NOW THAT NIGERIA WILL BE PLAYING CAMEROON, ..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
NOW THAT NIGERIA WILL BE PLAYING CAMEROON, ..

Post by 1naija »

.. Should the NFA call the CAF and tell them that Nigeria will forfeit the game because Cameroon has beaten us in the past, and it would be a waste of time to play the match since Cameroon will win again? I ask this because 95% of you seem to think this is an automatic victory for Cameroon.

I personally am glad that Nigeria get to play Cameroon this early, because patroitism aside, I think Cameroon has done very little to deserve to be feared by any major African soccer playing country, especially Nigeria. I know many of you will say they got to the finals of the Confed cup and so they are a power house. I say so freaking what! As far as I am concerned that competion is as meaningless as the LG cup that we defeated them 3 - 0 in.

I am predicting that Nigeria will beat Cameroon 2 - 0. Mark my words!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

i BELIEVE YOU...i DO WANT A SHOWDOWN BETWEEN US SO WE CAN SETTLE THINGS...........BESIDES, SOMEONE NEEDS TO KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

HE MAKETH LIE DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES...........
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I want to see Cameroon winning during the 90' so that we don't blame the referee anymore. I also hope we don't get an African ref for this game. And please the NFA should contact CAF to stop any bribes in favor of Cameroon. Too bad but Nigeria will go out this Sunday. Okocha will dribble the entire stadium and go home after that.

NOW YOU MARK MY WORDS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Competition is too good.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nna i no lie,i no get any confidence say we go beat Cameroon.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Man me! E dey like say we go mark 1,000,000 words between now and Sunday. Una spare me oh! I no get dat kin memory! :?
reuben
Egg
Egg
Re: NOW THAT NIGERIA WILL BE PLAYING CAMEROON, ..

Post by reuben »

1naija wrote:..

I am predicting that Nigeria will beat Cameroon 2 - 0. Mark my words!
Marked!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1naija we are out and done. Cameroon will beat the Eagles on sunday! If you want i can meet up with you anywhere in H-town and watch the match with you. It will not even be a close match. My prediction Cameroon 2 Nigeria 0
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija we are out and done. Cameroon will beat the Eagles on sunday! If you want i can meet up with you anywhere in H-town and watch the match with you. It will not even be a close match. My prediction Cameroon 2 Nigeria 0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Negativity and realality are too different things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Undertaker wrote:1naija we are out and done. Cameroon will beat the Eagles on sunday! If you want i can meet up with you anywhere in H-town and watch the match with you. It will not even be a close match. My prediction Cameroon 2 Nigeria 0
I will be at Kenny's Cafe for sure. I should warn you, MUDI will be there too. :D
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Well, the die is cast. This is the crunch match and perhaps what will be the most enthralling match of this CAN. I cannot think of any other quarter final pairing in this CAN that will come close to this one. Football watchers are licking their lips already. This is the equivalent of Brazil vs Italy, Brazil vs Argentina and England vs Germany in the quarter finals of the World Cup. Interest for this match come Sunday 8 February at 1pm UK time will be worldwide and it will command serious attention. Church attendance may well be down on that day. There are those who will rather want this match to be the final match of CAN’04. I think the Cameroonian line-up will be Kameni, Tchato, Mettomo, Song, Ndoube, Djemba, Mbami, Atouba, Geremi, Mboma and Etoo Fils. The Nigerian line-up will be Enyeama, Abbey, Yobo, Okoronkwo, Udeze, Olofinjana, Okocha, Utaka, Lawal, Kanu and Aghahowa.

Players will put their reputation on the line and hearts will be played out. I don’t think Cameroon will dare to play 3 at the back but they will resort to a safe 4-4-2. Whilst Schaffer has been a wily coach for Cameroon, he will know that Nigeria is not and has never been a soft target. In fact, he probably will get his players training for penalty kicks. He will want Cameroon to score first so that he can withdraw Mboma and bring Makoun in to strengthen the midfield and withdraw Djemba to join the back four and kill off the game. If he is objective enough, he will be nervous because of the lack of pace and mobility of Song and Mettomo. At least in 2000, they had a seriously rampaging MoM, Lauren Etame Mayer who drew the entire breath out of Babayaro with his surges down the right flank until Bonfrere Jo rescued Babayaro with Julius Aghahowa. He also knows that Cameroon is susceptible to high balls over the back four and although Kanu’s pace cannot frighten Song and Mettomo, he knows Aghahowa’s pace will definitely do it. He will want Djemba especially to shackle Okocha. He will pray for a referee that can close his eyes to the typical bone jangling tackles from his men and for none of his men to be sent off. In particular, he will want Geremi to find a way past the duo of Lawal and Udeze before delivering telling crosses to Mboma. He knows Okoronkwo is not a header of the ball. So, he will want Mboma to shadow Okoronkwo each time there is a corner or free kick. If he is wise, he will know that Etoo will have to be wily enough to take advantage of Yobo’s momentary lapse of concentration. Whatever strategy he decides, he will know the 3 matches in the group stage will be child’s play compared to the latest confrontation with the Eagles.

