Much Props to Zimbabwe!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Much Props to Zimbabwe!

Post by YUJAM »

I just finished watching the first half of Zimbabwe vs Algeria and I must say that besides Egypt, Zimbabwe are the best team not to qualify for the second round so far.

These guys can really play ball and the combination Ndlovu, Lupala and Energy are all very good. Lupala in particular, is an outstanding midfielder and for a 21 year old from the local league to blow by seasoned pros the way he did is simply remarkable.

I expect great things from them in the future.
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

Zimbabwe are definitely a very competitive team. Even when there is nothing at stake for them, they displayed great character and sportsmanship.
I hope Naija officials are not disregarding any of the emerging African teams.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I watched the match as well and some of the chances Adam Ndlovu missed were scandalous in particular he had one instance where it would have have required more skill to miss than to score....and he missed.

I think with someome more useful upfront Zimbabwe could have made it through to the 2nd round....I guess they are just going to have to wait for 2006
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

They have a good goalkeeper and a good attack but no midfield and no defence. Good team and i expect them to make another run for the ANC or WC if SE doesn't shape up...
Soldier of Fortune...
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Yujam i agree with you totally my friend. As a zimbabwean myself i think we were unlucky not to progress into the quarters. We should have won against Egypt that first time and were let down by naivety in defence. Back home the local commentators are attributing it to stage fright for most of the players. The coach should have played the team that played against Algeria and he has come in for some criticism for that. Adam Ndhlovu should have played from the beginning. In the whole group we are the second highest scoring team after Cameroon and defending was our undoing. We are going home with our heads held high and can only imagine what would have been if our star striker Benjamin Mwaruwaru (otherwise know as Benjani) had not been injured and travelled to Tunisia.

Watch out for us next time though. Cheers.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Tendai:
I am aware of Benjamin who is a highly rated player.
As long as Mugabe gives your team and football the right backing and the team continues to play together, I see a great future for you guys. The talent is there.
Yujam i agree with you totally my friend. As a zimbabwean myself i think we were unlucky not to progress into the quarters. We should have won against Egypt that first time and were let down by naivety in defence. Back home the local commentators are attributing it to stage fright for most of the players. The coach should have played the team that played against Algeria and he has come in for some criticism for that. Adam Ndhlovu should have played from the beginning. In the whole group we are the second highest scoring team after Cameroon and defending was our undoing. We are going home with our heads held high and can only imagine what would have been if our star striker Benjamin Mwaruwaru (otherwise know as Benjani) had not been injured and travelled to Tunisia.
Mbape
Egg
Egg
Re: Much Props to Zimbabwe!

Post by Mbape »

YUJAM wrote:I just finished watching the first half of Zimbabwe vs Algeria and I must say that besides Egypt, Zimbabwe are the best team not to qualify for the second round so far.

These guys can really play ball and the combination Ndlovu, Lupala and Energy are all very good. Lupala in particular, is an outstanding midfielder and for a 21 year old from the local league to blow by seasoned pros the way he did is simply remarkable.

Hear, hear, Yujam. I feel that we have spent too much energy vilifying Cameroon for letting in 3 against Zimbabwe, and not enough giving credit to the warriors. What a befitting name! Afterall, Egypt, universally acknowledged to be an African soccer superpower did not come close.

Zimbabwe and Rwanda, in that order, have written their names in the book of Africa's elite.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg
Re: Much Props to Zimbabwe!

Post by Mzekezeke »

YUJAM wrote:I just finished watching the first half of Zimbabwe vs Algeria and I must say that besides Egypt, Zimbabwe are the best team not to qualify for the second round so far.

Definetly Yujam props to the Warriors. With a better defence they could very well have made it into the quater finals and that midfielder Lupala is one to watch for the future.

I hope their FA builds on this.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Yes the Zim boys did good. When was the last time Cameroon conceded 3 goals at the Nations cup.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

My "2nd" team did itself proud considering this was their first appearence at the mundial.