ORUMA SCORES TWICE IN LEAGUE CUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Taka
Egg
Egg
ORUMA SCORES TWICE IN LEAGUE CUP

Post by Taka »

Last edited by Taka on Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

and he keeps scoring.........call this his break out season in Europe. similar to Ikedia, not sure he'd have done any better than the guys we have now in his position. i'd have selected him over kanu though...
Taka
Egg
Egg

Post by Taka »

He scored two goals
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Oruma is not a striker...why select him over kanu?
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Blakes,

u call Kanu a striker?? lol. abeg,dont kill me with laughter.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Sochaux Oruma sinks St Etienne

PARIS, Feb 4 (Reuters) - A double by Nigeria's Wilson Oruma spoilt St Etienne's party as Sochaux fought back from two goals down to win 3-2 in extra-time and qualify for their second successive French League Cup final on Wednesday.

Once great St Etienne, relegated to France's second division in 2001, found themselves two goals up after 22 minutes thanks to Patrice Carteron and Lilian Compan and on course for their first domestic final for 22 years.

But Oruma levelled the scoring on the hour before silencing the 33,000 fans in the Geoffroy Guichard stadium with a brilliant winner in the 103rd minute.

In the final at the Stade de France on April 17, Sochaux will meet Nantes with both teams trying to win the trophy for the first time.

Nantes beat AJ Auxerre on penalties in the other semi-final on Tuesday.

'I can hardly believe we made it back.

'They're a great team, enthusiastic and technical, I'm sure they will return to the top flight next season,' said Sochaux coach Guy Lacombe.

Veteran defender Carteron broke the deadlock with a fine raid inside the box after 18 minutes, sending the Les Verts fans into a frenzy.

The crowd were celebrating again four minutes later when Compan made it two with a great header.

Sochaux, one of the most consistent teams in Ligue 1, were relieved by a timely free kick by Jeremy Mathieu five minutes before the break.

The top flight side then took the upper hand in the second half and were rewarded when Oruma levelled after a fine dribble inside the box.

St Etienne kept pushing forward and had the best chances late in the game but Sochaux proved fitter in extra time and Oruma ruined the local hopes after a superb combination with Pierre-Alain Frau.

Your views on this story? Email [email protected]
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
khalela

Post by khalela »

Oruma put his money where his mouth is.Or rather his foot.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I certainly hope we don't end up regreting excluding this dude...that is if we haven't already;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
crispgg
Egg
Egg

Post by crispgg »

I miss Oruma!!!!i miss him!!!!!!!!! :cry:
naijasoccer4life
Egg
Egg

Post by naijasoccer4life »

Highlights were on FSW Sports report, didn't know they would show it otherwise I woulda recorded.

First goal (2nd of the match for Sochaux) was an individual effort from Oruma, took on one player and lobbed the ball over the defence with his right foot while falling down.

2nd goal was from a nice pass from wide right, booted into the net.
Nice positioning on that goal.