Cameroon has never beaten Nigeria...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg
Cameroon has never beaten Nigeria...

Post by ikwerreman »

...in the quarter finals
that is the new twist i got from my cousin who called about ten minutes ago.
he says we should not fear that statistics show that we have lost to Cameroon three times in the final and never in the quarters and that the last time he remembers us not meeting Camerron in the final was in senegal in 1992 when we met in the third place match and we beat them.
According to him we will win.
how una see am[/color]
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

nigeria have never lost in the nation cup quaters have we?
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

We go win
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Have we met in the quarters before? Just checking.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Scourge wrote:nigeria have never lost in the nation cup quaters have we?
Cannot recall. You might be write. It has been 1st round, semis or finals........................... :lol:
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

..in the quarter finals
he says we should not fear that statistics show that we have lost to Cameroon three times in the final and never in the quarters and that the last time he remembers us not meeting Camerron in the final was in senegal in 1992 when we met in the third place match and we beat them.
how una see am[/color]

To be honest i am not very confident in the present team...at ANC 2000 i had all confidence in that team and we still got whooped....we dont have half the calibre of players we had in ANC 2000 but cameroon definately do...we are going to a quater final match with strikers who are yet to score...some of our strikers havent scored in 3 tourneys...if we beat cameroon i will be pleasantly suprised...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

maybe this is their time to shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Forget all those old wives's tales. This is a new begining, the better team with minimal errors and better finishing ratio, (scoring chances conversion) will win the game. I'm staying low profile so I won't have to destroy my T.V

I hope Eguavon and co., continue to tinker with the line to give us the optimal line up as done in the last two games......

If they let Clueless Christian get this one we're domed..

Ikwereman I got hit you soon for pm.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Blakes wrote:
..in the quarter finals
how una see am[/color]

To be honest i am not very confident in the present team...at ANC 2000 i had all confidence in that team and we still got whooped....we dont have half the calibre of players we had in ANC 2000 but cameroon definately do...we are going to a quater final match with strikers who are yet to score...some of our strikers havent scored in 3 tourneys...if we beat cameroon i will be pleasantly suprised...
Before the tournament started, I would have said Cameroon would whoop Nigeria 3-0 but now I am not so sure. I have noticed the following lapses with the Indomitable Lions:

(1) Djemba-Djemba gives the ball away to the opposition all afternoon whenever he attempts to make a pass.
(2) Kameni has flapped at quite a few crosses
(3) Mettomo and Song struggled against Algeria and Zimbabwe and are vulnerable whenever the ball is flighted.
(4) There is no pace in the Cameroonian central defence
(5) Lucien Mettomo makes a lot of errant passes
(6) Against Egpyt, Cameroon only kept a clean sheet because the midfield quartet sat deep alongside the defence. This negated the team as an attacking outfit.
(7) Samuel Eto'oo appears to be another one who cannot score to save his life. If Mboma is man marked out of the game, the Lions have a big problem.
(8) Egypt made sure that whenever Geremi got the ball they closed him down quickly and prevented him whipping crosses in. If you do that, you cut of Cameroon's most vital supply line.
(9) Down the left, Cameroon have huge problems. Tchato makes rash challenges, Idrissou is utterly hopeless and Atouba also gives away needless fouls.
(10)Cameroon cannot attack and defend at the same time. They have to do either at the moment.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

So, Nigeria will beat Cameroon right?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Records are there to be broken; Nigeria has never lost to Cameroon in the q/f; then again neither has Cameroon lost to Nigeria in the q/f;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

bamendaboy, you yeye man. Get out of here. Do you have no dignity?
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Eagle Winged, do you know the meaning of dignity? Mugu like u. U be lucky say i love your sista :mrgreen: i for teach u pepe. What part of "later" don't u understand :mrgreen: .
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

bamendaboy, its clear you dont know what later means. The SA match was 4 DAYS AGO. And yet your fat arse is still taking space on the CE sofa :mrgreen:.