Bakassi Peninsula Handover Talks On Hold!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bakassi Peninsula Handover Talks On Hold!

Post by YUJAM »

The much anticipated handover of the Bakassi region to Cameroon is now on hold after it was revealed that the Nigeria vs Cameroon quarterfinals will actually determine who gets the much disputed territories.

At this moment, the Community of West African States and United Nations very concerned over the lack of proper protocol being followed here.

A representative from the UN summed it up best. According to him, this latest development is baffling to say the least. "We simply do not understand why a territorial dispute should be solved on the soccer field but I guess the people of Cameroon and Nigeria know best," he said. He also said, " Our emissaries just returned from the two countries. We tried to reason with the people of Kano, Lagos, Douala, Yaounde, Ibadan and Garoua, but to no avail. This is obviously a longstanding grudge match."

The whole world now holds its breath as it waits for the much anticipated encounter on Sunday in Tunis. The match is expected to decisively determine who gets the territories but just in case, emissaries from the sub-region will try to hammer some sense into Nigeria and Cameroon.

More to come on this story!
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Hey, it's all good..we can play for all the marbles and Bakassi too. We go take all the fine girls wey dey Cameroon too when we win.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

If dem want am make dem opn yansh for Sunday. After we use finish, dem fit take Bakassi. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To stop trying is to start dying
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Does this mean Gambia is now officay part of Sengal? :lol:
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gambia should be a part of Senegal. :D
Does this mean Gambia is now officay part of Sengal?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

Funny. You are now breathing a little better I bet now that we done with this stage. I really look forward to Cameroon. I am not afraid.