As for CCC, well, can he stand up and become a man? Kadiri Ikhana had to draw on knowledge that was not previously there to land Enyimba the CAF league. CCC will have to do the same. From now till Sunday, he will have to be engrossed with technical impartation. Alright, fitness training will need to be increased too. If CCC is wise enough, he will know that Cameroon will want to exploit Enyeama’s aerial weaknesses from corner kicks. He will pray that Yobo gets enough sleep from now till Sunday so that he does not lose concentration during the match. He will ask Yobo to match Mboma header for header and he will pray for Okoronkwo to match Etoo pace for pace. He will ask Yobo and Okoronkwo not to bring anybody down at the edge of the box because he knows Geremi can punish us with his curlers. He will ask Abbey to stop the taller Atouba from crossing the ball from the left wing. He will ask Seyi Olofinjana to borrow a bit from Garba Lawal’s heart and get stuck into the midfield battles rather than hiding, after all Viera does not hide, does he? He will ask Seyi to drive the ball forward himself instead of looking for a pass to Okocha all the time. He will ask Okocha to revisit the spirit that caused him to smash a volley against Cameroon bringing us level to 2-2 in the 2000 final. He will ask JJ to avoid wayward passes. He will ask JJ to deliver those lovely lobs just behind the back four. He will ask Lawal and Udeze to stop Geremi from crossing from the right wing. He will ask Kanu to attempt to dribble 3 or 4 players at the edge of box 18 because he knows the Cameroonians will bring him down and Okocha will punish them with his free kicks. Finally, he will ask Aghahowa to look at what Lauren did to Babayaro in 2000 and do the same thing to Song. He will ask Aghahowa to go after Song and put him under pressure. He will make sure that Aghahowa spends time hitting the net so that he becomes hypnotised with the frame of the goal imprinted in his heart.

Finally, CCC will know that the accolade from beating Cameroon will exceed that of his playing days when he marshalled the eagles defence with guile and Cameroon was not even known in African football circles. This is the time for the Eagles to stand up and be counted.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Good write. The question that i seriously think the eagles should be asking is: Can our defence match Cameroon's offence. What i know for sure is that Cameroon will created chances. Nigerias defence would have to win this game, not the offense.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Godleaf,
you said it all 'This is the time for the Eagles to stand up and be counted'.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

bamendaboy wrote:Good write. The question that i seriously think the eagles should be asking is: Can our defence match Cameroon's offence. What i know for sure is that Cameroon will created chances. Nigerias defence would have to win this game, not the offense.

Good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is how they will come at naija, so we should be on our toes. They will try to make every effort and opportunity count, so we should make sure we clamp on them , iron curtain defence style..................................Hope to see us thru the semis................. :D
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Well Oga Okocha says these are the kinds of games he loves to play! I smell revenge in the air! I back Oga and 1Naija (now there's a first. Oga, 1Naija and RudeBoy all in agreement!)! :lol:
Last edited by RudeBoy on Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

1naija i will at Kenny's live too.I will forgo my Art at home and come discuss how Cameroon will overwork Eagles defense like there is no tomorrow. I will see Mudi there and if he behave we will all go to breakfast after the match but if he don't i will open can of whoppass on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fung67
Egg
Egg

Post by fung67 »

I will also be coming to Kennys.I really want to meet Mudi.
"We know there are known Unknowns;that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also Unknown Unknowns-the ones we know we don't know".
DONALD RUMSFELD.
anywork
Egg
Egg

Post by anywork »

Mennn, I didn't know nigerians could fear like this! Are they not 11 men like us? Abeg remember wetin Vince Lombardi talk: "On any given Sunday, any team can be beaten by any other team." We as Nigerians need to understand that. We tend to be too confident or too afraid. To Hades with Cameroon! I have seen enough naija football in my life to know that we can beat anyone. Who born Cameroon?! Abeg, you guys untuck your tails and talk betta!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fung67 wrote:I will also be coming to Kennys.I really want to meet Mudi.
You can't miss MUDI, He will be the tallest person there.
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

I just have the feeliing that Se will perform wonders come sunday
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Cameroun beat eagles? How in the world will someone say that confortably? From a Nigerian's mouth for that matter.

