Help Me Welcome Godwin Odiye To CyberEagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Larry Ashagbe
Help Me Welcome Godwin Odiye To CyberEagles

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Please help me welcome Godwin Odiye to Cyber Eagles.

For the older geneartions that knows him, he was an excellent defender.

Odiye was one excellent defender, it is a shame that he appeared 20 years earlier.

For the younger generation, I would describe Odiye in the same class as Franco Baresi, Taribo West or even better.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories you gave us.

We are privilege to have somebody of the class of Goddy discussing football with us on CE.

Let us hear your memories of Godwin Odiye that you remember during his playing days for Super Eagles.

Please post your welcome messages here for Godwin Odiye.

Thanks
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sagaloooooooooooooooh!!!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:

Welcome.
But I seem to recall you were with us a year or two ago when you were filling us in with the dirty politics that used to (and probably still does) go on in the Super Eagles camp.

Having said that, let it be known that you were a classy defencer.

DamunK
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Um, welcome - again. Never knew he left.

http://www.cybereagles.co.uk/articles/default.asp?id=34
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet
Odiye...

Post by Mudi E »

Hey..Odiye, you broke my heart as a little boy growing up in Ngeria when you scored that own goal against Tunisia in 1978 World Cup qualifying. It so pained me that I was sick for more than two weeks and my life was almost ruined as a result. I don't know if I will ever forgive you for that mishap. But I will. Make sure you don't score an own goal in this forum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Weolcome. No be you score fantastic own goal wey make we no go WC for 78? :mrgreen:
To stop trying is to start dying
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

SUYA,

Nice piece.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Welcome back. I was at the National satdium when you scored that own goal that denied us our first World Cup. Anyway, it's alll good now. I hope things are going well for you in all your endevours.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

na hear I dey hear about that own goal beacuse that one was before my time. So nothing spoil. If you ever rocked the green and white, you are welcome. Give us another perspective up in this piece...
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

All I remember is the song...

"Chukwuma shoot am o
It is a goal o, Odiye!
Chukwuma, shoot am o,
It is a goal o!"

That own goal pain ppl no be lie... but welcome sha... your presence does add value to the board.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

WELCOME LAST MAN ODIYE :!: :!: :!:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Godwin Odiye, welcome to CyberEagles.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is this a 419 post? How can you tell us to welcome someone who has been welcomed in the past? And then to make matters worse, there is no sign of the person you are telling us to welcome.

Well, I guess, Welcome Odiye.

Now, would everyone help me wlecome Okocha. Trust me he is here.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The own goal was rather unfortunate however Godwin must have done other things life prior and post that own goal. I will like him to share with us his best memories of playing for the Green Eagles.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

1naija wrote:Is this a 419 post? How can you tell us to welcome someone who has been welcomed in the past? And then to make matters worse, there is no sign of the person you are telling us to welcome.

Well, I guess, Welcome Odiye.

Now, would everyone help me wlecome Okocha. Trust me he is here.
In spirit or in truth?
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

Believe it or not I was thinking about you yesterday , I was even gonna post a piece on this forum to plead with you to come back.There has been several vilifications of Chukwu on this forums and I was hoping as a guy who played with in Green eagles will help attest to his true deportment as a player and a gentleman. Hopefully your presence in the forum as an ex international player will help put some self proclaimed soccer gurus on check.Wellcome back Mr Godwin Odiye
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

bobbye wrote:Believe it or not I was thinking about you yesterday , I was even gonna post a piece on this forum to plead with you to come back.There has been several vilifications of Chukwu on this forums and I was hoping as a guy who played with in Green eagles will help attest to his true deportment as a player and a gentleman. Hopefully your presence in the forum as an ex international player will help put some self proclaimed soccer gurus on check.Wellcome back Mr Godwin Odiye
CCC might have been a great player and great gentleman, but no be dat one we go chop now..He is definitely not a great coach.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Help Me Welcome Godwin Odiye To CyberEagles

Post by Cellular »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Please help me welcome Godwin Odiye to Cyber Eagles.

For the older geneartions that knows him, he was an excellent defender.

Odiye was one excellent defender, it is a shame that he appeared 20 years earlier.

For the younger generation, I would describe Odiye in the same class as Franco Baresi, Taribo West or even better.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories you gave us.

We are privilege to have somebody of the class of Goddy discussing football with us on CE.

Let us hear your memories of Godwin Odiye that you remember during his playing days for Super Eagles.

Please post your welcome messages here for Godwin Odiye.

Thanks
But di man never left... he was a part of the old cybereagles...

Aniwayz, welkom back from ya sabbatical...

Oya, analyze di games mai fren..... :)
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oga Odiye, welcome back o!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

His last handle was Godiye. We are still waiting for you to say something.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Godwin, what word of advice do you have for CCC and the present crop of players in this ACN and beyond,especially the ones that have "made' it with regard to discipline? How can we prevent own goal? Just kidding! Welcome back. Oya post biko!
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Godiye, welcome if you're in da house.
Yeah, I was told about the episode - nigerian has scored Nigeria - in the very descriptive phrase of the indefitagble Ernest Okonkwo of the blessed memory.
But I was also told of many other wonderful +ive contribution from you, as a player. So you're still a Nigerian HERO.
anywork
Egg
Egg

Post by anywork »

Abeg wey di man una dey welcome? Im neva talk pim. Abi na ghost una dey call?
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

I never saw Odiye play. He must have been darn good because he was actually recalled in the build up to the 1994 world cup. A good 15 + years after he last played for the national team.