EAGLES: Decamped Players Recalled? Agali refute allegation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
EAGLES: Decamped Players Recalled? Agali refute allegation

Post by VINDAVE »

Agali denies allegation of indiscipline
By Igho Omotewo

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports/article03

DECAMPED Super Eagles' striker, Victor Agali, has said that the allegation of indiscipline levelled by the NFA against him and two other team mates, Celestine Babayaro and Yakubu Aiyegbeni, was a deliberate ploy by the NFA to tarnish their image. They were allegedly sent packing for breaking camp rules, by leaving their hotel rooms at retirement time to go and meet three girls in a separately rented apartment.

However, speaking from Germany via telephone on a radio programme, Agali revealed that they never left their hotel as they were allegedly accused of.

"We never left the hotel lobby at the fourth floor. How can I go out to a night club with bathroom slippers? I am a professional footballer and I know when to go to bed and when not to," he said.

When asked what the three girls were looking for, Agali responded that "those girls were not looking for anybody. If you have played in Europe, you will understand that as a good footballer people would like to take pictures with you and that is exactly what those girls came to do.

"I know what I went through to release myself from my club. I did not go through all these hassles only to come to Tunisia to mess up my self. Besides I am in a relationship that has lasted for eight years now and nothing of such has happened", Agali explained.

Giving reasons for what prompted their expulsions, he said: "I feel the NFA and the sports ministry are only looking for players they want to tarnish their image instead of thinking of how to win the next match".

He added: "They called us and were accusing us of going to a night club. We denied the allegation and when we tried to explain ourselves they ordered us to keep quiet and apologise, which of course I refused to do. How can I apologise for what I did not do?"

"Even Austin Eguavoen was not happy with the treatment and told Chukwu that they cannot lay serious allegation like that against the players without allowing them to explain. This is the Super Eagles for God's sake and not a military camp"! Agali exclaimed.

Meanwhile, the Sports Minister, Col. Musa Mohammed (rtd) have said the players may be recalled if the Super Eagles qualify for the quarter finals.

Reacting to the question whether he would go back to Tunisia if recalled, Agali replied: "I love my country, Nigeria, but with people like Chukwu and the sports minister still incharge, and their level of thinking, I don't think I want to be part of team again".

To soccer loving Nigerians, Agali said: "I want to let Nigerians know that the allegation levelled against us is not true. I know Nigerians are clever enough to know what they are up to. Even if they succeed in deceiving some people they cannot fool everybody".

This is not the first time players would be expelled from the Nations Cup. Two years ago, another high profile player, Bayern Munich's defender Sammy Kuffour of Ghana, was dismissed from the competition for disciplinary reasons.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

and the SAGA continues..................
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmm how come people they avoid this thread where is Charlie Mr Quote master and Robbynice NFA's spokesman pls respond to this abeg.. pls.. :P
Soldier of Fortune...
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

The important question is..was he in his room when he was supposed to be?
This guy has just succeeded in destroying what remained of his SE career.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

nanijoe....are you suffering from hyperlexic or what?
you can not understand the man's story or the man's story can not understand you.......read over again...this time with your glasses

One thing I think is CCC might be intimidated by those Europe based players......and plus they were looking for a scape goat.........
NFA official......#1 419...... if they say to you good morning....make sure you look outside 'cos it might be evening time......
People wake up....this NFA vagabonds are bunch of thieves.....you cannot take a pinch from them..........
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

If Agali is in a relationship what makes you think that he will tell the truth? He certainly isn't above lying. There is no reason why CCC will trump up charges against these three if it were not true. Our players in Tunisia may not agree with the punishment but they know those players broke the rules and for them to keep lying just shows that they lack integerity. I could understand if they spoke out against the severity of the punishment but to lie that nothing happened and refuse to apologize is a travesty and those trying to recall them should themselves be sanctioned.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Some of you guys are something else.

This is not a "PRISON CAMP" you mean the guy cannot come out of his room b'cos he's playing for Naija? As long as he was in the lobby and within the premises, he's ok.

Na wah O.. Why not lock them in chains and hand cuffs while we're at it.

Camp rules only specifies that that you cannot leave the premises without permission, not leave your room. Abeg some people dey vex persin sef.. :o
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

What about the security guard noticing something several times? How does that play into this? It was CCC who pleaded, diffused, and convinced officials to restate Babayaro, and Agali for invitations to eagles camps. The time frame of this incident was not morning, afternoon, or night; it was early morning darkness hours.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Abi now CMS you talk am finish......when blind leads those that are not blind what do you expect......
Blind minister....arrogant Chairman....retarded Coach....and combination of foolish officials.......

They suspended Adewale Ogunbure (The OlympicTeam Skipper) and three other players.....it was all over the news media......now they called him back thru the backyard and none of the vagabonds have the reasoning of coming out to tell why in the world he was brought back after such a mess before Cameroon AG games gold medal.
Can you see how this people always unfold who they are.......

.....Consistently consistent national fools.......killing our great soccer talents.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

...this na case of BODI nor be FIREWOOD... the boys just have to keep bodi and soul warm since there is embago on their wives.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

CMS and MS, na una talk am finish. I'm glad Agali is speaking out and refuting the wild stories dreamt up by NFA and Vanguard.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Method Scorpion you forgot to add blind leading some forumers in here who are not blind, the ones that can see but they need someone whose eyes is closed to lead them and lie to them all the time. Plenty dey for dis forum.....

Metho scorpion wrote:Abi now CMS you talk am finish......when blind leads those that are not blind what do you expect......
Blind minister....arrogant Chairman....retarded Coach....and combination of foolish officials.......

They suspended Adewale Ogunbure (The OlympicTeam Skipper) and three other players.....it was all over the news media......now they called him back thru the backyard and none of the vagabonds have the reasoning of coming out to tell why in the world he was brought back after such a mess before Cameroon AG games gold medal.
Can you see how this people always unfold who they are.......

.....Consistently consistent national fools.......killing our great soccer talents.
Soldier of Fortune...