Help Me Welcome Godwin Odiye To CyberEagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Godiye
Egg
Egg

Post by Godiye »

Thank you all for your welcomeback thoughts. As one of the members had said in this forum, "he never left". That was correct, I never left, they left me with a website change. Anyhow, it's nice to be back. I'll try as much as possible to reply to each of the post in this forum.

But as far as the own goal is concerned, it could happen to anybody, I was just one of those person, and I'm very disappointed that it was not reported correctly. I replayed the radio tape after the game, and I was shocked with what I heard. Well, that's life.

That game that we lost did not prevent us from the 1978 WC, even if we had won the game, is still not a gaurantee that we're going, but we have a chance, because Egypt and Tunisia still have a home and away game, but nobody knows this. I am as sad as everyone else, even up till today, I still think about it. You all have every right to voice your opinions. All I can say is try to understand what happened, and move on because, "YESTERDAY IS NOT OURS TO REMEMBER, BUT TOMORROW IS OURS TO WIN OR LOOSE".
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Last Man Odiye,
You are one the greatest to ever wear the green.
Don't ask us to forget the own goal because it is an important part of your story and myth. I will tell my grand children I was listening to the radio the day our best ever defender, who had saved us in the game in Tunis, scored an own goal which led to one of the best radio commentaries of all time.

What do you think of the current crop of defenders?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Godiye

I was at the stadium that day and the crowd was frozen when it happened. We have moved on, forget about that. How do you see the ANC in Tunisia?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

For those who still remember that epic match in '78, that tunisian keeper Attouga played the match of his life. Even when Odegbami stamped on him, he did not release the ball.

Men, that was a match!!
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Cybersane God bless you say you tell the truth....you were told about that goal......bcos radio never begin they reach your village.......
I know say you na go tell story say you watch the game for TV......bcos it was blackout that day......untill few minutes to the end of the game before TV broadcast......
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Goldleaf wrote:For those who still remember that epic match in '78, that tunisian keeper Attouga played the match of his life. Even when Odegbami stamped on him, he did not release the ball.

Men, that was a match!!
I remember the incident and the keeper held on to the ball firmly even though he was injured and still won't let go wjile receiving medical attention.

Well spotted.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Metho scorpion wrote:Cybersane God bless you say you tell the truth....you were told about that goal......bcos radio never begin they reach your village.......
I know say you na go tell story say you watch the game for TV......bcos it was blackout that day......untill few minutes to the end of the game before TV broadcast......
Metho: I think I watched the game on TV - I can't be so sure because I was very young and it was a long time ago. But I remember the ball glancing off Odiye's head into our net. I also remember Johnny Nwadioha missing so many sitters, and we were all screaming that Usiyen would have buried those chances.