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

yettycom wrote:if Romanus Orjinta can claim to be 22, haba then i guess i was born only yesterday.

Romanus orjinta definitely ain't 22..add at least 10 yrs!!
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Could we please discuss the guy's ability or otherwise rather than the irrelevance of his parenthood and nationality simply because he's a half caste.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

Larry Ashagbe
Re: Osaze interview on BBC3

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

cic old boy wrote:Osaze was just interviewed by Damien Johnson on BBC3.

He said things are going well for him and his two goals have given more confidence.

He was asked whether the sending home of Yak was a blessing in disguise for him. He said he is unhappy Yak had to leave, but it had given him a chance and he was happy how he used it in the last game.

He then talked about his background - which the interviewer described as "unusual". He was born in Russia to a Russian mama and a Nigerian papa - both doctors. His papa is a football fanatic and was a doctor for one of the Nigerian clubs.

He said when he scored those goals people went crazy at their house back home and he has been overwhelmed with calls.

He was asked whether he expected to start in the next game and he replied that he didn't need much to be happy. He was just happy to be here and will always give his best when called up.

This is the second time I have seen this kid being interviewed and I have been very impressed. He speaks English with a strange East European and Naija flavour.
Spoke to him a little while ago and told him about all the attention he has been getting.

He is not aware of it cos he does not get to see all the things that we watch on TV.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg

Post by torontoeagle »

The man is a Nigerian...........forget all this mixed parentage thing.........the world is a global village now
T-Dot
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

obong itatex wrote:On the ages of our players,I can vouch for Enyeama's.The guy was a very small boy when his Dad was my coach at Acada United,and also was the coach of the University of Uyo(circa 1986).The fact that he is just beginning his final year at the University of Uyo should confirm his registered age of 22.
Similarly, Pius Ikedia played at Youth Pioneers of Lagos with SLEAKY21 (who will be turning 22 this year) of the forum, and SLEAKY attests to probable veracity of Pius' age.