Oruma lays into Okocha!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Diabo
Egg
Egg
Oruma lays into Okocha!

Post by Diabo »

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/art ... 10&cpid=24

Oruma lays into Okocha
Wednesday, 04 February 2004

By Patrick Haond
Nigerian star Wilson Oruma has hit out at Jay-Jay Okocha, saying the Super Eagles captain did not want him in the squad for the African Cup of Nations.
The Sochaux midfielder was put on standby for the squad to take part in the tournament in Tunisia by coach Christian Chukwu, but Oruma says he believes the Bolton man's influence may have played a part in Chukwu's decision.

The African told L'Equipe: "Coach Christian Chukwu didn't trust me. He wanted me to be on standby but I refused it as it's not my right place. They told me I didn't respect their decision.

"I was disappointed with Okocha. He may be an icon for our country, but he didn't want me in the squad. That's life."

The 28-year-old schemer admitted he is finally settled at Sochaux after years of trying to find his feet and he owes it all to God.

"God showed me the way. With him, I know what to do," he added.

"God brought me into contact with Guy Lacombe (Sochaux coach).

"I will never be grateful enough to him. When you work with intelligent people, you become a little more intelligent.

"Now I only think about Sochaux."
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

He didn't provide any concrete evidence. Its all "i believe"
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

prat!

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I can understand Oruma's frustration cos based on the personnel I see, he surely deserves a starting shirt (at least a squad place), but all he's doing is speculating.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Okocha again....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Football Manager
Egg
Egg
Re: Oruma lays into Okocha!

Post by Football Manager »

Diabo wrote:The African told L'Equipe: "Coach Christian Chukwu didn't trust me. He wanted me to be on standby but I refused it as it's not my right place. They told me I didn't respect their decision.

"I was disappointed with Okocha. He may be an icon for our country, but he didn't want me in the squad. That's life."
A player who believes he should have an automatic shirt but do not have respect for the coach he wants to manage him. What an Irony!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

well whatever ...everybody must sit on bench and await thier turn...Everybody must fight for shirt regarless of thier club...it looks like Oruma doesn't want to do any of these things..
I feel Oruma though because okocha didnt do any of those things either...
well any how Oruma will have to sit at home and watch Osaze preform..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Whatever Wilson. Been there, done that.

Next!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

And to think I used to think highly of Oruma.

A few days ago, Okocha gave an interview where he singled out Oruma as a possible replacement for him when he hangs up his boot for Nigeria. Oruma is so uninformed.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

did he wepted again :mrgreen:

anyway how some of u dey get ya titles for threads dey suprise me....one would think ORUMA and OKOCHA were involved in some kinky $ex cameroonian style :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Oruma should just keep quiet. I even thought he had evidence that Okocha was behind his non-invitation. Rubbish nonsense. :evil:

I hope he didn't wept this time around while giving the interview. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I must admit, I thought it was scandalous that Wilson Oruma wasnt even invited to the Super Eagles Camp in Faro. The guy is in amazing form for Socheaux and he is probably currently one of the best Midfielders in the French League.

CCC, Whatever happened to "Everyone will have the opportunity to fight for their place.???"

I hope Wilson will not hold his non selection against anyone. We miss him and wish him well; And I personally hope he would at least have a chance to fight for a shirt in the future.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

na Okocha cause am jo
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Make him shut the hell up...

I had always been his fan from the W/c 1993. But after that warm up game for the 2002 W/c he had for Naija, He should be lucky they even called him.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Oruma has himself to blame for not utilizing past opportunities to replace Okocha.We all campaigned for his inclusion at the last ANC,and prior to that,he's not done enough to enable us think of replacing him with Okocha.So,now that Okocha has a resurgence in his football and is the prime candidate for African player of the year,we now have to drop him for Oruma?Looking at our list of midfielders-Olofinjana,Ekong,Lawal,Okocha,Ekwueme,Ikedia-we can see why Chukwu settled on them.Olofinjana,Lawal,Ekwueme and Ekong can all play both defensive and offensive midfield positions.Then he also has Kanu and Osaze who can be called upon to play in central midfield,while Ikedia is our only traditional winger.I think its really a case of Nigeria having too many midfield talents to select from,so a reasonable decision had to be made based on the utility of the players(we all know that unless Okocha is injured,he's most likely to start all games).And does Oruma think Obodo,Melkam,Kalu Uche and Opabunmi don't deserve to be in the ANC?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"