What the SE did to SA is small, watch out for what Cameroun will see
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
LB
Egg
Egg

Post by LB »

i think we will beat cameroun and go on to win the cup
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Wow. One of the best write ups I've read on this forum in a very looong tyme. Very well articulated.
Kudos buddy

Goldleaf wrote:Well, the die is cast. This is the crunch match and perhaps what will be the most enthralling match of this CAN. I cannot think of any other quarter final pairing in this CAN that will come close to this one. Football watchers are licking their lips already. This is the equivalent of Brazil vs Italy, Brazil vs Argentina and England vs Germany in the quarter finals of the World Cup. Interest for this match come Sunday 8 February at 1pm UK time will be worldwide and it will command serious attention. Church attendance may well be down on that day. There are those who will rather want this match to be the final match of CAN’04. I think the Cameroonian line-up will be Kameni, Tchato, Mettomo, Song, Ndoube, Djemba, Mbami, Atouba, Geremi, Mboma and Etoo Fils. The Nigerian line-up will be Enyeama, Abbey, Yobo, Okoronkwo, Udeze, Olofinjana, Okocha, Utaka, Lawal, Kanu and Aghahowa.

Players will put their reputation on the line and hearts will be played out. I don’t think Cameroon will dare to play 3 at the back but they will resort to a safe 4-4-2. Whilst Schaffer has been a wily coach for Cameroon, he will know that Nigeria is not and has never been a soft target. In fact, he probably will get his players training for penalty kicks. He will want Cameroon to score first so that he can withdraw Mboma and bring Makoun in to strengthen the midfield and withdraw Djemba to join the back four and kill off the game. If he is objective enough, he will be nervous because of the lack of pace and mobility of Song and Mettomo. At least in 2000, they had a seriously rampaging MoM, Lauren Etame Mayer who drew the entire breath out of Babayaro with his surges down the right flank until Bonfrere Jo rescued Babayaro with Julius Aghahowa. He also knows that Cameroon is susceptible to high balls over the back four and although Kanu’s pace cannot frighten Song and Mettomo, he knows Aghahowa’s pace will definitely do it. He will want Djemba especially to shackle Okocha. He will pray for a referee that can close his eyes to the typical bone jangling tackles from his men and for none of his men to be sent off. In particular, he will want Geremi to find a way past the duo of Lawal and Udeze before delivering telling crosses to Mboma. He knows Okoronkwo is not a header of the ball. So, he will want Mboma to shadow Okoronkwo each time there is a corner or free kick. If he is wise, he will know that Etoo will have to be wily enough to take advantage of Yobo’s momentary lapse of concentration. Whatever strategy he decides, he will know the 3 matches in the group stage will be child’s play compared to the latest confrontation with the Eagles.

As for CCC, well, can he stand up and become a man? Kadiri Ikhana had to draw on knowledge that was not previously there to land Enyimba the CAF league. CCC will have to do the same. From now till Sunday, he will have to be engrossed with technical impartation. Alright, fitness training will need to be increased too. If CCC is wise enough, he will know that Cameroon will want to exploit Enyeama’s aerial weaknesses from corner kicks. He will pray that Yobo gets enough sleep from now till Sunday so that he does not lose concentration during the match. He will ask Yobo to match Mboma header for header and he will pray for Okoronkwo to match Etoo pace for pace. He will ask Yobo and Okoronkwo not to bring anybody down at the edge of the box because he knows Geremi can punish us with his curlers. He will ask Abbey to stop the taller Atouba from crossing the ball from the left wing. He will ask Seyi Olofinjana to borrow a bit from Garba Lawal’s heart and get stuck into the midfield battles rather than hiding, after all Viera does not hide, does he? He will ask Seyi to drive the ball forward himself instead of looking for a pass to Okocha all the time. He will ask Okocha to revisit the spirit that caused him to smash a volley against Cameroon bringing us level to 2-2 in the 2000 final. He will ask JJ to avoid wayward passes. He will ask JJ to deliver those lovely lobs just behind the back four. He will ask Lawal and Udeze to stop Geremi from crossing from the right wing. He will ask Kanu to attempt to dribble 3 or 4 players at the edge of box 18 because he knows the Cameroonians will bring him down and Okocha will punish them with his free kicks. Finally, he will ask Aghahowa to look at what Lauren did to Babayaro in 2000 and do the same thing to Song. He will ask Aghahowa to go after Song and put him under pressure. He will make sure that Aghahowa spends time hitting the net so that he becomes hypnotised with the frame of the goal imprinted in his heart.

Finally, CCC will know that the accolade from beating Cameroon will exceed that of his playing days when he marshalled the eagles defence with guile and Cameroon was not even known in African football circles. This is the time for the Eagles to stand up and be counted.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!